Feels Like I'm In A Tangerine Dream - 2022 Grow

There is something going on with her, or starting to anyway. The very tips of the leaves are yellow.
As you guy know, she was just uppotted with 1 cup (full pre-mix strength) all-purpose 4-4-4 dry nutes and compost on Aug. 24. The nutes are "re-apply monthly" stuff but I've been amending my plants every 2-3 weeks. I usually get nitrogen and calcium toxicities when I overload with these nutes, but this looks like neither of those to me. So I am doubting nute burn. She is healthy, green and growing...
She's only been getting half strength calmag (and filtered water). Could it be the start of a magnesium deficiency?
I went ahead and gave her full strength calmag last night anyway right after these pics were taken.

20220903_110244.jpg

20220902_013945.jpg

20220902_013116.jpg

20220902_211219.jpg

20220902_210514.jpg

20220902_005048.jpg

Hopefully it's not nute burn and full strength cal mag doesn't make it worse! Ha.

Do I keep pinching off those leaves that grow inward/upward as they grow up the new nodes? (I hope that question makes sense...)
I think I understand - yes and no- if they're not in the way (blocking stuff) you can leave them on there.
If they are blocking stuff, you might as well remove them-tucking may work, but you'd have to re-do it every day...and she is fixing to grow a crapload more leaves right now, so she's not going to miss a few....

As the plant gets wider, those leaves become less of a problem, just because there's more room for them.

I wish I could help you on the leaf tip problem, but I'm not really much at diagnosing nute problems...
I know that if just the tips are a little burnt, that usually means the plant is getting as much nutrition as she can handle, and that's a good thing- but yellow?...just not sure what to tell you...
Maybe @InTheShed will take a quick peek at the problem? :cheesygrinsmiley:

There is something going on with her, or starting to anyway. The very tips of the leaves are yellow.
As you guy know, she was just uppotted with 1 cup (full pre-mix strength) all-purpose 4-4-4 dry nutes and compost on Aug. 24. The nutes are "re-apply monthly" stuff but I've been amending my plants every 2-3 weeks. I usually get nitrogen and calcium toxicities when I overload with these nutes, but this looks like neither of those to me. So I am doubting nute burn. She is healthy, green and growing...
She's only been getting half strength calmag (and filtered water). Could it be the start of a magnesium deficiency?
I went ahead and gave her full strength calmag last night anyway right after these pics were taken.

20220903_110244.jpg

20220902_013945.jpg

20220902_013116.jpg

20220902_211219.jpg

20220902_210514.jpg

20220902_005048.jpg

Hopefully it's not nute burn and full strength cal mag doesn't make it worse! Ha.
That canopy is looking so incredibly level and lovely. I have no idea what is causing that obvious yellow tipping. Maybe @Bill284 has an idea?

Hey grow-gal wutz happenin... Lovely plantz and great color... I normally have the yellow tips so it doesn't bother me to much... Wish I could help you diagnose it but I'm clueless as to the cause I just rock it out 😂

But I'll be watching to see what others say.

Have a great night.

That canopy is looking so incredibly level and lovely. I have no idea what is causing that obvious yellow tipping. Maybe @Bill284 has an idea?
Hey ANPF. :ciao: thanks for the tag :thanks:
She is in flower right?
Those are pistils in that pic?
Kinda blurry?
4-4-4 is typically a veg stable nutrient.
You should switch to a flowering version of your nutrient line.
You need way more P and a bunch more K.
Believe it or not 2-8-4 is a good place to start in flower.
That should help.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

She is in flower right?
Kinda blurry?
That should help.

Stay safe
Thanks Bill! :ciao:

Knew you'd have knowledge to share on it!
No no no :thanks::hippy:

(This was meant to be posted last night but I was too stoned. The formatting may be a little off.)

I think I understand - yes and no- if they're not in the way (blocking stuff) you can leave them on there.
If they are blocking stuff, you might as well remove them-tucking may work, but you'd have to re-do it every day...and she is fixing to grow a crapload more leaves right now, so she's not going to miss a few....

