Bit of a drying issue

Going to be leaving in three days on a out of town trip (Fri-Mon). Two days ago, Sunday, I had to chop a Do Si DO about week early when I found some minor bud rot. It's been hanging in the garage with the fan leaves still on it since then. I have another one that I plan to chop early Friday right before I leave. I don't want the first plant to over dry, so here is my plan: After I chop the second plant I'm gonna hang them both in the tent. The RH in the garage/tent right now and in the foreseable future is going to be in the 30-40% range. So to slow the process, particulalry on the first plant, I'm going to fill up the four 20" drip trays with water, turn off the lights and hang the plants in the tent. I'll have the fans set to come on about every 4 or 6 hours for about 30 minutes. Think this will keep everybody happy?

Cut out the bud rot or it will spread during the drying process. I take off all the fan leaves at hang time that helps the air flow. For fan just turn one fan on and leave it on all you need is some air movement - no need to point it at the plants just move the air in the room.

I personally just hang my plants in a somewhat dark room with a small fan dont worry too much about the Rh - if its lowish then less hang time. A few days away wont make much difference.

Back
Top Bottom