Best way to transition plants from a 2000W LED, 400W true, veg room too a 1000W HPS without shock?

Sask420grow

Hahahaha. I think I should rename myself to “that guy” after a few members may recognize me from prior posts. HELLO AGAIN! haha.
Got a new grow going. Basically all the same stuff except I got a new LED going in the veg room.
Prior to ACTUALLY doing some good research on LED and true wattage I bought a 2000w LED under the impression it’s BIGGER!! Nope. Not at all. It’s a piece of crap haha. The plants were the recommended distance from the light but kept stretching and stretching. To this day I don’t know why haha. Owell. I tired of growing them and am ready to transition them into my flower room ( i just harvested!!! Whhoohooo!!).
My question is. Since my veg room grow light is only putting out 400w of true watts. What should I do to transition these plants so it’s less shocking when they go under the 1000w HPS? I do have a 1000w mh. Would that make a difference? 1000w it’s a 1000w right?
Maybe I put the light further up?
Maybe I use a shad blanket like the ones for outdoor gardens to help “deflect some” light?
Any ideas are good ideas. Let’s see some...

Ive experienced shock when going from 630w of CMH to1980w of Quantum Boards ( not even close to ran at full power ), i beleive it was due to the change in light as I didnt need to disturb the medium as they were in the final pots at the time of tansfer, ive been trying to find the info that i found at the time about the differences that would confuse the plant and induce stress. I know Photons is Photons, but they both put light down in different ways, so if possible induce the change gradually and see if you can prepare them for the change ( B-Vits, Kelp etc ).

Mine stalled for 2 weeks the bastards. Not had that issue since as I veg under QB and flower under QB and Cobs, CMH are long gone :slide:

Back
Top Bottom