Tangerine Dream

My apologies ... I was replying to Roush and did not mean to step on someones journal ...again my apologies
I will say that in my experience my T.D. the fan leaves got very dark green which meant Nitrogen overdose ..... I flushed and used lighter nute feedings and that helped

I think clayhead was talking to me

I saw this strain sharing an indoor auto hydro setup at 550-600 ppm with ogkush. It was doing terrible. The grow master decided to pluck it. He pulled them out and a day later had that system at 800+ and the og was so happy. it finished great.

He buried them in his back yard in just regular backyard ground soil. After a few days these things popped back and then went crazy, they vegged for all of August, no signs, then mid September they started. This strain needs more dark. We are lucky in ca to have a season up to Halloween. So he tarpped them up and got them done. I'd say 6/10 for the trouble, 8-9/10 for the smoke. It's like the strain is sensitive to anybody's fart.

From the mouth of one of the dispensary folks I had the opportunity to chat with at a party in San Diego a few nights ago... "I get the sample, go home and smoke it, huh, it kind-of tastes like orange.... Then I tell my secretary to let the business office know that we got a whole bunch of Tangerine or Orange Crush, depending on what we already got in the store... Then I have my clerks surf the net for some type of Orange character either surfing of sitting under a tree. Then we incorporate that onto the label and it sells out even though it B rated stuff, we get A prices..."

I was like, "Damn I knew it. Well i got the original diesel and he says... get me a sample and we will see. HA.

I got home and labeled all my bag-plants.

Pink-ripper, White Kush Blackstone, Citrus X Orange (I put orange peels in a bag of mex) , OR grind up a couple of muts into pre-rolled joints of mix-bag and call them all, India Kush...

All this naming is a bunch of bullshit. Get a female 100% there, test her out and call out the first thing into your mind based on taste and smell. "Take a fat hit of some bagseed, huh, .....taste a bit like rasberrys.... ahhh you got rasberry cough or rasberry chino, or rasberry kush... going with words like kush and widow get you more for the $...

There I just clued a bunch of you all into the nasty and dirty world of corporate marketing...

i've grown about a half dozen different strains (3 from Barney's seeds- LSD, Pineapple Chunk and Tangerine Dream) and these were by far the worst strain yet. the claim of it being a 70 day flower cycle is a crock of sh*t. the last round was 93 days and it still wasn't ready!! it kinda makes me question the whole "cannabis cup" credentials.

i've grown about a half dozen different strains (3 from Barney's seeds- LSD, Pineapple Chunk and Tangerine Dream) and these were by far the worst strain yet. the claim of it being a 70 day flower cycle is a crock of sh*t. the last round was 93 days and it still wasn't ready!! it kinda makes me question the whole "cannabis cup" credentials.
Were you doing them in soil or in hydro? Seed or clone? There are many different reasons why flowering could have taken longer.

How does the tangerine dream smoke, taste ect?

Anyone give Barney's Critical Kush a try? If so what do you think about it?

Just getting ready to put some Tangerine Dream into flower. It has vegged very well, fast growing, doing good in spite of some minor abuse. Grew some Barney's LSD a while back & it didn't flower good at all. Could be the feminized seeds causing weird things to happen. Grow from regular seeds if you can afford the time & expense of throwing out the males. Will let you know how the TD turns out.

Hi Guys & Girls....^^
I`m greenbastard and new here.......
I am very happy to see so much enthusiastic growers!
that makes my BUDHeart flowering ;)

to the thread:
ALLL of my 5 fem TD were germinated!
4 TD`s are at day 61 of flowering and I would say I have at least 3 Phenotypes!!!
-a very very hazy One, in stretch, flower structure and even in the smell it, I `see`the haze....
-a short One with dense, nuggy, Buds and a more earthy nature smell, but still with a orange-citrus touch!
and
-a BIG FAT One with a bit more bushy structure, 4 Colas(without topping) the biggest about 45cm long and 15cm thick!no joke!
like a small christmas tree, does the big fat TopCola look......

will definetly add some pics......so tha You cann see them.....

Only the Best

greenbastard

I had the Critical Kush also.......and I have to say :

BÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Critical Kush rockz!!!!!
great eater with damn hard Buds! ALL 5 seeds germinated without problems.....One of them is growing Outdoors at a friends terrace....and she is going great!!!

best regards

greenbastard

I'm growing one Tangerine Dream outdoor organically at the moment. Very resilient plant with strong vigour and high resistance against insects. It was FIMmed, which slowed it down for two weeks, but now it reached about 3 feet (started from seed end of May) and goes up quickly. I think it's gonna finish as a 7-8 foot plant, not sure about time of flowering though. Hope it will be ready by the end of October.

I and a lot of other growers had a big problem with this strain. It didn't bud. No newbies. These seeds from Barneys Farms s**k. They never get back to you also after e-mails sent. Don't waste your time and money on these seeds.

Flipper

I got a mutant its a slow grower it holds too much nitrogen. but getting strange leafy buds fast into flower.

For what it's worth I've had problems with all of Barney's Farm products except one Red Diesel plant before they all went feminized. All the others sucked. Bad germ rates and the phenotypes were different and their Night Shade that was supposed to be one of the shortest plants in their collection was the tallest in my garden and was nasty.

I never had good night shade out of a few samples

PotChimp> Thanks for your feedback. I wish i could have a mother plant and take cutting but i have only 1 small room to do everything now. I used to get 100% germ rates on all my feminized strains. But now it seems to be poor with different breeders. I am waiting for my Northern Lights seeds to get here by Homegrown Fanaseeds. Hope i get good germ rates because i only ordered 4 feminized seeds. NL was on my list of strains and i decided to stay away from the haze/sativas for this grow.Pure indica for me and my med. friends.
Are you getting any buds on that TD yet? Well good luck and keep me posted.

Flipper AKA Painfull

Dj short all have Germinated to keepers for me

I'll give you my 5 cents about TD as I just finished an outdoor grow. My pheno was visually 60% sativa and 40% indica. It hit 5'3" in guerilla conditions, had absolutely no problems with pests and mold, which I think is amazing with October humidity in my climate. It didn't produce a lot, but my growing conditions are not a good indicator. Smelled of mandarines during flowering and of spicy Passion Fruit after chopping. Very hazy structure and had to be supported with two sticks so it didn't fall over, but except that and the fact that it started budding on 1st September, it's a great outdoor plant, which finishes by the end of October and gives you a nice mix of sativa rushy high and Afghani relaxation.

My TD girls at 7 weeks and 6 days[/QUOTE]

Hey just wanted to reach out, your td's look fantastic. Just wanted to ask if these girls take a long time to start putting weight on? I have some in week4 bloom under 1000ks never above 78*, every other strain has always been fantastic but these girls are so thin and airy it's starting to worry me. I guess my question is when did they start to bulk up and how long did you flower for? My buds are long but only about the size of my finger width wise... Thanks for any advice.

JB42 any info on how those Tangerines dried up? I'm worried mine are going to dry up to be nothing,,, but yours looks just like mine atm.. any info?

This is an old thread but any new info is relevant... Tangerine dream is an ordinary sub standard dope plant! I grew it... Was disappointed. try jack LA mota... did what TD promised... but did deliver.

Back
Top Bottom