Giixer 1000w LED Concerns & Misinformation

Is the King LED 3000w (615w draw with 4 fans) overkill for 4x2? Btw they are doing great under giixer but I need a stronger light so I don't have to veg so long and I want some fat bud sites when I start training.

nothing wrong with kingled. i would look elsewhere for flower tho. try a quantum board.

cobs and qbs do not require forced cooling to be efficient. all you need is the air exchange already required for filtering the tent or grow space.. unless you don't do that either.

" boxed in " appliances with fans have an inherent disadvantage. the moment you step from passive cooling you are getting inefficient.

I would get a light without fans. Quantum boards are amazing.
More stuff to go wrong. Quantum boards are much easier to repair and upgrade than most lights.

get qbs. go overkill on lighting , and have a dimmable capacity to hit a sweet spot..

example - not qb.. i have cob which is older tech but similar effect -

it's a true 600 watt wall draw rig that i run about 80 - 90 %. can't run full up with most plants.
i am no spectacular grower by any means. it's just light and nutes.

i am no spectacular grower by any means. it's just light and nutes.
I doubt that! You didn't grow them like that the first go-round I bet! Also, is that good genetics from a real breeder or bag seed from your neighbor?

Glad I didn't purchase anything. Half of those numbers sounds perfect. How long did you veg? I'm thinking about getting it.

That was with autos. ;)

1.942g per watt was the end return.

Worth every penny, too.

Then you have me thinking about the 3000w blurple king lol I do love the prime shipping lol

Is the King LED 3000w (615w draw with 4 fans) overkill for 4x2? Btw they are doing great under giixer but I need a stronger light so I don't have to veg so long and I want some fat bud sites when I start training. This is week 4 from seed. Do you guys wait to count your weeks until roots develop?

Now I'm not here to start a big ass debate on lights, but I will offer a bit of guidance here.

First, think about this... that "3000w" blurple is going to draw 600watts from the wall. That's overkill for a 4x2 tent on just a number. However, it's also going to make your tent hot AF. Why do those units have fans, while others (like the ones I mentioned previously) don't?

It's really simple. Those lights on amazon, ebay, etc may look appealing with the price tag, but what do you get for your money? You get inferior LED's which are much less efficient. Do you know where they get that "3000w" number? It's the sum of all the 5w diodes (the little led's) in the light. They don't power the chips very hard though, because of the low quality.

On top of that, even running them at significantly reduced power, they still have to add cooling fans. Why? Because of the inefficiency, they produce way more heat. So they have to add fans to keep the light from burning up. Also because of the fans, part of the watts they actually draw from the wall go to run the fans. That light is also $300.

Now, the Budget LED board I mentioned previously draws 250w, and will flower a 4x2 very, very well. It has no fans, and all power is going to the led's. It's a full spectrum, natural light, and even has added UV. It's also only $339, and you can get 5% off with the forum discount code. It also ships free. I ordered one on Thursday, it was at my door Monday. (FYI amazon is "prioritizing" shipments and aren't as fast as they usually are, even with Prime.)

That King light is going to cost you about $40 a month to run. That Budget LED is more like $16. So that $15 difference in price is gone after just one month of use. And save $15 every month thereafter. (Note, based on 12¢/kWh.)

The king light uses Epistar LED's. They are low grade.

The Budget light uses top bin Samsung, Osram (deep reds), and LG (UV) chips.

Both lights are going to grow plants. So will many other lights. However, when you get down to the finer details, things get farther apart. Better components, less cost to run per month, and obviously grows the shit out of some plants. :D

Spending money like this is always a thing. All I'm suggesting is to be smart with it, and come out ahead. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I love debates! I paid $60 bucks for 2 old MH 300, they pull 100w at the wall. Thats $.30/w. The budget light costs $1.28 a watt. It's white not blurple, that's the only difference. I bought my VP Par450 for $121, it pulls 240. $.50/w. Grows great weed. Blurples are super cost effective.

