BioStubs-1st Grow-Soil-OC+ Diamond Girl CFL's 7-4-2011

lookin hella good bro! just kicked mine into flower bout the same age and height as well.
goodluck bro cant wait to see dem frosty ass nugz!

Just read though your journal, We are on the same timeline. My girls are 8 weeks flowering. So we could be close on harvest.

I have like 6 other seeds to deal with, but I plan on buying some MW seeds and some AG seeds when these are done, of course i'll have to build a larger grow area :)

Well, yeah I'm guessing the OC+ is still active in the soil. I think there's maybe 3 tablespoons in each 2 gallon pot.

OC+ is the base nute. In addition I have been using 5ml of superthrive per 2 gallons of water every other watering now. H2O2 in the beginning of Veg.
I am currently adding 1/2 strength Cal/mg Per ------s recommendations.
Once they go into flowering I will start adding Snowstorm Ultra at 1/2 then 3/4 strength.

Thats all the nutes I plan on using unless the plants develop a problem. However they are really healthy and green and doing very well. I am very impressed with the results i'm getting with OC+. I don't think i'll ever grow anyway else besides soil and OC+. The fact that I don't really have to worry about nutes free's me to focus on environmental control.

I believe ------s rant about keeping it simple and growing the beloved cannabis plant like any other plant is nothing short of simple wisdom.

KISS, good model to follow. I believe my plants prove that. But we will see how the buds turn out. That will be the true test. But if DB's OC+ grow is any indicator I believe I will do ok. :)

Needless to say I highly recommend the OC+

Cheers.. Bio.

Hmm interesting. Again still haven't picked up my special order OC+, but currently I'm just using AN Micro/Gro/Bloom, and using roughly 1/4 TSP per 1/2 gal, seems to be OK, shes starting to work through her yellow tips, not NEAR as good lookin as your girls though ;D

Snagged some superthrive as well, just not 100% sure its purpose/when to use it. Any thoughts on molasses?

Hmm interesting. Again still haven't picked up my special order OC+, but currently I'm just using AN Micro/Gro/Bloom, and using roughly 1/4 TSP per 1/2 gal, seems to be OK, shes starting to work through her yellow tips, not NEAR as good lookin as your girls though ;D

Snagged some superthrive as well, just not 100% sure its purpose/when to use it. Any thoughts on molasses?

This is a copy and paste I found somewhere on the net. It was tacked onto the end of a long-ass post about Molasses. After some initial research into the main components of molasses I have to concur and will be buying some high quality corn syrup instead.

(quote)
Molasses for growing is only as good as the amount of readily and easily absorbale glucose it contains. Nearly all of the data concerning molasses is formed around human consumption and ingestion...plants however, are not people, and thus require a different standard.

Simply adding molasses to water is not enough. One must eliminate the risk of microscopic root hairs becoming clogged and sticky...which leads to lockout and or suffication of those hairs forcing a plant to develop new roots to compensate for the loss. (this is the part where someone screams about their positive results with molasses...and the part where I note that those results can be improved upon)

If brand X is merely adding molasses to the mix, then yes...that is a thing anyone can do at home. If however, they are further refining the molasses to make glucose aborbtion more efficient, that would justify the extra costs of brand X vs. off the shelf molasses.

Also, the amount of salts and or minerals in molasses is an approximation. Depending on the source of molasses as well as the refining technique used...makes for guess work as to what percentage of salts is present in a serving.

Skip the guess work...find a source of high fructose glucose that has been refined, such as corn syrup. It is a safer additive, it's glucose doesn't come with the risk of minerals binding to it...as well it offers the grower more control of what is actually being added to the grow medium.

Oh and I have completed a 36 hour dark period and flipped my girls to 12/12 and update with pictures will be coming soon. However I have to go clean my old apartment today :(
So the update will have to wait till later tonight or tomorrow.

Bio..

Bio:
Read through journal as a fellow first-timer and OC+ grower. Your plants look very healthy. Not to say you shouldn't add the other nutes, but check out my journal as I (along with many others, including some other growers who are no longer contributing to this site but have completed journals) used purely OC+. I ran into the same issue as well, very short and bushy plants. Tight nodes good but made it tough to manage. Just LST the crap out of it, that's what I did (along with topping as you did) and eventually as they grew taller they started to space out. I also hiked up my lights just for 4-5 days to force them to stretch a bit and that helps. Sure you saw how differently ppl feel on cutting fan leaves, so I didn't do that for a long time until a few weeks into flower which caused almost immediate growth of my popcorn below. Impressive DIY set-up as well man, wish I was handy like that! Good luck.

