Best way to hang CFLs

No problem... like LaidBackLeo said they are best when you can position them around your plants. I have a veg closet with an LED panel overhead but with supplemental cfls on adjustable arms... this way I can manipulate them in any fashion I choose. I got the arms at Ikea for less than 10 bucks each ...

Taken a while ago... these plants are huge and in my flower room now but so you get my jist...
420-magazine-mobile1611962950.jpg

Nice work thks for tht, wondering wat size cfls ur using?ive got a 130w 6400k cfl is this ok for doin cuttings and rootin them?

Now... here is the issue. CFL manufactures have two wattage numbers they put on their packaging. I am pretty sure when you say 130 watts you are reading the 'equivalent wattage' which means nothing. That is just the manufacturer comparing their output to an incandescent bulb. You want to look at the ACTUAL wattage. That bulb in the back... the one as big as my head... is only 60 actual watts. The other 2 are 30 actual watts. I also have two 150 actual watt bulbs in my flower room and they are GINORMOUS.... HUGE Bulbs. So... is your bulb ACTUALLY 130watts... if so... it should be about ten+ inches long... or is it somewhere under 30 watts actual watts? It's really misleading if manufacturers to do this... imo... but I suppose when cfls were new people wanted to know what size household bulb they would replace. They could say it's 100000000 watt equivalent if they wanted... but it's actual watts drawn that matters.

6400k is the correct color temperature for vegging. You will need to switch them out for bulbs that are warmer... around 2700k for flower.

XxKitty

Back
Top Bottom