As the plant gets wider, those leaves become less of a problem, just because there's more room for them.

I wish I could help you on the leaf tip problem, but I'm not really much at diagnosing nute problems...
I know that if just the tips are a little burnt, that usually means the plant is getting as much nutrition as she can handle, and that's a good thing- but yellow?...just not sure what to tell you...
Maybe @InTheShed will take a quick peek at the problem? :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks Carcass :) She has for sure grown a 💩🛻 more leaves!

The calmag didn't stop the progression of the yellow up the tips, but it also didn't make anything worse, so now I am thinking she wants potassium...? I took pics to compare her tips to the definitely nute burnt GC that I conveniently have in my other tent (lol).
20220903_195216.jpg

...and it started looking a lot less like nute burn. Then I compared pics of her now to when she was last fed/uppotted and it really put things into perspective...
20220906_223412.png

:laugh: She's gotta be hungry. I think she needs to be fed even more frequently than every 2-3 weeks. Maybe every 10 days.

Here's more pics of the yellowing.
20220907_004908.jpg

I have zero idea.

Sorry babe.
:laugh::love:

Thanks for the compliments and bringing in help, ANPF :)

cause I just rock it out with my calyx out :headbanger:
FTFY :headbanger:
I can already tell I'm going to struggle with her in flower.:laughtwo:

She is in flower right?
Kinda blurry?
That should help.

Stay safe
:welcome: Bill, thank you for the help! She doesn't have any pistils yet but I went ahead and fed her more veg nutes today. She is 42 days old - I'm going to flip her in a couple weeks. I have the 2-8-4 stuff to amend with in bloom.
My phone doesn't take the best pics, but I think the new leaf fingers twisting around are what makes it look like pistils. Do you think it's a potassium deficiency?

(This was meant to be posted last night but I was too stoned. The formatting may be a little off.)

Thanks Carcass :) She has for sure grown a 💩🛻 more leaves!

The calmag didn't stop the progression of the yellow up the tips, but it also didn't make anything worse, so now I am thinking she wants potassium...? I took pics to compare her tips to the definitely nute burnt GC that I conveniently have in my other tent (lol).
20220903_195216.jpg

...and it started looking a lot less like nute burn. Then I compared pics of her now to when she was last fed/uppotted and it really put things into perspective...
20220906_223412.png

:laugh: She's gotta be hungry. I think she needs to be fed even more frequently than every 2-3 weeks. Maybe every 10 days.

Here's more pics of the yellowing.
20220907_004908.jpg

:laugh::love:

Thanks for the compliments and bringing in help, ANPF :)

:welcome: Bill, thank you for the help! She doesn't have any pistils yet but I went ahead and fed her more veg nutes today. She is 42 days old - I'm going to flip her in a couple weeks. I have the 2-8-4 stuff to amend with in bloom.
My phone doesn't take the best pics, but I think the new leaf fingers twisting around are what makes it look like pistils. Do you think it's a potassium deficiency?
There is what looks to be burnt tips from nutrient excess, no harm there.
A receding green becoming yellow is usually a nitrogen issue in veg.
Did it start on the lower leaves and move up?
But they look healthy so it doesn't appear as a typical N def.
Is it progressing?

Stay safe

Cause I just rock out with my calyx out :headbanger:

😂 Where did you pull this comment from 😂 I just reread through the last three pagez and it's not on this thread :laugh:....but thankz for responding.

