Blue Dream

026282.JPG
blue dream day 57
025297.JPG
blue dream day 57
from what I understand about the blue dreams out there ,is that there are two main phenotypes goin around one sativa dominant,and one indica dominant.most of what we see in dispensarys is the indica dominant .it is super vigorus and damn near immune to powdery mildew.it has tight internode spacing and u can yield crazy with this pheno (grown properly with super cropping or any other technique to get the side shoots up level with canopy).a lot of people prefer b.d. for its functional med qualitys.all in all I will keep mine forever.

Spot on! Correct on the two main phenotypes. 70/30 strain and the 50/50 strain. Both are heavy producers and easy to grow, and great smoke/vape/oil. Its making a huge comeback, again, lol. The past two years I have gone through a boatload of strains making concentrates and B.D. is still what I prefer. I use both cuts depending on what CBD strain I'm blending. If the CBD strain is grown for max CBD's (full term) I will use the 70/30 strain. If the CBD strain is harvested mid-term then I blend it with the 50/50 strain. Your last sentence are my thoughts. Nice grow Brother! Hail the B.D. :high-five: By the way did you use CO2? Peace

026282.JPG
blue dream day 57
025297.JPG
blue dream day 57
from what I understand about the blue dreams out there ,is that there are two main phenotypes goin around one sativa dominant,and one indica dominant.most of what we see in dispensarys is the indica dominant .it is super vigorus and damn near immune to powdery mildew.it has tight internode spacing and u can yield crazy with this pheno (grown properly with super cropping or any other technique to get the side shoots up level with canopy).a lot of people prefer b.d. for its functional med qualitys.all in all I will keep mine forever.

yes I used co2.she was grown in coco.what days have u experienced being the best harvest time for the indica pheno ,I like it when it is just 80 % milky ,no amber.she seems to get real heavy stone when cured for 60 plus days.if I go past 80% milky after cure she loses her aromas and terpene profile drastically.thank u for ur comments

Thanks for the info. I have only grown the 70/30 cut and I started the pre-harvest flush when the trich's were 60/40 clear/milky. It was 'racy' but that was the purpose. A Bud grows the Indica cut, he told me he harvested at 50/50 clear/milky. Its a nice vape, body relaxed with 'chill head'. I cured some of my BD for 6 months (you want to bogart fine herb like this) and it was some of, if not the smoothest inhale ever for me (flower vape) and the tastiest also. Even if outside and walking into a room where BD was smoked the smell alone tells you their is some primo around. I've since tried 'Beyond Blue Dream' and other varieties crossed with Blue Dream but to me nothing matches these two cuts. I hope they don't start with more cuts of Blue Dream, these two are perfect in my opinion. Keep growing this Brother! Only two strains I grow with amber trich's showing, Harlequin and Master Kush max CBD's and max down which are my go to pain meds and sleep meds :allgood: These are my go to concentrates and make some outstanding meds and can tailor make to suit anyones system type. Thanks for your grow info. What Nuits were you using? Thanks

i used so many different additives, mostly organic stuff but the base nutes was advanced nutes coco sensi a and b.on the blue dream i don't have to p.h. the solutions either ,she does what she wants with them.as long as i give her a buffet of different sources of food she does great.
I just picked up rich blessing(Bodhi seeds)clones and was wandering if u have ever heard anything on this strain as it is a high cbd.coming in at 12-13 % thc and 4-6% cbd .i am just know flowering them. i test at iron labs ,i will let u know what she comes in at when finished

