Best LED for my area

GrahamGreen

Hi there, I'm looking for the best LED light available for a 4x4x7 foot area. Looking to scrog. I'd also like if it had both veg and bloom modes. Thanks guys!

Personally im building at diy cree 3590 setup for that exact size tent at the moment...
I went with 10 x cree 3590, 3500k cd bin... running them at 1400ma wich gives 50w to each light...
From my research if you want to go led they are by far the best...
Check out growmua5 on youtub, he gas some great videos up explaining it all...
By no means am i an expert but from all my research overer the last few months this seams to be the way to go IMO...

Sent from my SM-G930F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi GrahamGreen (no relations...lol)

I use 4 - Mars Hydro II 400 series LEDs and love them. Assuming you're talking American $ the 800-1000 was about what spent.

I responded to a thread in this forum and added some pictures so cnile could see some of what my LEDs produced for me. This should take you to that thread...

What are good LED - How much

BobG

Bridgelux Vero 29 with Meanwell hlg-240h-c2100 driver.
One driver drives 3 COBs. Output is 30000 lumens at 150 watts (actual consumption) with dimming and overdrive capabilities.
420-magazine-mobile1199322743.jpg

3 of these will outperform a 600w HPS.

Video is proof.
Vero 29 vs HPS 600W - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The LEDs coverage is 5 feet by 5 feet all together. 2.5 feet by 2.5 feet each.

BobG

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Bridgelux Vero 29 with Meanwell hlg-240h-c2100 driver.
One driver drives 3 COBs. Output is 30000 lumens at 150 watts (actual consumption) with dimming and overdrive capabilities.
420-magazine-mobile1199322743.jpg

3 of these will outperform a 600w HPS.

Video is proof.
Vero 29 vs HPS 600W - YouTube

I run 2 Citizen Clu058 1825s off these exact drivers. X2 in a 3x3.

Way overkill but cheaper than you can buy and 100% to your liking.
420-magazine-mobile373422242.jpg

And having the dim option is great.

You guys will have to explain some of the acronyms. Such as COB. Just trying to remember the difference between PAR and Lumens right now lol. Don't have my handy book with me at the moment.

Circut on board I believe. The latest led tech and pretty incedible from what i've been reading. I just finished reading a journal by fanleaf where he built an amazing cob system.

BobG

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You guys will have to explain some of the acronyms. Such as COB. Just trying to remember the difference between PAR and Lumens right now lol. Don't have my handy book with me at the moment.

COB = Chip On Board.
It's 50+ LEDs mounted on a board. You can see the individual diodes on the COB in this picture.
420-magazine-mobile238008210.jpg

Try too look into some cree LEDs those things are badass if your planning on spending that much you could get yourself a badass light check out LED grow lights depot they have a really nice selection of all kinds of LEDs

Sent from my LG-H830 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Cree can suck it until they bring their prices down. The Bridgelux tests better PAR and higher lumens with 97% efficiency at 20% less cost. The Citizen tests about the same as the Top Cree chips and is half the price of the Cree CXB.

Back
Top Bottom