Feels Like I'm In A Tangerine Dream - 2022 Grow

Congrats on the Blueberry takedown but I'm sorry to hear about the light. Shoot Mars an email as well as posting the question in their main Mars thread here and I'm sure they'll have an answer.

Congrats on harvesting that beautiful Blueberry, Adora!
TD is looking happy & healthy this evening, and ya sure don't need a light problem right now..I hope it's an easy fix to get it going again...
Enjoy your cookies tonight- plenty of time to worry about that light tomorrow... :)
Thanks Carcass! Harvesting the BB sure took a while. I took a ton of pics for a harvest update though! :)

Hi Adora :)

Did you try swearing at it and whacking it with your hand?!
Ha! Swearing at it was the first thing I tried. Then making this face 🥺 to my partner.

Look Im just gonna throw it out there, did you check the black on/offs.

I pulled one out of storage and had a few minutes figuring out Id of course left 2 switches in the off position.

Forgive me if thats not the case. Humming is a good sign, no output not so much.
Thanks DV8. I do have both switches on. I didn't realize there were two switches either, until it stopped working. Lol.

Congrats on the Blueberry takedown but I'm sorry to hear about the light. Shoot Mars an email as well as posting the question in their main Mars thread here and I'm sure they'll have an answer.
Thank you Shed. It looks to me like that thread is locked though?

Day 25

Well the deed is done, the Tangerine Dream is now topless.

Before
20220820_232552.jpg

After
20220820_232420.jpg

I topped her above node 5 and took the top for a clone. I also removed node 1 growth. She has 8 branches left, which I have started cartraining as so. I am starting the training a bit late. I hope that's ok.

@Carcass does her canopy look alright? I tried to make sure I could see all 8 tops looking down from above. I used carhooks to move the big fan leaves out of the way and hold the top branches down. Should I adjust anything? I feel like I should have more carhooks in there.
20220820_232241.jpg
20220820_232448.jpg

🧡💙🧡💙🧡💙🧡💙🧡

That looks good, Adora- off to a real good start!
You will need a lot more hooks, just not quite yet.. :)
With the tight node spacing your girl has, no problem at all topping a little later on.

I usually do 8 branches too- It's not really much more work than doing 4 branches, and it can really improve your yields..

Sorry to hear about your light, Adora. I'm sure that Mars-Hydro will be able to help you. They have good customer service.

Your Tangerine Dream looks good so far. Nice job on the topping and Carsticks™.

That looks good, Adora- off to a real good start!
You will need a lot more hooks, just not quite yet.. :)
With the tight node spacing your girl has, no problem at all topping a little later on.

I usually do 8 branches too- It's not really much more work than doing 4 branches, and it can really improve your yields..
Thanks Carcass! This time it was so much easier than with my Blueberry. It took me no more than ten mins. I'm not sure where the confusion happened with the BB - she had 6 arms I think, and they weren't very cooperative. This time with the Tangerine Dream, all the arms just kinda fell into place. I think this might be my fave stage in the growing process (the initial carsticking).

Sorry to hear about your light, Adora. I'm sure that Mars-Hydro will be able to help you. They have good customer service.

Your Tangerine Dream looks good so far. Nice job on the topping and Carsticks™.
It's working again, HG!! Of all things, this worked:
making this face 🥺 to my partner.
and my light is now shining again. :):):)☀️ My man came through. He took the light to the guy who does all the lights at his work (a machine shop), and they got it going again. I am so relieved. Now I don't have to juggle my plants around and I can keep popping seeds.

Great news on the light!
Whenever I look at Mrs.C. with those puppydog eyes, she just says ...
"whatever it is, the answer is no!" 🤪

Great news on the light!
Whenever I look at Mrs.C. with those puppydog eyes, she just says ...
"whatever it is, the answer is no!" 🤪
:laugh:That's cold!

