Best quick dry method to test buds?

NorCAKnowYourGrow

I am having a caterpillar issue and Am trying to decide between a potential early harvest or bud loss. So I want to test some ASAP to see if I should just call it now. I’m struggling to tell if all the trichomes are at least all cloudy...from above they seem cloudy but then looking from another angle-the side-...seem more clear. It seems this plant has been stuck in this spot with trichomes for a week and I keep finding more and more caterpillars.

So, I figure a quick dry and test might be the best call.

what’s the best method to test a bud today?

In a small tupperware container put paper towel on the bottom and then some weed then paper over top. Put lid on but not tight. Important. Mictowave for 1 min or so at 10 percent power. Check. Move around and repeat

Done

I cut off a few lower flowers that are not large and put them out in a dish or hang them from a shelf by the stem or leaf and wait a day or so... Its going to taste green but its the high yer testing not the flavor.

I quick dried some GG4 and an IHG mystery plant. Potency was definetly there but terps are lost behind the chlorophyll
That chlorophyll....off-putting.

Nothing beats a proper cure!
Truth. The evolution of a bud from harvest to drying to proper cure...not to be cut short.

My quick-dried buds were given the "this stuff works" vote of approval by all and now 14 hours of trim and bud washing later no doubt we have minimum 5 weeks before anything is close to ready.

And thank goodness they were ready. I had more of those f'ing caterpillars sunk at the bottom of those wash bins than I care to admit. I try very hard to keep away from spraying with anything but I think those little f'ers are my biggest problem. I wish I had done a pre-emptive strike with spinosad. Live and learn.

But, alas, I think, even with those horrible creatures, my net will still be close to 4# so I can't complain.

I am having a caterpillar issue and Am trying to decide between a potential early harvest or bud loss. So I want to test some ASAP to see if I should just call it now. I’m struggling to tell if all the trichomes are at least all cloudy...from above they seem cloudy but then looking from another angle-the side-...seem more clear. It seems this plant has been stuck in this spot with trichomes for a week and I keep finding more and more caterpillars.

So, I figure a quick dry and test might be the best call.

what’s the best method to test a bud today?
First off, sorry to hear about your potential loses!! I've had an issue with the damn Ninja's as well!! That's what I call them, because damn they sneak in and destory under the cover of darkness!! Its a crime and it's punishable by Death!! Anyway, everyone has their own little way of testing bud out, but honestly, it's gonna have a completely different taste regardless bescause of all the chlorophyll that's still in the flower! That's why we do a correct drying process and then jarring for Curing! The taste is where its at my friend!! Lol!! But yeah, throw a little in a small paper bag, in a dry heated area, no moisture allowed!! Just check it everyday to see if its dry!! But again, it all takes time regardless my friend!!!

First off, sorry to hear about your potential loses!! I've had an issue with the damn Ninja's as well!! That's what I call them, because damn they sneak in and destory under the cover of darkness!! Its a crime and it's punishable by Death!! Anyway, everyone has their own little way of testing bud out, but honestly, it's gonna have a completely different taste regardless bescause of all the chlorophyll that's still in the flower! That's why we do a correct drying process and then jarring for Curing! The taste is where its at my friend!! Lol!! But yeah, throw a little in a small paper bag, in a dry heated area, no moisture allowed!! Just check it everyday to see if its dry!! But again, it all takes time regardless my friend!!!

Yeah, I’ve been known to stand out there at night with a magnifying glass and tweezers.....

Normally, I would skip the quick dry and try and use my loupe to check out the trichomes but it got damaged and I couldn’t see them and I did not want to wait a few days for delivery. I do not trust the pistol method....

Back
Top Bottom