Beginner grower with questions

Edgar

I have some questions to ask. I am of course a noobie in growing. One of my plants have 3 yellow leaves, the ones that we bearly first see when the seed hatches and sprout. Im guessing it's normal or maybe ph problems, nutes, soil ect.. And also if you can take a look at my set up and tell me how it is and maybe some ideas or changes i could make. For some reason i can't attach my pictures but i do got an email. Please. I need some help

20160116_110430.jpg
20160116_110338.jpg
20160116_110343.jpg

And these seeds came out of another plant that i got off From one of my friends plants. And only one has problems. The smaller one just sprouted so no signs of that one yet.

Looks like a good start. I used to use a lot of miracle grow soil, so don't let anyone tell you it is bad... its not the best, but it can certainly grow good pot. The main thing to be careful of is that it has a huge load of time release nitrogen in it, and you don't have to add a thing but water right up to the start of flower.

The only explanation I have for you for one plant acting up is that that plant is having problems with the waterflow in that container. Oftentimes a good flush will help the soil settle around the roots and you can get rid of the voided and overly compacted areas. You should be able to notice if you have a problem like this when the same amount of water produces run off on all the plants but one.

I suspect however that you have not totally soaked the soil yet on any of these plants. I assume that ocean water is some sort of designer water... why just 2? An experiment?

Anyway, no matter what water you use, you will need to adjust the pH to 6.5 every time to work correctly with this soil. If you are going to use designer water stripped of all the good minerals and stuff, get some cal/mag supplement to add to your water... you will need the magnesium.

anyway, back to the problem plant. I suspect that the soil is not draining properly on that one and a good soaking is what it needs to correct that. Then, it will need to dry out again before watering. It looks like you have that figured out, and really are not overwatering... but I can't tell yet if that is true.

I wrote a nice piece on watering and have a link to it below... it might be able to give you some insights into your watering method.

Good luck... Let's see some big buds come out of this garden!

Sorry meant to put i am using FFOF Fox Farm Ocean forest on only 2 of my plants right now. And i just put it in my 4th plant with miracle grow. This is just an experiment to test wich soil is best. And also i just use regualr water, i have an electric ph tester. Very helpful. Well thanks for your help. I will see how it goes and i will drain the pot. But i will keep up to date on my 4 plants.

Sorry meant to put i am using FFOF Fox Farm Ocean forest on only 2 of my plants right now. And i just put it in my 4th plant with miracle grow. This is just an experiment to test wich soil is best. And also i just use regualr water, i have an electric ph tester. Very helpful. Well thanks for your help. I will see how it goes and i will drain the pot. But i will keep up to date on my 4 plants.
Good experiment! I love side by side determinations like this and am anxious to hear your conclusions at the end. If you started up a grow log, I would pull up a chair to watch. :)

A weed log? How can you make that haha. Hopefully my plants do grow out to be as i imagined and if not, i got plenty of plenty of seeds nd soil.

Can you direct me one to yours lol i want to see what you got. You seem like an expert and i seen your pictures. I just need to see the set up other people have and what type of soil and nutrients nd fertilizers people use.

Back
Top Bottom