Tangerine Dream

Don't buy these seeds, the whole tangerine dream strain is a fake. Barneys don't have the legendary A5 so how can they make this strain?
There is no A5 in the whole of Amsterdam. Not any bud and definitely not any plant.
Same thing goes for the last 5 or so HTCC winners. All fake strains!
If you wanne try the real deal, don't go shopping in the Dam.
Try Breda or Maastricht. The Dam is dead!
YS

Don't buy these seeds, the whole tangerine dream strain is a fake. Barneys don't have the legendary A5 so how can they make this strain?
There is no A5 in the whole of Amsterdam. Not any bud and definitely not any plant.
Same thing goes for the last 5 or so HTCC winners. All fake strains!
If you wanne try the real deal, don't go shopping in the Dam.
Try Breda or Maastricht. The Dam is dead!
YS

That's where some of there breeding farms are located. RD :peace::peace::peace:

3 out of 5 of the Tangerine Dream fem seeds I planted germinated (average?). I am at 40 days from seed using the gas light method (12 on, 5-1/2 off, 1 on, 5-1/2 off) under two 150 watt HPS lights. So far the plants seem to be doing okay, but don't seem to be as bushy as my previous grows using 18/6 veg, even though they appear close to the same in size. I've never grown TD before, so I have no previous grows to compare it to.
When I see signs of sexing I am going to 11/13, then after the recommended time for GLM 10/14, and I think the program ends out at 9/15 (which I hope will eliminate the problem most people are having with getting this strain to flower). I'll try to remember to post a pic on this thread the next time I take one.

3 of 5? Not bad. How did you germinate them?
The GLR is only one factor to the veg growth, the light intensity, and nutrients also plays important role. The routine only enhance. If you're getting the same results as 18/6 it would still be better in term of power saving. :} Good luck with TD. It has many phenos hope you get one that is like the advertised TD.

3 of 5? Not bad. How did you germinate them?
The GLR is only one factor to the veg growth, the light intensity, and nutrients also plays important role. The routine only enhance. If you're getting the same results as 18/6 it would still be better in term of power saving. :} Good luck with TD. It has many phenos hope you get one that is like the advertised TD.

I've tried all the methods I have heard of, and always go back to the natural method of just putting the seed in the grow medium, Twelve12. Damn, another negative thing about this strain! I'll get the crap pheno with my luck..... :(

For what it's worth I've had problems with all of Barney's Farm products except one Red Diesel plant before they all went feminized. All the others sucked. Bad germ rates and the phenotypes were different and their Night Shade that was supposed to be one of the shortest plants in their collection was the tallest in my garden and was nasty.

For what it's worth I've had problems with all of Barney's Farm products except one Red Diesel plant before they all went feminized. All the others sucked. Bad germ rates and the phenotypes were different and their Night Shade that was supposed to be one of the shortest plants in their collection was the tallest in my garden and was nasty.

With you on that one, 4twenty4all. My experiences so far?

1) Barneys Farm "Mazar x Skunk #1" (a.k.a. Lucy) - maybe I got a crap pheno, but it was very non-impressive.

2) Barney's Farm "Acapulco Gold" - Guys, to us old timers AG is a legendary strain. The fact that I wasn't completely baked with two hits put that strain on the "not again" list for me.

3) Barney's Farm "Tangerine Dream" - In process (I'm using the GLR lighting method on this grow and I'm about 7-8 weeks out from chop). I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, we'll see.

Yeah, for the large sums of money involved I expect at least an 80% germination rate. I got 60% on the TD's (3 of 5; I'd fire a worker that was that unproductive immediately) big thumbs down.

When I find the strains I like most, I'm really looking forward to breeding my own seeds and getting these guys out of my pocketbook. :thumb:

PotChimp> Thanks for your feedback. I wish i could have a mother plant and take cutting but i have only 1 small room to do everything now. I used to get 100% germ rates on all my feminized strains. But now it seems to be poor with different breeders. I am waiting for my Northern Lights seeds to get here by Homegrown Fanaseeds. Hope i get good germ rates because i only ordered 4 feminized seeds. NL was on my list of strains and i decided to stay away from the haze/sativas for this grow.Pure indica for me and my med. friends.
Are you getting any buds on that TD yet? Well good luck and keep me posted.

Flipper AKA Painfull

PotChimp> Thanks for your feedback. I wish i could have a mother plant and take cutting but i have only 1 small room to do everything now. I used to get 100% germ rates on all my feminized strains. But now it seems to be poor with different breeders. I am waiting for my Northern Lights seeds to get here by Homegrown Fanaseeds. Hope i get good germ rates because i only ordered 4 feminized seeds. NL was on my list of strains and i decided to stay away from the haze/sativas for this grow.Pure indica for me and my med. friends.
Are you getting any buds on that TD yet? Well good luck and keep me posted.

Flipper AKA Painfull

A few. Here's a pic from about a week or less ago.
002762.JPG

They are a little more developed now; when I get a chance I'll post another pic.

just germed all my seeds from barneys.....all germed but the td...just cracked it open after 2 weeks to see if it will germ...cant hurt to try...I already acept it to be a loss...just thought I would through in my 2 cents

I bought this strain because it was advertised as sativa with a short flowering period. I planted at the beginning of May. The plant is still weeks away from finishing and I'm guessing a January harvest. It went into full flower around the second week of October and its been really packing the weight in the last few weeks. I had to support the branches as they are starting to resemble small baseball bats. I'm really hoping this long wait will result in a good harvest!

This threads not bringing me much confidence. I have one plant in flower, well I think I do, not much at 3-4 weeks, she's not really growing as I wanted and there's really no bud forming. I have 2 beautiful clones off it, just put into solo cups. Out of 5 seeds I only had 2 sprout and they were weak. My last seed planting I had 25 of 25 make it, so I was not very impressed there, but who knows, it could be me. I guess I'll know soon enough, should finish same time as my other plants which are a jack herer cross and I know they are gonna be big and bad bitches. Sexy already at 6 weeks, make TG look like ditch weed so far. I made those seeds so I know they good, Barney must smoke more than I do cuz my beans go 100%.

I like Barney from the Flintstones and Barney from "How I met your Mother" but I'm not too fond of the purple dinosaur or the seed breeder. 3 of 5 here on the TD germ rate; it's probably not you. I've read about the problems others have had with this strain, and I shot straight to 11/13 instead of 12/12, and I do have buds forming. Hell, if I'm going to buy a plant for looks I'll get a Bird of Paradise.....

This threads not bringing me much confidence. I have one plant in flower, well I think I do, not much at 3-4 weeks, she's not really growing as I wanted and there's really no bud forming. I have 2 beautiful clones off it, just put into solo cups. Out of 5 seeds I only had 2 sprout and they were weak. My last seed planting I had 25 of 25 make it, so I was not very impressed there, but who knows, it could be me. I guess I'll know soon enough, should finish same time as my other plants which are a jack herer cross and I know they are gonna be big and bad bitches. Sexy already at 6 weeks, make TG look like ditch weed so far. I made those seeds so I know they good, Barney must smoke more than I do cuz my beans go 100%.

My plant showed its female hairs in August but didnt go into flower until Oct. I guess we just have to be patient.

Back
Top Bottom