Giixer 1000w LED Concerns & Misinformation

djdmaze

420 Member
Hello everyone at 420, new member here, proud to be apart of the community. I follow many threads here, but finally decided to register after starting my latest grow. We (my spouse and I) have some previous grows under our belt via soil and coco, even some I did by myself some years back. As of March, 14, 2020, we've started our first DWC grow using the Giixer 1000w LED. Previous grows always used MH/HPS 600 watt and expectations were met other than the pricey electric bill from being on 18hours/day. However, I decided to try LED in efforts to save a bit on the bill. Our current grow is a stealth grow in a Mylar covered armoire (4x2x6) with 2 plants in a 27gal tote, via Top Feed DWC. I'd say height is 5 feet with light added in armoire.

Now we that we got the basics out of the way...my problem is with this damn grow light. I was under the impression that I was getting 1000 watts out of the light only to measure the actual power draw of 118 watts. After thoroughly researching LED lights and power draw, I have determined that 118 watts is not going to get me the desired yield. My theory is that this light will not fatten up the buds as much as HPS or a LEC due to low wattage and the gram/watt measurment. Am I correct on this? With this light I should expect airy or not so dense buds right? Or can I offset the low wattage with a longer veg time? Can my canopy and veg time offset the gram/watt measurement? Then again, I don't want to veg for 3-6 months for an 4-8-ounce plant. So in a way, I'd rather just take the $80 loss (should've known something was wrong with that cheap ass price) and invest in a higher powered LED. I have some 600 watt HPS/MH's in the back cabinet that I'm eager to throw in the armoire grow and discard/return that darn Giixer for false advertising.

Very misleading description on Amazon. Says replaces 600 watt MH/HPS, hence, why I bought it because I know what to expect from a 600 watt HPS/MH. Only to find out this thing has NO WHERE NEAR the power and light output my 600 watt MH/HPS's put out. So @Giixer my question to you is what the hell are you referring to when you say "replaces/comparable with 600 watt MH/HPS" because it is very misleading and until you fix that description I will be informing people and redirecting them from your products. Maybe they meant in terms of brightness its comparable but IT IS DEFINITELY NOT in terms of the wattage/energy my plants will receive. You will also be receiving a bad review from me but partly it is my fault for not doing the proper research. However, that one statement is what made me click the "buy" button.

The only thing I am concerned about is the heat and amount of power the 600 watt mh/hps has for 2 plants in that small armoire. Essentially, it seems overkill and I think is too small of a space, will generate too much heat and burn my plants. So technically, I'm thinking LED still for coolness and maybe a bit of efficiency? I was thinking of upgrading to KingLED 2000w with actual draw of 392 watts! Now according to the gram/watt measurement, with this light, even if I am a little under 1gram/watt it should still be a decent harvest while not outputting as much light/heat/energy as 600 or even 400 watt mh/hps but maybe right around the same performance as the 400. Even then, don't LED's usually get a little over 1g/watt anyway? I know those 315w LECs are great with 1.5+ gram/watt. I've seen multiple people pull a pound off one of those lights with minimal plant training/effort.

Also why the hell are all of the chinese manufacturer title names (1000w, 2000w, 3000w)? Just take away the "w". It's so misleading when 1000w, 2000w, 3000w have nothing to do with the product. It's literally just apart of the product name. [1000w=118-185 True watts] [2000w=392 True watts] and 3000w=615 True watts (which SHOULD be just as powerful as the 600Watt MH/HPS bulbs in our back cabinet). BUT here is a spider farm LED that is putting out less watts than my Giixer! But is supposedly much more powerful. I just don't know anymore, I'm looking for true watts from the wall now. No more of this 1000w, 2000w product label crap. LED BUYERS BEWARE! This LED thing is super confusing and it seems like a whole another ball game apart from growing.

