Feels Like I'm In A Tangerine Dream - 2022 Grow

Thanks for the lower light pics. It's looking more like a magnesium deficiency with the yellowing and the spots. Epsom salts can help with that if you have any around. 5g/gallon will give you 34ppm, which should be fine if there isn't much in your dry nutes.

If you would rather go with a cal-mag product that would be okay too, though they tend to be heavier in the Ca than the Mg.

Epsom salts can help with that if you have any around. 5g/gallon will give you 34ppm, which should be fine if there isn't much in your dry nutes.

If you would rather go with a cal-mag product that would be okay too, though they tend to be heavier in the Ca than the Mg.
I'm not sure how much Mg is in my nutes, I have searched for the numbers online and unfortunately all that's listed are the NPK and ingredients.

20220922_215155.jpg

I have been feeding every 9 days and giving her full strength calmag. I had to buy new calmag at the start of this grow, and the hydro store stopped carrying the brand I was using. I realized when comparing the labels of the new and old calmag, the new stuff only has 1/2 as much Ca & Mg as the old stuff... I guess that's why it was half the price.:laughtwo:

The various spots and yellowing are still going on. She crept up to 14" from the light again, and these marks appeared the next morning. These are two big fan leaves that are closest to the light.
20220921_211339.jpg

So yeah, that's ugly.😬 However, backing her up from the light is making her stretchy. She is 21 inches tall today. I turned the light intensity down to 75% which is only 20,000 lux. That seems low? But I guess I need to back her up more.

She also has more prominent yellowing inside the leaf margins.
20220922_101955.jpg

So, anyway, now that the ugly is out of the way, here's some full bod shots of my girl.

20220922_152306.jpg

20220922_224308.jpg

(Sorry about the red light reflecting from my other tent, I forgot to turn it off.)

As you can see, the TD kind of went wild and could use some work underneath. I will be flipping her tonight though. I was hoping her leaf problems would be fixed before flip, but that's not happening. She is getting way too big to wait.

Anyway hopefully this update all makes sense as I'm stoned and in a rush to post before bed (and before this is outdated:laughtwo:). I hope you are all having a lovely evening, and any 420maggers in the path of Fiona stay safe 💙. Goodnight folks! 🍃💛🍃💛🍃💛🍃

She's looking fantastic, Adora!
It doesn't seem to me like 20k lux would be enough to do leaf damage...my seedlings get 18k, with no complaints, and the big plants get 60- 65k.
Unfortunately, I can't tell you what's going on with those leaves, but I don't really think it's light damage...
Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be slowing her down much.. :high-five:

It doesn't seem to me like 20k lux would be enough to do leaf damage...my seedlings get 18k, with no complaints, and the big plants get 60- 65k.
Unfortunately, I can't tell you what's going on with those leaves, but I don't really think it's light damage...
Are we sure you can grow that plant at 20,000 lux? Maybe the meter is whack!

If the yellowing and spots are only on the top leaves then my first thought would be to raise the light. Not so much you get longer node spacing, just like 6" or so.
I raised the light to 18" again, I will try to keep it there from now on. That's where her tops started praying again anyway.

What's the NPK/Ca/Mg on the calmag product, and are you using twice as much now that it's half as strong?
The old stuff:
B-CalMagPlus2-pop.jpg

The new stuff:
20220808_191739.jpg

I am not giving twice as much - I am not sure that I can with the extra micronutrients?

Thank you Carcass :) As Shed pointed out, maybe the meter is whacky...

Are we sure you can grow that plant at 20,000 lux? Maybe the meter is whack!
That could be possible. I am using Photone on android which I read isn't supposed to be as accurate as IOS. I have it on the LED "full spectrum" setting.

Plant of the month right there babe.

🍊♥️🍊♥️🍊
Thanks Trala.:love: She probably won't look that way soon.

She's been sitting in the cold and dark since Friday night when we lost power from the storm. It was 12 C in her tent today before we left for my parents place (they have a generator). I don't know how much longer she will be without lights or heat. I was shining a flashlight on her every few hours before I left (omg it's so spooky in the grow room with the power off!), and when I left I cracked the tent open for some natural light coming in from the hallway. Hopefully it's enough so she knows she isn't dead... Hopefully she isn't dead by the time I get back, after several days with no light and 12 C, lol.😬

I've grown one outdoors with the overnight temps in the low 40's, and a daytime high of 55f for over 2weeks, and it just slowed things down a bit- she had light though...
I think your girl will probably be ok once things get back to normal- she'll just have a little growing to catch up on...:)

InTheShed said:
You're in ProMix so I think you'll be okay doubling up in the new stuff. ProMix is inert so it's like there's anything in it for the plant. I used the Botanicare calmag for a long time at 5ml/gal. Is that what you had been using?

I hope all is well when you get home!
Yes, the botanicare is what I had been using (at 5 mL/gal). The grow store stopped carrying it (though they still have all the gimmicky botanicare products:rolleyes:) and it's $10 more expensive on the 'zon. So I don't think I will use that brand again, although I really liked it. So, I should give the green planet calmag at 10 mL/gal?

Carcass said:
I've grown one outdoors with the overnight temps in the low 40's, and a daytime high of 55f for over 2weeks, and it just slowed things down a bit- she had light though...
I think your girl will probably be ok once things get back to normal- she'll just have a little growing to catch up on...:)
That's pretty wild to think you can basically refrigerate your plants every night. I'm glad to know mine have a chance to survive, because the power is still out here with temperatures dropping into single digits (celsius) overnight. I don't know when power will be restored as it's a complete 💩 show here...

I went home today to clean the hurricane debris from my yard (.:rip:every tree I had) and to throw out the spoiled food in my fridge. Though there's damage and I'm sad about the trees, I am grateful I still have a home with a roof over it. I briefly checked the plants while I was home, but didn't take any pics. They are looking very sad and pale. I think the Tangerine Dream will be fine, but I might have to toss my autos and start new ones. I have a 9 day old gorilla cookies auto that has now spent almost half her life in the dark.🤷‍♀️

Oh damn! Sorry to hear about the hurricane
damage, Adora- but very glad that you, and your house survived...
You may end up having to start over on your plants, but at least you don't need to build a new house too!

I raised the light to 18" again, I will try to keep it there from now on. That's where her tops started praying again anyway.

The old stuff:
B-CalMagPlus2-pop.jpg

The new stuff:
20220808_191739.jpg

I am not giving twice as much - I am not sure that I can with the extra micronutrients?

Thank you Carcass :) As Shed pointed out, maybe the meter is whacky...

That could be possible. I am using Photone on android which I read isn't supposed to be as accurate as IOS. I have it on the LED "full spectrum" setting.

Thanks Trala.:love: She probably won't look that way soon.

She's been sitting in the cold and dark since Friday night when we lost power from the storm. It was 12 C in her tent today before we left for my parents place (they have a generator). I don't know how much longer she will be without lights or heat. I was shining a flashlight on her every few hours before I left (omg it's so spooky in the grow room with the power off!), and when I left I cracked the tent open for some natural light coming in from the hallway. Hopefully it's enough so she knows she isn't dead... Hopefully she isn't dead by the time I get back, after several days with no light and 12 C, lol.😬
Strongs with the storm. Thinking of you guys on that side.
This is our new normal in South Africa. To be without power every day.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom