Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Hi, T-
Yeah, you don't need any help with your soil or your nutes, you've got them dialed in real well, so we're just going to work on building a flat canopy, and hopefully, a ridiculous amount of huge buds.. :)
I'm going to start training the GSC on Monday, so for now, the training pics will be part of my usual update- see you then!

Hi, T-
Yeah, you don't need any help with your soil or your nutes, you've got them dialed in real well, so we're just going to work on building a flat canopy, and hopefully, a ridiculous amount of huge buds.. :)
I'm going to start training the GSC on Monday, so for now, the training pics will be part of my usual update- see you then!
@Trala, MrC hasn't mentioned it yet, but you're gonna' need to buy yourself a swimming pool donut! :laughtwo:

It wasn't too bad, 4 hours from pot to closet...although when I look at the tiny bit of trimmings, I kind of wonder what took me so long...I think being an old fart might have slowed me down a little... ;)

Well alright then-Harvest time! Here's a few parting shots of the AP auto,which started out as a tiny mutant,but ended up like this:

The final Saugaview®: (that's a Gelat.OGauto bottom right)
1589660581408.jpeg

And a side view...
1589660665913.jpeg

A budshot or 2...
double bud
1589660763017.jpeg

regular bud...
1589660830228.jpeg

double bud again, before trimming...
1589660911354.jpeg

I forgot to get any other pics before trimming,so I've just got an "after" pic...

notice the tiny pile of trimmins....doesn't look like 3 hours worth....jeez, I'm slow....
1589661072588.jpeg

And from there it went into the closet, where it'll live for 5 days or so:
1589661331816.jpeg

The wet weight is 26oz/728grams, so dry and de-stemmed it should be 20-25% of that...
103 days old, 67 days flowering.

Fed nothing but Mega Crop, with a very little bit of GLN's Bud Explosion and Sweet Candy
added the last 30 days of flowering..it may have helped her a little...or..it was the reason all the big fan leaves fell off in the last 2 weeks- either way,it didn't hurt the buds a bit.!

So that's it for that one,time to start on some more...

I actually got a Gelat.OG auto seed to sprout last week, and, this morning a Pink Kush CBD sprouted,and
so did a ChemDawg#4. !

The ChemDawg (a gift from my son, @13goody13 ) is a photo, so it will be growing outside as soon as it's established, and the autos get the box.

Thanks for looking,and I hope everyone has a great weekend!
But stay safe in the process, please! :peace:
Absolutely beautiful harvest. Sorry I missed the grow…. :circle-of-love:

@Trala, MrC hasn't mentioned it yet, but you're gonna' need to buy yourself a swimming pool donut!
Ha!...She may or may not need one...when her branches go past the edge of the pot, she hangs heavy stuff on 'em to hold them down...which is a really good idea- :idea:
Or a swimming pool noodle that you can form into a donut.
Yes, or that!...:rofl:
...someone not familiar with my grows is probably saying "What in the hell are these guys talking about"?:hmmmm:
Absolutely beautiful harvest. Sorry I missed the grow….
Thank You, Dennise!
And Welcome to my little journal- I do this stuff all year long, so stop
by anytime you've got a free minute!.

Ha!...She may or may not need one...when her branches go past the edge of the pot, she hangs heavy stuff on 'em to hold them down...which is a really good idea- :idea:
Shopping List

Pool noodle (in green)
Krispy Kreme donuts

I’m following your lead mate. From grow to WOAHHHHH!

I am so excited!

Looking forward to it, T!
Wedding Cake, Girl Scout Cookies, and donuts... it's gonna be a real sweet grow...groan ....

Highya Mr.C. :green_heart:

How wide/tall is your box again?

The new Nextlight with a five gallon is gonna grow a pretty big plant.
I use the older Core model and five gallon Geos in both my closet and my 27"x27" tent. It gets tight in there.

You're an old pro. I'm sure this will be a non-issue.

How wide/tall is your box again?

