Best Temperatures, Indoor Grow At Harvest Time

The Dude Inhales

420 Member
Good Day

I'm in the final week of growing and want to simulate fall temps, night temperature setpoint is 65F and day is 74F plus or minus a 2 degree variance.

My question is regarding the lower end, will lower temperatures increase potency and speed up the ripening process or hinder it?

My particular environmental circumstances give me a temp variance of 50-80F...plants are fine. I like that there is some variance because, as you say, that's what happens in nature. Does it speed up ripening? No idea, but I like to think it allows the plant to do it's thing.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    178.3 KB · Views: 92
Killer user name! :passitleft:
I have to agree, lol!

I had my plants down to 55°f, before I dialed in nighttime temperature and, when the cold snap was in full swing. The cold, although natural, causes stresses on your girls which will definitely bring out their fall colors, or enhance the natural color of the plant. That being said, I found that the cold stressed my girls and ultimately the yield was affected by that.....negatively. @Blew Hiller .....dude, that's cold lol!

. @Blew Hiller .....dude, that's cold lol!
Yup, not recommending it but that is my situation....I have 24/7 germinating mats going and it helps keep the roots (in 7g) temp stabilized...the 50F is air temp and that is because the ambient temp of the area is probably a few degrees below that (I've given up measuring it...it is what it is). However, this has been my best crop yields to date....I attribute that to adding a 315w CMH to my 200W COB...lighting makes a big difference with autos...

Just recently harvested Kush Auto...she was consistently in 50-75F temps

Little prologue. Talks about a guy named Clarence Nelson and his 1940's study of cannabis sativa root to shoot temperature variance and results.

Have you though about a thermostat controlled heater in the grow space?...I have a temperature probe and floor heating thermostat controlling a ceramic heater...your yields do look good though regardless.

Great article, I've been bringing in cool outside air into the top of my grow tent and channeling it through the fans on my LED grow light and distributed ...40F is achievable in my setup but I won't be attempting that this grow, I'll try 55F before I harvest.

Got a temp and RH controller set from amazon. $70 w/ prime. As another possibility. Works good.

Inkbird ITC-308 Temperature Controller with IHC-200 Humidity Controller with Outlet, 10A 120V

Back
Top Bottom