Drying and curing transition

JWPcinders

Hellloo, so I have a bunch of weed up drying right now still on branches. I trimmed big fan leaves off and hung them. These buds have been drying for almost 5 days. First day was 50 RH and 70 f, then 55 RH and 70 f for the next couple days and the room is now 57 RH and 70f. The leaves on the outside of buds are crispy but the stems are not yet snapping and are just folding/bending. This is telling me they are not quite dry enough yet.

My question is.... when the buds are ready for there final manicure trim should I remove them from the dry room and cut the branches into smaller pieces and store them in a rubbermaid tote to start the curing process? Or should I leave them hanging? It is going to take me over a week to trim it all, so the branches would be hanging there for another week while I pick away at trimming it.

I trim when the sugars are a little crispy don't wait for snappy twigs. If they get snappy you're on the verge of too dry and its stop whatever you're doing if it aint trimming and trim asap.

Just keep an eye on RH, over 62% leave out for a bit when you burp.
The rh of the tote this morning was 63. Today I am going to go ahead and breakdown the rest of the branches and tote them. It is okay to tote them still on stems right? I just still have to do the final trim so I dont want to spend a whole lot of time separating buds from stems for now since its easier final trimming with the stems attached. Main objective is to get them curing then finish trim over the next month lol

The rh of the tote this morning was 63. Today I am going to go ahead and breakdown the rest of the branches and tote them. It is okay to tote them still on stems right? I just still have to do the final trim so I dont want to spend a whole lot of time separating buds from stems for now since its easier final trimming with the stems attached. Main objective is to get them curing then finish trim over the next month lol
:popcorn: I am too green to know if this is a good idea, but would love to hear if this recommended or if the goal is to trim before we hit the rh sweet spot, please.

I don’t see why it would hurt anything to leaves them on their stems
Sorry Pennywise, if I tossed these dryish buds to cure at the low 60 rh with a lot of sugar leaves wrapped around the buds, I could trim them a month from now? Then use that shake for edibles or something? Is that correct? First run with information overload, thank you!

Yes, I’ve stored buds with sugar leaves on them trim them up as I use them. Sugar leaves are great for making whatever.
I do as pennywise says and store bud with sugar leaf protecting it until i have time to trim.
the sugar leave will cover bud if you hanged upside down and protect it and slow drying slightly until you catch up in trimming.

the only problem i find is it's slighty harder to do final trim with scissors beause sugar leaf is tight against bud, i also find when i do this i get a ton of crytsal from trim i seperate that out of trim and press it. shake your trim bowl get that crytsal its goood.

Back
Top Bottom