How do you trim?

Rucifer999

Hello all, if you don't mind lets hear about some of your dry/trim techniques. And why you like to trim that way.

I chop off the biggest colas first. Then when I trim the branches while they are still fresh I remove all fan leave and get as close as possible without trimming the sugar leaves. Once the leaves with no trichomes are removed I trim the sugar leaves and collect that. I then proceed to hang dry them. Over a few days of drying I feel the outside of the buds. When they are "crunchy" to my liking I then do a final trim removing any sugar leaves that still stick and can give it that close trim look.

I also enjoy this because that trim is dry and smoke-able while the buds are either left to dry a bit longer or put in their jars to cure.

I like trimming this way because in the past I would let them dry with leaves and didn't like the taste.

I trim the large fans off a day or so before chop. On chop day I take the small fans off. I clip Larfy lowers into a bin, the plants are then hung for 3-7 days depending on bud density. When they are just dry enough to take a test bowl, I manicure them up, toss them in a paper sack, and place in my entertainment center. 2-4 days later they are at their prime.

I started doing semi dry trimming because I don't have room in my freezer to keep fresh trimmings plus I am going to start making dry sift hash vs making water hash in my tiny upstairs apartment with 5 gallon buckets, lol.

I trim off anything with a visable stem about 5 days before the chop. Then break the plant into a few big sections and hang to dry. I trim the rest once it's crispy. It's a messy trim but it's easier and faster imo cos you can just do most of it with your fingers. Get some crackin charas at the end of it too. :)

Thanks for the replies awesome. I really enjoy hearing how people have different techniques. Here are some pics of my final trims. Some good ole Blue Dream and AOG.

Attachments

• Blue dream.jpg
    Blue dream.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 73
  • final trim.jpg
    final trim.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom