Best time to transplant?

I was wondering if folks would like to chime in about they're preferred time of day to transplant. I will be transplanting a few plants this weekend. Which is the least stressful. Multiple thought processes from what I've seen but the most popular seems to be late afternoon to allow them to recover during the evening. I would have thought early in the morning so that the sun could give them the energy to recover faster. Hmmm?

I've never really worried about it. In the daytime, unless I was doing a guerrilla planting and worried about being seen, because it's easier to do when you don't have to hold a shaded flashlight, lol. Not at high noon if you expect to be sloppy with the initial watering and get the leaves all wet. Other than that... whenever is convenient.

But have you already hardened off the plant for outdoors. I realize you are probably done but I’d like to hear more

Yes, these plants have been hardened off and are in full sun most of the day. I was speaking with someone recently that has decades of experience and he said I was thinking about it too much. Haaa haaa. He said, transplant it, water it in, and let the plant figure it out. Damn hippies...making things easier than they have to be...wait, isn't it the other way around?! :hmmmm:

if you are doing it correctly and doing it when the roots have shown you that it is time to uppot, then any time is as good as any other... there is zero stress. The internet strikes again, putting fear into your mind that somehow uppotting has to cause stress and somehow stunt out your plants, so I understand why you might want to try to minimize this thing that these gurus are freaking out about. Rest easy... much of what you read or see on youtube is not correct.

Back
Top Bottom