Tangerine Dream

At least some of the problem is that these troublesome strains are tropical sativa types. One would expect that growth, nutrition, and flowering are very, very different compared to the indica strains that most people grow. Having had some of the legendary acapolco gold when I was a weeee laddie, I am also looking for the magical sativa buzz from the indica-acting plant, and am open to any suggestions!!

Just sayin'.

:peace:

N

At least some of the problem is that these troublesome strains are tropical sativa types. One would expect that growth, nutrition, and flowering are very, very different compared to the indica strains that most people grow. Having had some of the legendary acapolco gold when I was a weeee laddie, I am also looking for the magical sativa buzz from the indica-acting plant, and am open to any suggestions!!

Just sayin'.

:peace:

N

I've got one suggestion. Not the modern day Acapulco Gold. It'll get you a buzz, but you won't find yourself diving for a pen to write home about it. I picked a few lower popcorn buds off my Panama and Wild Thailand plants when I thinned the bottoms out yesterday, dried and smoked them, and they both had a little hair on their a$$. I'm a hard critic too, so that's saying something.

Thx, PC. I'll keep far away from that, just like I'll probably avoid hitting my indoor-growing head against any real sativa land-race types- just don't have 18 months and 20 foot high ceilings!!

So far the best I've come up with is some of the Kalis and Skunks. The best I've had was a home-made hybrid of Durban-Thai Highflyer (Durban Poison x Thai, from the Super Sativa Seed Club in Amersterdam in the late 80's) x some kinda bagseed, damn near impossible to clone hashy indica, we guessed NL#1 but really have no idea (I have never heard that NL1 was hard to clone!) It traveled west with a couple compatriots and was lost in the fullness of time. Grew well indoors and out, good yields, really nice citrus-y smell, and great, super potent, really up buzz, and smooooooth smoke.

Flowering : Day 35 (mostly Tangerine Dream w/Big Bang Auto; BBA being darker green)
002776.JPG

Sorry about the pic quality and the mess..... :)

Anyone finish a good grow of Tangerine Dream?:420:

I've had mixed results with this strain. It is very very finicky, to the point where I cannot diagnose the deficiency. I am almost leaning toward a manganese deficiency, as crazy as that sounds.
It took 14 solid weeks of 12/12, but the results were not bad. I yielded a little over 3 oz in a single plant, that I started flowering at about 28 inches tall. I've allowed over a dozen patients sample it, and none were dissappointed. The taste was pungeunt tangerine, the color and smell did not let me down, although the buds were a bit whispy. I solved that by vacuum sealing it for about 10 minutes, then letting it out to finish the cure.

Overall opinion:
It is a strain that requires an above average grower to bring out it's full potential. I personally have grown for nearly a decade, and this strain was the most challenging yet. I am still undecided on whether or not it was worth it.

I got a couple TD seeds last month that I was gonna use for my next round but after reading this thread I think I may find something else. My space is just too small.

I got a couple TD seeds last month that I was gonna use for my next round but after reading this thread I think I may find something else. My space is just too small.

I messed up and didn't top these because the seedbank websites say it is a medium height strain. That's why I had problems. If you top the plant right you should be okay. Here's a bud pic of this grow I'm doing now.
003746.JPG

Love the colors in the pic, PotChimp! TD is looking healthy. The seed's description is just an outline. The grow environment can change that, or the genetic itself can be different (unstable, too many variations), or both. Keep going it looks good much better than mine when I ran it a few cycle ago. It's a Sativa so once she finish it'll be worth it. Looking forward to weekly updates on this.

Love the colors in the pic, PotChimp! TD is looking healthy. The seed's description is just an outline. The grow environment can change that, or the genetic itself can be different (unstable, too many variations), or both. Keep going it looks good much better than mine when I ran it a few cycle ago. It's a Sativa so once she finish it'll be worth it. Looking forward to weekly updates on this.

Here's my take on it, Twelve12. One of the grow bibles says that longer dark periods induce faster flowering. I think I may have had a problem to begin with using this 300 watt setup for Sativas. Maybe the plant senses the same thing with less lumens coming down on it that it senses with longer dark periods. Maybe it hastens flowering because it "thinks" Winter is coming sooner under both conditions (I don't get a lot of time to read and do the research that I need to do so I'm not sure). All my older leaves are yellow and falling off. The new ones near the buds are healthy, but yellow quick. The plants have slowed or stopped taking up water and nutes. They are 8 weeks and a day into 12/12, then 11/13, and just yesterday down to 10/14. I'm going to check them tonight with a magnifier. They look really close.
Thanks for the help, Twelve12.
:420:

Did you all order the feminized seeds? I did.3/5 germinated.

I bet they F2'd and are hit or miss. We are talking hybrid of hybrid here. I personally am really surprised that we haven't been experiencing this more with the 'breeds' that are being produced. The low germination is a tell-tale sign... with hearty hyb's (those taken from a pair of genetically strong strains) you would see at least very minimum 4 out of 5 and more likely all germinate. So just from what I see written here and the plant info, I think it is a bad hyb that is a dead end and will throw dead heads. Boutique weed is not what we need, what we need is strong weed with good genetics and not inbred. @Flipper, how did the seeds turn out? Inquiring minds want to know... (just to see if I hit the mark with my armchair expertise...) :cheer::Namaste:

Well I feel better after reading this thread....... I'm on my third generation of T.D. and.am batting .250.
This strain is super temp and mute sensitive! I'm now using biocanna line and all their additives at 2/3 strengh. I'm a month into flower and so far I feel ok about this.run. I've been keeping.my temps 72-78 day and 65-68 night.with 40% humidity. Also I've really been spending time daily to adjust and.rotate...... I'll get.up sin picks...

JBC420,
How many more weeks do you guess for your TD? With mine, the large leaves have been yellowing and most of the hairs are red. It just doesnt have that frosted look I've seen in other posts.

JBC420,
How many more weeks do you guess for your TD? With mine, the large leaves have been yellowing and most of the hairs are red. It just doesnt have that frosted look I've seen in other posts.

Hi Fingerlid, welcome to :420:
Maybe 2 week, we'l see. Maybe if yours is yellowing with flush and the hairs red then maybe it time to chop. Go by the tric colour so you can choose how the weed works.
Yeah mine not mega frosty compared to some i've had. Smells the bomb though!!:peace:

Back
Top Bottom