And no you got this....and if not thatz wut we are all here for.....help when needed and to cheer you and the ladiez on :yahoo:

I melted into the furniture from this weekend's heat.
People who don't smoke weed can melt into the furniture too? Thought that was just us stoners.:laughtwo:

Not a cal-mag issue to me but going into flower it could be a K deficiency. I don't recommend high P nutes, but if you have anything with potassium in it (Terpinator, potassium silicate, etc.) I would work that into your watering.
When the calmag didn't help but didn't make things worse, I fed her full strength veg nutes yesterday. I think it is a potassium deficiency too. She is growing like crazy. I do have liquid kelp, but I would like to have a product with silica in my cabinet. I found a potassium silicate 0-0-3 "plant guard" product at my local hydro shop, 1 L for $10 (surprisingly cheap) that I'll pick up in the next couple days. Thank you, Shed!:green_heart:

There is what looks to be burnt tips from nutrient excess, no harm there.
A receding green becoming yellow is usually a nitrogen issue in veg.
Did it start on the lower leaves and move up?
But they look healthy so it doesn't appear as a typical N def.
Is it progressing?

Stay safe
It is a receding green that started with the tips of the top mid-sized fan leaves, and then the tips of the new leaves...then the yellowing progressed up the leaves. Weirdly none of the bottom leaves were really affected. It hasn't gotten worse after feeding her yesterday... there's no scorching or anything (unless it is yet to happen :laughtwo:). I'll snap a new pic of her for you.

😂 Where did you pull this comment from 😂 I just reread through the last three pagez and it's not on this thread :laugh:....but thankz for responding.

And no you got this....and if not thatz wut we are all here for.....help when needed and to cheer you and the ladiez on :yahoo:
That's because I fixed it for you ;) I think when you said "Wish I could help you diagnose it but I'm clueless as to the cause I just rock it out" a few comments up this page LOL.

Thanks, growmie. 💚 Her canopy could use some work tonight, before she gets watered tomorrow.
Many many welcomes! Looking forward to more pics :D

Barney's Farm "Tangerine Dream"
Day 49

Here we go, more pics. :)

20220913_125013.jpg

20220913_142916.jpg

20220913_142349.jpg

The hydro shop didn't have the potassium silicate in stock in-store, so I gave 1/2 strength liquid seaweed with 1/2 strength calmag last watering. I think she has another deficiency? Unless it is from the seaweed. There are rust spots on the fan leaves that are just below the top set of leaves, if that makes sense. Is it calcium? Also the new tops growing up in the square closest to the light are a lighter green. There's no burnt tips and she's growing big fast so I do think it is a real deficiency... and the water she's been getting is filtered.

20220913_124010.jpg

The guy at the hydro store said he uses the same brand of nutes I do and amends his plants every 9 days. I'll try that, and giving full strength calmag every watering.

@InTheShed do you think I should keep giving the kelp with the calmag (2-0-0), and if so how much? Here is the label.

20220913_150055.jpg

:thanks::green_heart:

There are rust spots on the fan leaves that are just below the top set of leaves, if that makes sense.
Those don't look like rust spots or a Ca deficiency to me (too pale). Could they be light burn (the leaf points look like they're turned up) or spots where the leaves burned from a combo of wet and light?

If the veins are getting pale that would indicate a Mg deficiency though.
@InTheShed do you think I should keep giving the kelp (2-2-7) with the calmag, and if so how much?
Cannabis plants in veg don't need that much potassium, so I'd leave it out as long as the nitrogen comes from somewhere. I run my veg plants around 5-2-5 and move to 5-2-6 in flower.

I turned the light down for a better pic:
20220913_175500.jpg

Those don't look like rust spots or a Ca deficiency to me (too pale). Could they be light burn (the leaf points look like they're turned up) or spots where the leaves burned from a combo of wet and light?
I didn't spray anything on her, unless there was condensation below her leaves... there is a fan (I think it is 10") oscillating on her 24/7.
The light could definitely have gotten too close, in my notes I have it was 21" from the canopy and 80% power ten days ago. Today the light was at 14", which photone reads as 25,800 lux.
I raised the light to 18" which is 21,500 lux. Should I raise it more?

If the veins are getting pale that would indicate a Mg deficiency though.

Cannabis plants in veg don't need that much potassium, so I'd leave it out as long as the nitrogen comes from somewhere. I run my veg plants around 5-2-5 and move to 5-2-6 in flower.
I'll leave the 🌊 weed out! Thanks Shed. :)

Back
Top Bottom