I have no info on rich blessing. In my area I've been using Harlequin for my CBD producer. Also access to Harli-Tsu 20-1 cbd/thc. I just yanked 20 of those (hermies) I was totally bummed. Vigorous growing for sure. Growing a high CBD strain always go full term and even past to maximize CBN/CBD with no concern for THC. I blend these with a high THC like your Blue Dream. Apologies, most of my info on growing is always leaning towards making concentrated oil. Many differences in growing. I use three types of strains for my meds. The easiest of course is a high potent THC strain (normally Sativa dominant hybrid like your Blue Dream, your cut is a true 50/50 but harvested at peak THC still leans slightly on the Sativa side). The hard strains to get are the high CBD strains and a 90% Indica strain grown properly. I grow the hard to get ones like Harlequin/Harli-Tsu and Master Kush. Both of these go full term and as mentioned THC isn't a thought. Max CBD and max couch-lock for the Indica is. These three strains are the magic healers when made into concentrated oil (flowers only). Blend the high Sativa dominant THC strain with the CBD strain for 'daytime' oil (2-1 thc/cbd and the couch-lock Indica for nighttime sleep. This blend of oil for daytime and the Indica at night will cure any ailment I've came across. I'm telling you things I'm sure you know but it has taken me a couple of years just to get the strains grown correctly. No way I can keep up growing for all I need and rely heavily on my friends who grow correctly for the concentrates. Judging off your BD pics you're an accomplished grower. The world needs good meds, grown correctly. Oil taken properly in many ways is complete opposite of smoking/vaping/digesting. An example; daytime oil grown properly you will be bright eyed and bushy tailed with a chore list that is never to big. Blended with the high CBD strain you remain pain free and no inflammation. Nighttime rolls up and you're ready for REM sleep with Indica. Late stage cancer folks need nutrition (munchies) through the day? Simply take a small amount of Indica and you have an increased appetite and 'chill' for a nap. Sorry for the ramble, but so many people who are ill need good meds, correct blends and proper strain selection. Of course they don't have to be these specific strains. But they do need to be those type. OG's? Kind of a no-mans strains when it comes to oil. Indica dominant isn't conducive for use during the day unless confined to a bed and even then, depression sets in. The OG's have too much Sativa to go to sleep and you will be scanning channels to the wee hours in the a.m. I always encourage elite growers to learn about the concentrates on how they work (not to mention great health) so they know how to grow for the concentrates. Keep that Blue Dream going! Looks like its clocking in about 24% maybe 1-1.5 % CBD going off your trich's. Judging from the trich's probably around 4.5 gram pull per ounce (Cannabis concentrated Oil/RSO). Your Blue Dream vaped will be extraordinaire. Sorry you asked about the cbd strain :)

i used so many different additives, mostly organic stuff but the base nutes was advanced nutes coco sensi a and b.on the blue dream i don't have to p.h. the solutions either ,she does what she wants with them.as long as i give her a buffet of different sources of food she does great.
I just picked up rich blessing(Bodhi seeds)clones and was wandering if u have ever heard anything on this strain as it is a high cbd.coming in at 12-13 % thc and 4-6% cbd .i am just know flowering them. i test at iron labs ,i will let u know what she comes in at when finished

I am an accomplished grower and I know it,i have been doin it for well over 15 yrs.but I come here to learn still.your method of ingestion (tacking)is new to me and very interesting.and your method of mixing strains to get a desirable effect is genius.i am following all ur threads at the moment .i really like to help people with what i can do ,but i don't think i help the people who really need it(like cancer patients or anyone with a life debilitating problem)like i should .i cant find those people in my state,as i am some what a hermit.i have made it before- rso -but could find no takers.if any one could help to introduce me to people who need it, i would love it.thank u 420 motoco for all ur info and rambling lol.u are one of the few folks out there that i think is here to help others.

and spot on with the blue dream she came in at 23.6 % and 1.3 %.man u have an eye for this

i hate to waste ur time ,but where did you get your master kush from.i have grown her before and absolutely loved its characteristics.i lost her do to mislabeling clones.

i know this is the wrong place to ask this but i cant pm anyone yet,420 motoco where did you get your masterkush.i have grown her before but lost her do to mislabeling clones.and do you prefer the master kush over other strains ,to make your oil ,or would you have another strain if you could get it.i have a critical mass pheno that at day 55 harvest and 60 day cure will come in at 19%thc and 2.7%cbd.do you think that she would be a good canadiate for my high cbd strain,to use in rso

and spot on with the blue dream she came in at 23.6 % and 1.3 %.man u have an eye for this

LOL, my eyes spotted use of C02. You're explanation of the trich's and you're growing experience gave me the percentages. My knowledge was expedited from use of the concentrate. I only have 3 grow's under my belt in a two year period (I would love to grow more, but, helping others I have limited time. Please check your PM. We can be of great service to each other. Barter trade secrets if you will. The medical side of our 'fine' herb will fascinate you Brother! The concentrate used correctly will blow your socks off! Simply start off with family members and friends, everyone has ailments of some sort. You have to have 50 post to respond to a PM.
Peace,
Motoco

A little story of Blue Dream
I Live just a few miles form where Blue Dream originated and I'm very familiar with it and growing it. Blue Dream is a cross of Santa Cruz Haze (pure Sativa) and Blueberry. The original Haze we are so familiar with was developed in Santa Cruz by ....you guessed it...Joe Haze. Going back over 40 years I can tell you that Haze was the Original Cannabis Sativa (We called it Sensimilla!) back when the only other choices were Acapulco Gold with seeds, Panama Red with seeds, the original Columbian no seeds, and an occasional Thai stick. Haze was the original seedless bud. Also from California comes Blueberry which was a cross of Thai sativa and Afghani Indica. However now adays you can find indica dominant blueberry or sativa dominant. If you are looking for the closest thing to the original Blue Dream, get your clones from CA and shoot for the Sativa dominant strain. It's a real mellow smoke on the lungs and throat and the high will last about 2 hours but being a sativa high, it's energetic and very trippy.

Great info! Totally had flash backs what was going around back then. When the Thai was around I would stock up. The Gold was a great 'get out and do something with a smile herb'. Couch-lock Panama Red :)Great read!

A little story of Blue Dream
I Live just a few miles form where Blue Dream originated and I'm very familiar with it and growing it. Blue Dream is a cross of Santa Cruz Haze (pure Sativa) and Blueberry. The original Haze we are so familiar with was developed in Santa Cruz by ....you guessed it...Joe Haze. Going back over 40 years I can tell you that Haze was the Original Cannabis Sativa (We called it Sensimilla!) back when the only other choices were Acapulco Gold with seeds, Panama Red with seeds, the original Columbian no seeds, and an occasional Thai stick. Haze was the original seedless bud. Also from California comes Blueberry which was a cross of Thai sativa and Afghani Indica. However now adays you can find indica dominant blueberry or sativa dominant. If you are looking for the closest thing to the original Blue Dream, get your clones from CA and shoot for the Sativa dominant strain. It's a real mellow smoke on the lungs and throat and the high will last about 2 hours but being a sativa high, it's energetic and very trippy.

Matter of fact yes! I had some for about a month (hoarded). A really deep earthy smell like it was grown in clay or something, lol. Impossible to break down using your fingers, lol. Scissors or the steel pipe was the only options. I always coughed my arse off a hit, the smoke expanded so much, then started looking for a box of twinkies, lol. I was curious why it never came back around. Everything else going around then was not even close to the 'goo' resins it had, especially back then. Closest I've came across was fresh Thai sticks (the real deal opinionated-in a bundle of 20-25). Funny, I actually had a dream last night cleaning some 'gold' using a shoebox lid, zig-zag lid, getting the seeds out, scrape it up and watch the seeds roll down, repeat, repeat,hahaha. Then the colored kilos' started flowing in, dirt weed with paraquat. I use to get some nice switches from Manhattan Beach back in the day. White trash bag with a pound of 'switches'. Michmican (spell check). They sure had some good "L" going around back then also by way of Berkeley, pure, before they started cutting it with strychnine for a faster peak. I scoured the area for primo back then and still do today if not growing. I actually 'flushed' lbs of moldy crap instead of passing it on :). What a time back then, still wonder how I made it through. Oh, and the tunes back then, waking up to Hendrix or Zepplin, long hair, bell bottoms, hahaha. Throw in some Uriah Heep, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd. Now its modern country, what! Lol Best of times Brother!

Hey Motoco. Do you remember the original Columbian? It was black and gooey but never to be seen again.

get-attachment_2_copy.jpg

I took this pic two days ago. Its Blue Dream 70/30 cut. Seeing if I could do two ounces of Blue Dream with 750ML of carrier. I used 100% ethyl alcohol as my carrier. The flowers are in a mixing picture ready to get washed. The pull was the same if I would of used more. The trick was just enough to get the bud wet. Quickly making a mush while breaking down the flowers. Added 1/3 of the bottle, stirred and mashed, then strained while pouring into the filters. Did a quick second one and used all the remaining carrier except approximately 2 ounces which was saved after the cookdown. After pouring the cooked down oil into the SS measuring cup I then added the 2 ounces of carrier into the cookdown device, stirred well with a silicone spatula to get the rest of the oil out of the cooker and poured that into the SS measuring cup also to start the decarboxylation process. This tested 26. 5 THC and .02 CBD which was perfect for max THC, the intended purpose. On this run I added already made Harlequin. The pull was a tad over 9 grams of concentrate (BD) which averaged 4.5 grams per ounce, the norm for high grade flowers. Blue Dream makes such a great daytime oil, not to mention a great flower for all uses except sleep.

Back
Top Bottom