Even though I am about to part with this light, I've followed a few threads from other members using the Giixer. It doesn't look good, most of the journals seem pretty current, but unfinished. @captainhowdy @GHempster, can you provide any output on yield/quality of Giixer 1000w? @SomeFire had a decent journal up until flowering with the Giixer1000w. If you could provide us with the final experience on this light, we would greatly appreciate it. His buds looked pretty good but the VEG was long I think, and maybe looked like a 4oz'er plant.

So I guess what I need is some advice from some experienced growers. Will this 2000w King be enough to get at least 10+ ounces out of my small area for 2 plants.

This is standard operating procedure for the blurple light crews

A 600w HPS is too big for that space,maybe a 400w

Two of those Blurple will work in that space if it's not too hot

Also, linking to products like that is against the rules, so I'd delete the Amazon link

This is standard operating procedure for the blurple light crews

A 600w HPS is too big for that space,maybe a 400w

Two of those Blurple will work in that space if it's not too hot

Also, linking to products like that is against the rules, so I'd delete the Amazon link
Omg thanks Chris for heads up removed those immediately. I was thinking 600 too much too. The King2000w(392 actual draw) should be somewhat similar to expectations from a 400HPS in terms of heat and performance?

I'v found that this light may have a niche market in that it provides nice blues in veg and reds in flower
A great supplemental light :)
I agree Stunned. But not for use as main light to get big yields. Or not for use as they advertise: "replaces 600 watt mh/hps"=false

Sorry but I could not trust the light to produce any buds. I removed the light even before finsihed vegging as the light was actually causing weird stunted growth.

Mars TS1000 would rock your amoire and has better than 1g/w effecacy.
Or any QB light.

A GROWant will also be good and save you more on electric bill.

Let us know if you have any questions. We make a killer light rhat will rock a 2 x 4. It will cost more than blurples though. All quality / high end components.

Thanks for the mention @Chris Scorpio

Sorry but I could not trust the light to produce any buds. I removed the light even before finsihed vegging as the light was actually causing weird stunted growth.

Mars TS1000 would rock your amoire and has better than 1g/w effecacy.
Or any QB light.

A GROWant will also be good and save you more on electric bill.

Thanks so much for coming back to respond GHempster. I see the MarsTS1000 actual power draw is less than King2000w. You really think I can get near 2.5g/watt as advertised? Would you take this over the King2000w with 392 actual watts? I see it says the blurple lights are old tech so that should help increase yield? You guys should know I am so skeptical with the descriptions now lol

QB style lights are rated at wall watts...not like blurple lights

What you grow is based on your skill level and knowledge, yes lights are a major aspect of that,but garbage in = garbage out

Get a good light
Medium that fits your style
Real Cannabis nutes

Read journals here that reflects the choices you made from Above

and ask questions

Thanks so much for coming back to respond GHempster. I see the MarsTS1000 actual power draw is less than King2000w. You really think I can get near 2.5g/watt as advertised? Would you take this over the King2000w with 392 actual watts? I see it says the blurple lights are old tech so that should help increase yield? You guys should know I am so skeptical with the descriptions now lol

loads of non grow led experience. worked in lighting production.

mars uses epistars -- not a huge fan. will get the job done but are not best / most efficient chipset.. mars has a tendency to run hotter than comparable fixtures ... heat = inefficient. on the plus - probably cheapest light for bang.

budget led uses samsung chipsets. impossible to get better. provides the same board specs as higher brand names costing double or better. high quality. probably can't get better in the price range.

have no skin in this game. i'm on cob rigs i build myself. both are sponsors.
you can't lose.

Almost 400w would be great. But if it is a blurple light and has veg and bloom swtiches and internal fans than the power output is not the whole 392w as the fans require a bit. In addition if you do use the switches you are only drawing half power with one switch on.

QB from BudgetLED or Mars will do great. P.S. my Mars does not run hot at all.

