Biological insect control instead of oils

Balance balance balance.. That’s the single most important thing when it comes to growing our way. If you ignore everything else but maintain your balance you’ll still shine.

This is why I have restarted my recycling. The original base mix I used became unbalanced because I misread a label on a calmag product. I threw it all out.. Well I put it outside in a quarantined area so the weather can wash it.. It should be okay for outdoor use in a season or two but it will never be used for my cannabis again.

Man she blew my mind the first time I watched her videos.. It was like she was unlocking knowledge I already had.. it all made so much sense and was so simple and so easy to see once she put words to it. It changed the very way I view the universe

Minute Pirate Bug (Orius insidiosus)

Orius insidiosus, also known as the insidiosus flower bug, is a versatile generalist predator and has a wide range of applications. Equipped with its piercing-sucking rostrum, Orius is used in dozens of agricultural crops, including ornamentals and fruiting vegetables.

Targets thrips (both adult and nymphs). Also aphids, whiteflies, mites and moth eggs.

This predatory minute pirate bug is equipped with piercing-sucking rostrum and two pairs of wings, the front pair being partially rigid. Omnivorous, it feeds on plant pollen, sap and a large variety of insect prey. The adult BioOrius female can lay between 150-200 eggs during her lifetime.

Establishes best in pollen-rich crops

Swirskii (Amblyseius swirskii)

Amblyseius swirskii is an efficient predatory mite used for the control of young stages of the western flower thrips as well as the eggs and young nymphs of white flies. It is a good option for thrips and whitefly management on many ornamental and vegetable crops. It also feeds on red spider mites as well as on broad mites.

Main targets are immature thrips (various species) and whitefly eggs and larvae. Also targets broad and cyclamen mites as well as pollen.

The mites are pale yellow to pale tan while their eggs are white and oval shaped.

Swirskii does not hibernate and develops will in warm, humid environments. Controls thrips at warmer temperatures than cucumeris mites.

I use rove beetle's and hypsis miles mites and nematodes in my worm bin and when I amend my soil the seem to transfer in my soil I've haven't bought rove beetles or any of the rest for a year now and I still see the beetles as well as the hypsis miles they live right with the worm's eat they decomposing material I put in there if there aren't any critters to attack! It work REALLY WELL!
I have yet to find a predator for ear wigs, damn things get up in the plants I found that out by getting pinched one time they try to get outta the rain then they just hang out because it's shaded I think they suck the moisture out of the transpiring plant but I'm not sure I've seen some damage but wasn't sure if it was from the ear wig's.
I use karanja oil to kill them or my fingers but I don't care for spraying oils it's to residual I have alot of benifcials around here because of the wild flower and things I got planted

I use rove beetle's and hypsis miles mites and nematodes in my worm bin and when I amend my soil the seem to transfer in my soil I've haven't bought rove beetles or any of the rest for a year now and I still see the beetles as well as the hypsis miles they live right with the worm's eat they decomposing material I put in there if there aren't any critters to attack! It work REALLY WELL!
I have yet to find a predator for ear wigs, damn things get up in the plants I found that out by getting pinched one time they try to get outta the rain then they just hang out because it's shaded I think they suck the moisture out of the transpiring plant but I'm not sure I've seen some damage but wasn't sure if it was from the ear wig's.
I use karanja oil to kill them or my fingers but I don't care for spraying oils it's to residual I have alot of benifcials around here because of the wild flower and things I got planted
I was trying for Mason bees in my bee house but instead ended up with parasitic wasps I guess that's ok to they'll eat The bad bugs to

IMG_20230629_134807.jpg

IMG_20230629_134409.jpg

Amblyseius andersoni is a predatory mite that feeds on small arthropod prey and pollen. Less than 0.04 in. in length, andersoni mites feed on small arthropod prey and pollen which allows their application before the pest arrival.

Main target pests: Two-spotted spider mite (Tetranychis uriricae) and other mites including European red, broad, cyclamen and russet mites. Additional targets are Western flower thrips.

Often used in tomatoes due to its ability to maneuver between trichomes. They are active across a wide temperature range, allowing for early season introduction into crops yet might enter diapause with cooler temperatures and short day lengths (<10 hr.).
I used some predatory mites against thrips 'Cucumeris'..they helped but didn't solve the issue.
At the time the veg tent was in my bedroom and those little mites would be marching across my laptop screen and tickling my feet- completely harmless, but they don't stay in their designated area {I assumed they might}.
Sadly in the end had to resort to Dynamec. {To kill thrips}

I used some predatory mites against thrips 'Cucumeris'..they helped but didn't solve the issue.
At the time the veg tent was in my bedroom and those little mites would be marching across my laptop screen and tickling my feet- completely harmless, but they don't stay in their designated area {I assumed they might}.
Sadly in the end had to resort to Dynamec. {To kill thrips}
Yeah mites are always looking for food like decomposing material so yeah they don't stay where you want them to although I use them in my worm bin and they stay put there plenty of food I use rove beetles for thrips and fungus gnats in my worn bin and indoor grow as well

I was so daft thinking they'd stay in their areas- For such tiny beings, they navigated heights with great determination, like a marching Army.

Pesticides are horrible- I tried so much 'Natural' stuff to get rid of thrips- it felt like a betrayal to buy pesticide.

Resistance is also a big problem with pesticides.

I don't see any thrips in my indoor or outdoor grow Im always looking and when I mix my soil I use my own worm castings I see the rove beetles in there because I put them in my worm bin but I haven't bought any rove beetkes since 2020 There so they reproduce in my bin and transfer from my worm bin to my pots they do a great job and something else to think about,take away the environment in your containers that thrips like and keep healthy plants the plants will help with their own defense ✌️

If you expand that picture that is a rove beetle with a fungus gnat in it's claws.
I seen it grab the fly Right out of the air in front of me it lited on my grow bed in my basement. It's got it on its back pinned like a 🦂 with it's legs.
I had just, skepticaly I might add, put 200 of them in there about an hr before and low and behold they were at work right away must have been hungry from the trip!
That was 3 years ago since then I have a population in my worm bin they like the same environment as my reds, so as I use my castings they make there way into my containers outside and in the bed they don't really fly much unless they are really hungry or after prey otherwise they eat the thrip and fungus gnat larvae larvae or compost.
They work hard for me!
IMG_20230406_153106.jpg

If you expand that picture that is a rove beetle with a fungus gnat in it's claws.
I seen it grab the fly Right out of the air in front of me it lited on my grow bed in my basement. It's got it on its back pinned like a 🦂 with it's legs.
I had just, skepticaly I might add, put 200 of them in there about an hr before and low and behold they were at work right away must have been hungry from the trip!
That was 3 years ago since then I have a population in my worm bin they like the same environment as my reds, so as I use my castings they make there way into my containers outside and in the bed they don't really fly much unless they are really hungry or after prey otherwise they eat the thrip and fungus gnat larvae larvae or compost.
They work hard for me!
IMG_20230406_153106.jpg
I wish I had a better camera on my phone but I have better things to invest in

Back
Top Bottom