Dry trimming, popcorn buds and bucket tumble trimming?

I wish I had that much to trim
That's just it. Haven't had time to do it all in 1 day so that's why I do it over several days. But then I never grow more then 6 plants at a time (usually 3 or 4). But I'm fixing to go perpetual in the next few weeks so I'll be doing 4 plants every 8 weeks once up & running. I'll probably start a single plant grow this weekend in my 3 x 3 x 6 tent just so I can try out the Bubble Cloner I'm making courtesy of @Emilya tutorials. Thanks Em !

I prefer the wet trim. I take off all the Fan Leaves before I chop the plant down & I may even spend 2 - 3 days removing them. Then I cut off the branches & hang dry. I leave any sugar leaves till it's dry & then just do a very minor trim to remove the wild leaves that stick out. It's much easier to trim when the plant is still in the pot then trying to trim after you cut the branches off.
This is what mine look like before I chop & hang to dry.
Beautiful! :drool:man I want that in a harvest!:adore:

You probably would need a tumbler thing with going perpetual like that. My hands throb after a couple hours but I just get at it for myself.
I use to have a bowl trimmer but I didn't like how close it trimmed so sold it. Sure it was fast. But takes too much off.
Not sure what this Tumbler thing is yet. But 4 plants every 2 months is no problem to trim.

Beautiful! :drool:man I want that in a harvest!:adore:
I'll be starting a single plant grow in a 3' x 3' x 6' tent starting Monday if you have a seed to start & want to follow along.
Doing a Peyote Wi-Fi in FFOF with MC & Terpinator. I'll be Topping with LST & Cloning her also in a homemade Bubble Cloner. Setting up the tent over the weekend for it. The grow in the pic had 3 plants. 1 @ 9.6 oz., 1 @ 10.8 oz. & 1 @ 11.1 oz. I'm shooting for at least 12 oz. on this grow from 1 plant. I think I can, I think I can, Oh Hell, I know I can ... lol.

I'll be starting a single plant grow in a 3' x 3' x 6' tent starting Monday if you have a seed to start & want to follow along.
Doing a Peyote Wi-Fi in FFOF with MC & Terpinator. I'll be Topping with LST & Cloning her also in a homemade Bubble Cloner. Setting up the tent over the weekend for it. The grow in the pic had 3 plants. 1 @ 9.6 oz., 1 @ 10.8 oz. & 1 @ 11.1 oz. I'm shooting for at least 12 oz. on this grow from 1 plant. I think I can, I think I can, Oh Hell, I know I can ... lol.
I wish I had the means to go indoor but sadly I'm straight outdoor! Oh but I will be watching! :popcorn:

That's just it. Haven't had time to do it all in 1 day so that's why I do it over several days. But then I never grow more then 6 plants at a time (usually 3 or 4). But I'm fixing to go perpetual in the next few weeks so I'll be doing 4 plants every 8 weeks once up & running. I'll probably start a single plant grow this weekend in my 3 x 3 x 6 tent just so I can try out the Bubble Cloner I'm making courtesy of @Emilya tutorials. Thanks Em !
I run perpetual. I cant chop all at the same time and I cant up-pot 10 plants all at the same time either. It ends up being 2 plants here and chop trim then 2 more.... like that and all the plants dont finish at the same time even clones of the same plant.

Plus I like veriety so there's that.

I run perpetual. I cant chop all at the same time and I cant up-pot 10 plants all at the same time either. It ends up being 2 plants here and chop trim then 2 more.... like that and all the plants dont finish at the same time even clones of the same plant.

Plus I like veriety so there's that.
My thoughts exactly. Sometimes I leave the small buds on the inner branches an extra week now that the light can get to them. All depends when they finish. But an extra week isn't going to hurt if 3 plants finish at the same time & it takes a week to get to the last one. No big deal for me as I like heavy Indica couch lock weed. Might make a difference with Sativas though.

I like the bucket tumble system for trimming it saves so much time and as long as you are using your trim you haven't lost anything. Product comes out looking like a good dispensary trim.
I dry my bud until it is crispy , cut the buds off the stem , drop in the bucket put the lid on and gently turn it upside down spin it around. Take the buds out ,gently tap them on the side to shake off anything loose.
Put the buds into another bucket drop in a big Boveda pack and let the curing begin.
Then I have a bucket of trim left and the possibilities are endless.

Back
Top Bottom