The GROWant light is different again even though it appears in pics as a blurple light I would not classify it as such as the light it emits does not come across properly in pics. It is a soft purlpe hue that is easier on the eyes even more so than the white QB lights. I would classify it in the same realm as some commercial lighting companies like Scynce just more suited for home growers. It uses focusing to increase the light output rather than increasing the wattage. The smallest unit they sell which is below $100 outputs more PAR than any of my Mars Lights. And runs at about half the wattage.

The actual blurple lights I run are only about 1 to 1.2g/watt the QB boards way better and the GROWant is above that again.

Thank you all so much for your help and responses. I definitely will be looking into Budget LED as we are both in Michigan :D

Any thoughts on the King2000w?

My thought is you end up wasting more money. Keep that gix whatever for a "backup emergency" light, or return it for a refund if possible. Then grab one of the 250w Series 3, Red Spec lights (in 3500k) from @Budget LED. One of those lights (yes, just one) will rock the shit out of a 2x4. I'm using 2 of their 250w's in a 4x4 and just pulled 34.25oz with them.

They're $339, and if you check out their sponsor thread here you can find a discount code that is good for 5% off. Takes it down to about $323, and shipping is free.

I've decided long ago I don't care about the ugly light of blurples. My old Mars Hydro 300's and 700 and my Viparspectra 450 grow great weed. Quality and quantity. I have 2 sp25O's running right next to them, I don't see a hell of alot of difference. Barely any really. I even have crap off brand blurples that grow great weed. So much more to do with it than just your light.

WHos got the growants going? I WANT! Growant let me try your lights! CHEers @djdmaze gl to you mate! :yahoo:

My thought is you end up wasting more money. Keep that gix whatever for a "backup emergency" light, or return it for a refund if possible. Then grab one of the 250w Series 3, Red Spec lights (in 3500k) from @Budget LED. One of those lights (yes, just one) will rock the shit out of a 2x4. I'm using 2 of their 250w's in a 4x4 and just pulled 34.25oz with them.

They're $339, and if you check out their sponsor thread here you can find a discount code that is good for 5% off. Takes it down to about $323, and shipping is free.
Glad I didn't purchase anything. Half of those numbers sounds perfect. How long did you veg? I'm thinking about getting it.

I've decided long ago I don't care about the ugly light of blurples. My old Mars Hydro 300's and 700 and my Viparspectra 450 grow great weed. Quality and quantity. I have 2 sp25O's running right next to them, I don't see a hell of alot of difference. Barely any really. I even have crap off brand blurples that grow great weed. So much more to do with it than just your light.

WHos got the growants going? I WANT! Growant let me try your lights! CHEers @djdmaze gl to you mate! :yahoo:
Then you have me thinking about the 3000w blurple king lol I do love the prime shipping lol

Almost 400w would be great. But if it is a blurple light and has veg and bloom swtiches and internal fans than the power output is not the whole 392w as the fans require a bit. In addition if you do use the switches you are only drawing half power with one switch on.

QB from BudgetLED or Mars will do great. P.S. my Mars does not run hot at all.

The GROWant light is different again even though it appears in pics as a blurple light I would not classify it as such as the light it emits does not come across properly in pics. It is a soft purlpe hue that is easier on the eyes even more so than the white QB lights. I would classify it in the same realm as some commercial lighting companies like Scynce just more suited for home growers. It uses focusing to increase the light output rather than increasing the wattage. The smallest unit they sell which is below $100 outputs more PAR than any of my Mars Lights. And runs at about half the wattage.

The actual blurple lights I run are only about 1 to 1.2g/watt the QB boards way better and the GROWant is above that again.
Is the King LED 3000w (615w draw with 4 fans) overkill for 4x2? Btw they are doing great under giixer but I need a stronger light so I don't have to veg so long and I want some fat bud sites when I start training. This is week 4 from seed. Do you guys wait to count your weeks until roots develop?

Attachments

• IMG_1953.jpg
    IMG_1953.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 133
I would get a light without fans. Quantum boards are amazing.
More stuff to go wrong. Quantum boards are much easier to repair and upgrade than most lights.

Back
Top Bottom