Bio:
Read through journal as a fellow first-timer and OC+ grower. Your plants look very healthy. Not to say you shouldn't add the other nutes, but check out my journal as I (along with many others, including some other growers who are no longer contributing to this site but have completed journals) used purely OC+. I ran into the same issue as well, very short and bushy plants. Tight nodes good but made it tough to manage. Just LST the crap out of it, that's what I did (along with topping as you did) and eventually as they grew taller they started to space out. I also hiked up my lights just for 4-5 days to force them to stretch a bit and that helps. Sure you saw how differently ppl feel on cutting fan leaves, so I didn't do that for a long time until a few weeks into flower which caused almost immediate growth of my popcorn below. Impressive DIY set-up as well man, wish I was handy like that! Good luck.

Thanks for checking out my journal man. Yeah I read alot of grows using the OC+ which is why I decided to use it. I am adding other nutes as enhancers so to speak. I thought about going the whole grow with just the OC+ but I believe you can improve on the size and quality of the buds with just a few things.

First is the snow storm, Its main ingredient is K or mono-potassium phosphate which is used in bulk by fruit farmers. It increases yield.

Second is Molasses. However I am using plain refined corn syrup. It adds sweetness and also has trace amounts of micro elements that help nutrients cleat for root uptake during flowering. It also helps create sticky fat buds increasing yeild once again.

Superthrive. Known root development additive. Healthy roots = a healthy plant.

I did raise my lights per your advice. Seemed to help them stretch a bit.

Thanks for the props on the cabinet. I appears to working very well. :)

Cheers Mate.. Bio.. :thumb:

Picture Update Day 2 Flower.

The girls where pulled from 36 hours of darkness at 5 am on the 19th of Aug. They looked like they grew 2 inches for sure during that time. I had to tie Elisha down again or more I should say. She's a wild one unlike the reserved Scarlett.

All the lights have been changed to 26 watt 2700's

Here's a few pic's and one more Pot Art Wallpaper. :)

Scarlett Side.
Scarlett_side_8_21_11.jpg

Scarlett Top.
Scarlett_top_8_21_11.jpg

Elisha Side.
Elisha_side_8_21_11.jpg

The Girls side by Side.
The_girls_8_21_11.jpg

A little Pot Art.
PotArt3.jpg

Can't wait to see some crystals forming :) Yummy...
Both plants have showed sex already. My ladies are indeed ladies after-all.

Laterz.. Bio..

Picture Update Day 7 Flower.

Day 7 of Flower

So the girls are doing well. Elisha continues to be a drama queen demanding my time and patience. Elisha is for sure a more Sativa pheno. After pulling them from the 36 hours of darkness they weren't taking much water for the first day. I went to work in the morning after doing a lift check and a finger wetness check and the soil appeared to be still wet so I didn't water.
However I came home from work and found Elisha's tops all drooped over and hanging. Whatever water was available they took it in a big hurry cause the pots felt super light. So I just ph'd some water and gave it to them. I propped Elisha's tops up with some copper wire. She was just being a brat I swear. Cause I removed the wire a half hour later and she was holding them up by herself.

They are stretching and currently drinking like a gallon of water every 2 days. It's causing me to fight humidity in the box.

The girls are still on the OC+
1 tsp of snowstorm ultra
1 tbs corn syrup
Light superthrive and H202
Cal/mg 5ml
Per 2 gallons of PH'd Tap water.

Ok.. here's some pics.
Elisha_side_8_26_11.jpg
Scarlett_side_8_26_11.jpg
Scarlett_top_8_26_11.jpg
Filling_the_box_day_7_flw.jpg

Thanks for looking.. Bio...

And then there was one.
Elisha Hermie'd on me and was culled today. :(

Lesson of the day.. Always double check your plants to see if they need water.

Lesson number 2.. Now that you have more space. Plan a bigger grow so that
you aren't spending a ton of money to grow one plant.

I ordered 4 3.5 gallon air pots today. A new grow area is in the works for this winter. :)

Wow that sucks.. they were looking great manne.. just next time ya wanna get some female clones of your diamond "girl" strain..or some fem seeds to get ya the buds ya want..

Good luck on the next round dude.. when ya bitch pops balls its horrid it happened to me on my biggest most lush plants leaving me to have to flower the younger genetics the boys were almost 2 months veg and had all the attention..:Namaste:

Btw nothing ya did made them have balls dude they looked perfect.. they were boys since the time they cracked out the shell..

Bio dude, that so sucks bud. Sorry to hear about that. I might still have that happen with my PK's, since 2 other people that got them when i did both had one herm. Mine havent yet and the one has been in bud for over 30 days. Wish you well on the next start.

If you are growing from seed rather than clone, you can just veg/LST bend the seedlings till they are about 6-7 weeks old then you should be able to sex them, once they have done alternating leaf nodes for 3-4 nodes, they should start popping pre-flowers where the fan leaves come off the main stem. You can sex em then. or do the clone thing, but clones sometimes will just do that to you.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

:sorry: for the problems with your grow.

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom