Blue Lotus

David Bowman

A few weeks ago, I purchased some Blue Lotus from Nature's Spirit in Leadville, Colorado. While taking a break from Easy Rider, I decided to try this new-to-me strain.

Color is mostly green with very little other coloration. I do not know if this is strain dependent or due to some other factor(s). The smell is very earthy, musky and robust. The buds started to dry out so I placed the Blue Lotus into a glass mason jar with a Boveda 62% Humidipak to bring the buds back to a proper humidity level. This helped a little bit but I still had some of the smaller buds crumble when I was grinding them up for vaping.

There is a strong cool menthol/minty taste when vaping and it is a relatively smooth draw but not as smooth as Easy Rider. This strain makes me cough more than does Easy Rider. The high is immediate and strong with a good buzzy/heady high. However, this strain definitely has more couch-lock like effects than Easy Rider and I fell asleep more easily/often on this strain. The high lasts for a few hours and after a while it has a dizzying affect on me that while it wasn't unpleasant, was a little unusual for me to experience with cannabis.

I'm undecided as to whether I will purchase this strain again. I might after I've tried some of the other strains available at this dispensary.

Back
Top Bottom