Not knocking our sponsors, or the qb manufacturers, I own 3. But those costs are too high. I can do things way more efficiently. You can even buy a 250w qb with red and far red for way less than $322.

I have the money for new QB, but I am watching ebay and craigslist for blurples. I'll save money and still grow great weed. You wanna sell that Phizon? ;D

I love debates! I paid $60 bucks for 2 old MH 300, they pull 100w at the wall.

something is off there -- MH should pull actual advertised wattage - 300 w not 100 w, unless you are on a dimmer.

Old blurples, and they actually draw 130w now that I look back, so $.23/w

I still contend it's really not all about the lights. I'd grow fine weed with that Phizon....sorry Gixer.

MarsHydro-Mars300-LED-Grow-Light-with-VegBloom-Spectrum-for-Hydroponic-Indoor-GreenhouseGarden...jpg

lol - read MH to mean metal halide
Bahh sorry bluter yes I've done that before . One of the main reasons the manufacturers have gone to qb technology is many people hate the harsh lack of white. Blurples have all the spectrum necessary for great growing, and they don't waste energy trying to please your eyes. They just get the job done.

Old blurples, and they actually draw 130w now that I look back, so $.23/w

I still contend it's really not all about the lights. I'd grow fine weed with that Phizon....sorry Gixer.

MarsHydro-Mars300-LED-Grow-Light-with-VegBloom-Spectrum-for-Hydroponic-Indoor-GreenhouseGarden...jpg

can guarantee a light upgrade will help.

light is the one thing that can't be faked. even the best grower won't get very far under shit light. there are far more crap burple than good stuff left out there. for it's time mars was bout middle of the road.

i worked in led lighting. show production. we grew under show light well before there were commercial leds available. no chance burple has everything.

the reason the new tech is white is because it carries far more spectrum. it has been shown that all plants are using a broader range of the spectrum than previously thought.

burple targets very narrow parts of the spectrum. it is the furthest choice from daylight in lighting.

Your theories are fine, however I will defer to my results. I've run the same strains with the same nutes under both simultaneously and don't receive significant differences in results. I've run what you'd certainly consider "shit lights" at the same time and still don't see significant differences. I'm getting equal satisfying yields, and by your logic I shouldn't be.

I don't think it's about lights actually growing. Sure, we've all been there. I vegged and started flower on a solo female under a blurple (my "in case of emergency" light.) Pulls just under 300w from the wall. It was doing ok, and the plant was fine. However, it just didn't have the same oomph that the 250w Budget panel (swiped from one of my 4x4's that wasn't using it at that moment) that is over it now. Much, much improved PPFD, and lower wattage to boot.

It's also not just about upfront cost, either. It's long term, and quality of parts. Kinda boils down to where you want to spend your money; a little more up front, or a little more along the way.

For 250w in a 4x2 or 3x3, you can't beat it overall. You can in some places, but each has their drawback. For example, the 3x3 my GDP is in was running 9F warmer with the blurple light than it is now. Took a lot of exhaust to keep things in check, plus it was adding to the ambient room temp. So I had to keep that in check. Now I'm running the exhaust on 2 instead of 6, and not having an issue with ambient room temps (back down to 68F-70F, was running more 75Fish with that blurple in that tent.)

Then there is efficiency too. Better parts, more of the input energy turns into output energy instead of heat. Less power required to run the diodes as more of it is converted into usable light. Better diodes last longer, so less frequent replacement. Etc.

Mars lights can absolutely grow plants. King's can, phlizon can, as can many others. However, while the upfront cost is less, the overall cost over its lifespan will be more and it may take more than one light where a better quality light may need just one.

It really is all just give and take. People grow with little lamp bulbs too, but that doesn't mean it's going to be as good as it could be.