Great news about the light girlfriend :)
Great news about the cooperative and helpful partner, and the light fix! Nice Cartraining too Adora :)
:cheer: for the helpful in the world!
He normally takes very little interest in my grows aside from the finished product, but he's helpful when it counts most. :)

Day 30

The Tangerine Dream was uppotted last night to a 5 gallon pot (that somehow I jammed 6 gallons of dirt into). I added Promix HP, marine compost, and 1 cup of all-purpose 4-4-4 dry nutes. She got filtered water + 1/2 strength calmag + iron.

Uppot pics:
20220825_155425.jpg

(I'm kind of annoyed I just realized I bought a bag of Promix that's almost 2 years old...)

And here she was this morning. That's her clone underneath her.🌱
20220825_130804.jpg

20220825_125936.jpg

Have a great evening all. :green_heart:

Looks happy to have the extra space!

I did the same thing a couple of years back...hate that!
I can only hope the mycorrhizae are still active. Though I feel like I get quicker root growth with the loose bagged promix vs. the bales anyway.

@Carcass I have a couple of training questions if I can bug you for a minute please? :)

I removed the leaves on the tops of the branches (8 of them). Then I removed any branches pointing downwards (I forget how many... all of them lol). I am not sure what to remove next. First off, these guys (#1 in the picture; the two branches closest to the main stem at the first node of the branch) - do I cut these guys (and their leaves) off? I think someone told me to do so because of mold.
20220829_151717.jpg

Here's what she looks like right now (she is being bottom watered, so a little droopy).
20220829_132201.jpg

I marked (with blue dots) the leaves that I think come off here at this step of the training, but I could be completely wrong. Is it these ones that come off?
20220829_151354.jpg

do I cut these guys (and their leaves) off?
No, not yet- wait and see if those grow well- if so, leave them to become part of the canopy- if they don't grow much, you can remove them after a few weeks (you should know by then if they're going to amount to anything.)

I marked (with blue dots) the leaves that I think come off here at this step of the training,
Yes, those are the ones you'll remove- as open as this plant is, you could leave them on for a little longer- like until they start blocking any tops. Or, you could remove them now, but I personally like to leave them on as long as possible- I like to let the new leaves get as large as possible, before cutting the old leaves off, so the plant doesn't run in a "deficit" until the new leaves get big enough to carry the load .
As long as there's plenty of air circulation in there, and you don't have crazy high humidity, mold isn't going to be a problem.

She's looking great, Adora!

Yes, those are the ones you'll remove- as open as this plant is, you could leave them on for a little longer- like until they start blocking any tops. Or, you could remove them now, but I personally like to leave them on as long as possible- I like to let the new leaves get as large as possible, before cutting the old leaves off, so the plant doesn't run in a "deficit" until the new leaves get big enough to carry the load .
Adora, Carcass, TY both, question and answer.

Helps so much. The more practical examples that come up in the grows, the better the understanding.

Cheers.

Every time I see your thread my brain sings Katy Perry Teenage Dream, except the word teenage is replaced with tangerine lollll.

You make me feel like I’m livin’ a tangerine dream… 🎶🎶

No, not yet- wait and see if those grow well- if so, leave them to become part of the canopy- if they don't grow much, you can remove them after a few weeks (you should know by then if they're going to amount to anything.)

As long as there's plenty of air circulation in there, and you don't have crazy high humidity, mold isn't going to be a problem.

She's looking great, Adora!
Thank you, C Man.🧡🍊🧡 I really appreciate the help. I left those marked leaves and bent or pushed them out of the way with sticks. I am happy with her shape right now.:) Do I keep pinching off those leaves that grow inward/upward as they grow up the new nodes? (I hope that question makes sense...)

Adora, Carcass, TY both, question and answer.

Helps so much. The more practical examples that come up in the grows, the better the understanding.

Cheers.
I'm glad my journal can be helpful, DV8! :green_heart:

Every time I see your thread my brain sings Katy Perry Teenage Dream, except the word teenage is replaced with tangerine lollll.

You make me feel like I’m livin’ a tangerine dream… 🎶🎶
🎶 You make me feel like I'm livin' a tangerine dream... the way I burn you up, I sleep heaps 🎶 LOL.

Back
Top Bottom