BioStubs-1st Grow-Soil-OC+ Diamond Girl CFL's 7-4-2011

Howdy BioStub,

your little ladies are looking awesome. Wonderful bushiness and great color. Docbud is the on ask on the OC + questions. pop on his latest thread and pick his brain or if you have enough replies, shoot him a PM> He is awesome.

I am subbed for your 1st experiment. Lots of luck sir!!

:bravo: cool photoshop

Thanks man, :)

Howdy BioStub,

your little ladies are looking awesome. Wonderful bushiness and great color. Docbud is the on ask on the OC + questions. pop on his latest thread and pick his brain or if you have enough replies, shoot him a PM> He is awesome.

Thanks and Welcome aboard my little shop of horrors Cryodude. They seem to be doing quite well except My one girl has some browning spots on her lower leaves.

I read DocBuds whole journal when he first started using the OC+, Made me a believer :) I've watched his grow and gotten alot of good info. I agree he is awesome.

Of course your no slouch yourself. I was so jealous of your plants when I saw them. I wish I had place to grow outdoors. But I guess i'm making due with the space I have :)

Thanks for checking out my grow. Always nice to have an old pro along for the ride. I'm sure i'll have some questions soon. :)

Bio...

Np Bio, only thing, old yeah, a pro, not anymore, maybe after i this grow done outside and a few indoor under my belt again, i'll be a lot more comfortable. It is coming back, but lots of new stuff has happened. Just keep on those little girls... don't get carried away, everything in moderation or less at first. find the limits and play ball!

Just keep on those little girls... don't get carried away, everything in moderation or less at first. find the limits and play ball!

Very good advice and sound life advice also. It's true that you can learn a lot from different things in life. I'd call myself a fairly patient person, but growing the mj has shown I could use a bit more.

Also while type A personalities may thrive IRL it can be a detriment to growing as to much mucking around can be bad thing. I have found myself obsessing over the smallest thing. come to find out the plants just shrug certain things off and keep growing despite me LOL.

Day 34 Veg Picture Update.

Plants are doing very well. Watering schedule has not increased. Still flood watering every 3 days. Each time they get a ph'd water misting to point of dripping and then allowed to dry out with the fan on them and the light up.

The topping has caused massive under growth. I have continued to tie them down and let the littler potential cola branches get light.

Elisha has formed a main cola branch that split and now has 2 cola sites. Giving her 7 main cola sites.

Question? Can I trim the fan leaves some to get more light into the canopy, these girls are so bushy its unreal. If so what leaves do I trim and how much?
I feel like this really needs to be done.

I will moved into a new place after next weekend and plan on building the scrog screen then and the diy CO2. The I figure 1 or 2 more weeks to completely fill the screen and then flip the switch.

Any comments are welcome.

And here are the pictures.

Filling_the_cab_nicely.jpg
Scarlett_side_8_10_11.jpg
Scarlett_top_8_10_11.jpg
Elisha_side_8_10_11.jpg
Elisha_top_8_10_11.jpg

And more Pot Art by BioStub
PotArt_2.jpg

Bio, they are looking beautiful and bushy as hell. How long are you going to veg?? as i recall, your space is 22" deep by 28" wide right? you getting ready to flip em or trying to get them to go out wider a bit? they are going to make some truly outstanding bushes!

Bio, they are looking beautiful and bushy as hell. How long are you going to veg?? as i recall, your space is 22" deep by 28" wide right? you getting ready to flip em or trying to get them to go out wider a bit? they are going to make some truly outstanding bushes!

Yeah they are bushy lol.. to damn bushy. Well I was originally going to veg 6 weeks. I'm moving from a 1 br apt to a 2 br duplex. The new landlady is dragging her feet on the lease. I was supposed to be in this week. but it looks like it's gonna be next week.

Yeah the cab is just that 22 X 28 kinda small. My new place is gonna have lots of space though :)

Needless to say I can't scrog them until I move because I have to dis-mantel the vault and move the plants in stealth. So I guess they will have to go at least 2 more weeks so I can train them into the scrog once i'm moved.

Then its flip the switch. LOL I am really getting impatient.. I can't wait to flip them and see what kind of colas i'm gonna get. They are busting the restraints practically with the strength of their branches. I've had to readjust the tie downs twice now. Should pretty much fill the cab when I flip them.

I didn't know you had an indoor grow going to. Your a busy fellow lol. I read the indoor grow last night. Girls are looking good. I'll be stopping by to see if you fix the yellowing problem. I'm curious as to what the problem is. Did you consult DocBud. I'd bet he has a good answer to the problem.

Bio..

Yeah they are bushy lol.. to damn bushy. Well I was originally going to veg 6 weeks. I'm moving from a 1 br apt to a 2 br duplex. The new landlady is dragging her feet on the lease. I was supposed to be in this week. but it looks like it's gonna be next week.

Yeah the cab is just that 22 X 28 kinda small. My new place is gonna have lots of space though :)

Needless to say I can't scrog them until I move because I have to dis-mantel the vault and move the plants in stealth. So I guess they will have to go at least 2 more weeks so I can train them into the scrog once i'm moved.