Really it's all about the amount of light the plant gets, and how even the coverage is. I've seen a lot of blurples that really diminish their footprint quickly as you lower them down. That was another issue I had with the backup light. At a good flowering height, it wasn't near big enough. I'd have needed 2 of them to do the job. Using that same one, would have meant almost 600w being used, and for what? Where is all that energy going from that 600w? Obviously not out the led's. Why can another light blow that tent up for less than half that? Now we're back to money up front, or along the way. For me, I'll pinch my pennies a little longer so that my monthly is less.

There is no way you are going to beat my cpw in up front or over time dollars, and we all get less coverage with less height. My 130w 300's still push 130 at 18" instead of 30". And it's not just about the ligth the plant gets. Its about good or shitty genetics, how you water it, what nutes you give it and when, how you prune it, when you flip it and when you cut it also.

Sure, there are several things that play into it. Light is one.

Not sure what you're getting at by saying your light uses the same wattage regardless of height. Doesn't seem relevant. I don't buy the over time part.

I'm not knocking your results, but when a QB can give me 1.95 grams per watt, even with autos, that isn't anything to sneeze at. That's not all light. It's also genetics, experience, etc.

I get it. You grow plants with cheap blurples and get a yield. Never a question about it. People do it every day. If you're happy with what you're doing, great!

There are places that can be improved, and light is one of them. Same for nutes, dirt, water, style, environment, etc. OP seems to want to take it to the next level with lighting. Neither of us would be doing anyone a favor without discussing options, and why something is an option.

Welp, gotta go. Things to do and all that.

I grabbed that Giixer light myself about 2 months ago. I wasnt going to use it for a main light but for seedlings and clones. It had smd chips so it produces white light not blurple. I wouldnt use it for anything more then rooting clones or starting seeds. Veg is out of the question and flower? lol I believe they are fairly new to the market though so maybe were see improvements on the Giixer. Right now I grow using only Mars-Hydro lights. I own 5 of them and absolutely love them. I am planning to add a new light and have been looking at another sponsor here...Budget LED. Seems like everyone is helping along though. good luck with your grow.

*note* if you are on a tight budget, the Giixer will maybe flower 1 plant but it wont be anything worth spending all that time on.

That Giixer now sits in a pile with my other LED units. Mars-Hydro 300w blurple, Viparspectra 300w blurple, Morsen 1000w blurple and a few other brands I cant even pronounce.

That Giixer now sits in a pile with my other LED units. Mars-Hydro 300w blurple, Viparspectra 300w blurple, Morsen 1000w blurple and a few other brands I cant even pronounce.

I'll buy them off ya :D

Giixer 1000w LED

Hey @djdmaze which one did you buy, the blurple or the full spectrum? I'm fixin to pick one up, I want to see what all the hubub is about.

Bahh sorry bluter yes I've done that before . One of the main reasons the manufacturers have gone to qb technology is many people hate the harsh lack of white. Blurples have all the spectrum necessary for great growing, and they don't waste energy trying to please your eyes. They just get the job done.
Do you think the 600w KingLED is overkill in the 4x2 as well? It's only gonna be half that for just the veg switch....I think I'm gonna experiment with both cob and blurple eventually...

I grabbed that Giixer light myself about 2 months ago. I wasnt going to use it for a main light but for seedlings and clones. It had smd chips so it produces white light not blurple. I wouldnt use it for anything more then rooting clones or starting seeds. Veg is out of the question and flower? lol I believe they are fairly new to the market though so maybe were see improvements on the Giixer. Right now I grow using only Mars-Hydro lights. I own 5 of them and absolutely love them. I am planning to add a new light and have been looking at another sponsor here...Budget LED. Seems like everyone is helping along though. good luck with your grow.

*note* if you are on a tight budget, the Giixer will maybe flower 1 plant but it wont be anything worth spending all that time on.
LOL Thank you, I made the mistake of being cheap and looking at "1000w" in the title. I always felt like the price was just too good to be true then I see the actual wattage. Silly mistake, now I am definitely interested in the Budget LED and higher watt Blurple.

Back
Top Bottom