Best strain for 1st time grow, and best place to get them!

Dentu50

Greetings all! Well, I've basically have my grow tent set to go, just a couple more tweaks and I'll be set to give it a whirl! One question I send out to my fellow 420ers is what is the easiest strain to grow for my first time, and a reliable seed bank to get it from. I've read in a couple of places that Northern Lights is a good one to start with,but I'm sending out to hear what some accomplished growers have to say on the subject. I have a 4x2x5 space, and would like to get the most bang for my buck. Any help would be appreciated, and most likely it would have to be a stealth delivery since I live in a state that is behind the times when it comes to such things. Thanks in advance again to all who respond and help...I've learned so much from everyone...I guess you can teach an old dog!

Hello Dentu and welcome to the journey. If this is your first grow I would recommend you trying at least 1 auto. They grow small and fast and only need 3 gallon pots. Perfect for your setup. If you want to go with a regular strain look for a more indica dominant strain that grows short and has short flower period. If you go with a sativa you be growing for 6 months seed to harvest. As far as seed banks herbies is a good option. They mail descret with no signiture required and you can pay little extra for guarentee. Ive never got the guarentee and never had a problem. Good luck

Auto, Dinafem Automatic Fruit - Can't mess it up, fruity solid smoke.
Reg, Soma Big Kahuna - short tight plant, makes a massive top - Don't top it much or bush it out, it likes to go straight up and make a fat bud along its stem. Makes for a short veg and a nice bud turn around.

I know I'm probably doing this wrong, replying to your posts, but I'm very confused by these things, threads, trackbacks(wtf?, lol), but I appreciate all who have replied...thanks

P10607361.JPG
P10607371.JPG
P1060714.JPG

Hey Paddy! Awesome plants. With my grow space(4x2x5), using cfl's, how many plants would you think I can grow, and what size containers.. I have 3 gallon smart pots, will these work....again, awesome!

Hey Paddy, thanks so much for your help. I read the tips you sent a link too, the 50/50 mixture of coco/perlite seems like the best way, but it also seems to make things more complicated to me..I was told by a few people that using Happy Frog would be a way to go,.but then again, to me this all seems like a foreign language to me. The wet/dry cycle you mention, is there someplace I can find out more about that...I really worry about over watering. You seem like you know so much, and I really appreciate your help.

I'm a first time grower too Dentu. There is a lot of great help from our 420'ers. I bought my seeds from Bonza and have been very happy with them. Put in a second order too.

Out of three varieties only my White Widow is growing strong so maybe you should try this one. Good luck with this whole new crazy world of grow tents and expertise. Back in the old days I just put some seeds in the ground and somehow they sprouted. :high-five:

Thanks so much Tranquil, I appreciate all the help. I came across another site and it is full of helpful articles and insights into all things about growing. I'm blown away about all the things involved, gosh, I thought this was a weed...can't get rid of dandelions and they are a weed too, wish they were the same! LOL. I still have a lot to read up on, like on ph values of water, adding or taking away nutrients and many other things.

I noticed that strain while I was searching around the web, and it's on my list.when I order seeds, since NY has such a problem with the greatest thing I've ever come across that helps me cut down on my painkillers I take for my medical condition, I want to order a few different ones. I was thinking about Jack Herer and Norhern lights. Both of these are supposed to be good for newbies, and the yields are supposed to be decent. Would love to get a couple ounces from each plant, but who knows! Was the shipping from Bonza expensive and stealth? Really cannot wait...have to smoke real crap commercial since anything around me that would be considered "primo" is like 25 a gram...way out what my fixed income can afford. Thanks again for your help and thoughts, would love to hear more about your grow.

Back
Top Bottom