Then its flip the switch. LOL I am really getting impatient.. I can't wait to flip them and see what kind of colas i'm gonna get. They are busting the restraints practically with the strength of their branches. I've had to readjust the tie downs twice now. Should pretty much fill the cab when I flip them.

I didn't know you had an indoor grow going to. Your a busy fellow lol. I read the indoor grow last night. Girls are looking good. I'll be stopping by to see if you fix the yellowing problem. I'm curious as to what the problem is. Did you consult DocBud. I'd bet he has a good answer to the problem.

Bio..

Yeah, i have my little indoor thing going on too. Seems the problem is iron/zinc-sulphur, so i need to do a spray on them for a few waterings.

Howdy BioStub,

Ya, Im jealous of the bushiness!

Day 41 Of Veg

Oy.. well. I'm moved into a new apt, actually a duplex :) yay much more space. Hence I haven't given a recent update because of that. But Things have settled down and i'm back online.

Wow what an ordeal moving my vault and the girls. Tricky to say the least. It appears these plants of mine can handle anything. I ended up having to box them and then set them in indirect sunlight until I could get the vault up and running again.

All is well.. :cheer:

OK so I trimmed a bunch of lower fan leaves. The top responded by going BOOM here I am. I took pictures of the trim job but i'm just to lazy to resize them and all that after my move. Haven't had a free minute the last week.
The trim was like hmmm last week before the move.

Anyway. I think they are past the phase where I can scrog them. So I plan on flipping the switch in the next couple days to 12/12 :)

First, I got these 2 brand new 100 watt hps lights. I'm trying to figure out weather or not I want to use them or just stay with the many 2700 26watt cfls I bought for flowering.

I also bought a massive fan and reconfigured my venting. It makes it possible to run the hps lights if I choose. I can vent the lights thru my filter set up. I will post pictures in the coming days. Your gonna like this. :)

Ok on to a few pictures.

This is a pic of Elisha after a heavy rainfall in the sink :)
Hosed_down.jpg

The Girls Day 41 Of Veg. Together.
The_girls_day41.jpg

.Top Pics, Scarlett and then Elisha.
Scarlett_day_41.jpg

Elisha_day_41.jpg

Cheers.. Bio..

Oh question? Can I go 18 hours of dark before going 12/12?
Are there any general rules when flipping the switch?

Oh and I got some snowstorm ultra.

Laterz.. :yahoo:

Hey Bio, looking good, survived the move and everything. the dark period wouldn't hurt, although generally, its 24 hours off, sometimes peeps go 48 as well. But shutting the light off for a full day is supposed to get the hormones moving within the plant to get it to start flowering.

Also, it looks like you stilll have room for your screen. PLants are what , around 10-12 inches high?

Wow man, lookin awesome.

Thanks Bro.. :)

Hey Bio, looking good, survived the move and everything. the dark period wouldn't hurt, although generally, its 24 hours off, sometimes peeps go 48 as well. But shutting the light off for a full day is supposed to get the hormones moving within the plant to get it to start flowering.

Also, it looks like you stilll have room for your screen. PLants are what , around 10-12 inches high?

Thanks Cyro.

I'm undecided on what time of day I want to run the lights on 12/12. I just unplugged the lights this morning before they came on and covered the vault with I blanket. So right now they have been in the dark 15 hours or so.

Yeah they are like 10/11 inches high and being tied down harshly to keep them from getting any taller. I never got a chance to make the scrog screen so I think i'm just gonna let them go. If I have to manipulate them to keep them from growing to tall then I'll deal with it. Hopefully being topped the way I did it, they won't get that tall. From the way they look, It appears that the colas are gonna slam right out of the current growth. The potential cola sites are covered in pre-flowers.

We will see. should get exciting soon.. LOL..

Still on just OC+??

I keep forgetting to pick mine up haha. I think either for my next grow (freebies; purp haze and gigabud) Ill try that, or else I have some bagseed to try it on.

Well, yeah I'm guessing the OC+ is still active in the soil. I think there's maybe 3 tablespoons in each 2 gallon pot.

OC+ is the base nute. In addition I have been using 5ml of superthrive per 2 gallons of water every other watering now. H2O2 in the beginning of Veg.
I am currently adding 1/2 strength Cal/mg Per ------s recommendations.
Once they go into flowering I will start adding Snowstorm Ultra at 1/2 then 3/4 strength.

Thats all the nutes I plan on using unless the plants develop a problem. However they are really healthy and green and doing very well. I am very impressed with the results i'm getting with OC+. I don't think i'll ever grow anyway else besides soil and OC+. The fact that I don't really have to worry about nutes free's me to focus on environmental control.

I believe ------s rant about keeping it simple and growing the beloved cannabis plant like any other plant is nothing short of simple wisdom.

KISS, good model to follow. I believe my plants prove that. But we will see how the buds turn out. That will be the true test. But if DB's OC+ grow is any indicator I believe I will do ok. :)

Needless to say I highly recommend the OC+

Cheers.. Bio.

lookin hella good bro! just kicked mine into flower bout the same age and height as well.
goodluck bro cant wait to see dem frosty ass nugz!

Back
Top Bottom