The new Nextlight with a five gallon is gonna grow a pretty big plant.
Hi, VG- I hope your Easter is a good one so far!
The box is 24"x24"x48", and since the Nextlight is the ceiling of the box, I can use all 4' for the plant...the pot, with drain pan, is 12" tall, so that leaves me room to grow a 2 foot plant, and still be a foot from the light.....that's the plan, anyway...
I am a little bit concerned that it might outgrow the box...I haven't had one do it yet, but I also haven't
grown in a 5 gallon pot before...
I can just move her outside if she ends up getting too tall, but I really don't want to have to do that..

Well done, youngster! :thumb:

Looking forward to it, T!
Wedding Cake, Girl Scout Cookies, and donuts... it's gonna be a real sweet grow...groan ....
Good morning C Banger :)

I see what you did there!

Hoppy Easter <— see what I did there? Hoppy, like bunnies hopping. We’re a fucking riot i tells ya! We should be on stage!

Just looked, and she getting a trim today. Bang on time too :)

The box is 24"x24"x48", and since the Nextlight is the ceiling of the box, I can use all 4' for the plant...the pot, with drain pan, is 12" tall, so that leaves me room to grow a 2 foot plant, and still be a foot from the light.....that's the plan, anyway...
I am a little bit concerned that it might outgrow the box...I haven't had one do it yet, but I also haven't
I can just move her outside if she ends up getting too tall, but I really don't want to have to do that..

MrC, I don't think you should have a problem with the fit as long as you don't veg for too long. Plus, the way you train them -- with the noodles, donuts, lead weights, anti-gravity rays, etc. -- will keep them down! :)

That's what I'm seeing in my current grow. I only vegged them for 50 days and now, 21 days into flip the tallest plant is only about 26 inches and the other 2 are around 20 inches. I could have grow one of these in my 2x2 tent, which is about the same size as your box, just a little shorter because it doesn't have a sunroof light mount.

After struggling with plants that kept getting too large for me to easily handle, I tried flipping at 50 days instead of in the 65-70 day range. It's worked like a charm!

And now for a sip of Geritol! :Rasta:

We’re a fucking riot i tells ya! We should be on stage!
Yep, we crack us up!:rofl:
I tried flipping at 50 days instead of in the 65-70 day range. It's worked like a charm!
Good to know, GDB- That's what I'll do- I shouldn't have any trouble keeping her fairly short until day 50.
The stretch is what kinda worries me, although, remarkably, it's never been a problem in the past...
Either way, she should be a fun one to grow..:thumb:

Is there room for an extension like a gorilla if you need?

Is there room for an extension like a gorilla if you need?
Not really- when I mounted the @NextLight 420h , my inside height changed from 44" to 48", but that's about as much as I can extend the box without adding more cardboard :)
I think I can probably keep her short enough...but I'll know a little more once I see how she's going to grow...
so far, so good, but she's only 23 days old...
It’s Tuesday.

#justsayin
I've got ya covered, Trala!

And now it's time for a little Update on the 23 day old GSC (and the others, but things have changed with the autos)

First, the GSC was topped 6 days ago, up-potted to a 5 gallon pot on Saturday, and today the branches are finally long enough to tie down.

Here she is before any training - as I said before, she is a very healthy little plant- seems real happy with 3g/gallon of mc..
1.jpg

So, before you start training, locate/manufacture 8 of these, or something similar, to hold the branches down...We start with 8, going to need a lot more of 'em as the training progresses...
2.jpg

Then, we need to open the top up a little ...
3.jpg

Then we start carefully tying branches down, starting with the bottom node, which is actually node 2, since node 1 got shaved off because it wasn't growing worth a crap......
We're not trying to bend the branches flat right now- we're just going to bend them down a little, and then a little more an hour or so from now- go about it gradually, and you won't break anything off...

4.jpg

Then up to node#3- same thing, be careful- remember, we're just bending them down a little at this time,
in an hour or 2, you can bend them down a little more if you want...
5.jpg

And finally, node#4 - be extra careful with these, as they tend to break off a lot easier than the other branches.
6.jpg

So, here's what we end up with- 6 branches (and 2 fan leaves) tied down
7.jpg

Here's what you should see from above the plant--it looks a little confusing, but you know what all the sticks are doing, so it shouldn't be..
7a.jpg

That took about ten minutes to do, so it's not real time consuming- however- you'll need to check and adjust the hooks every day or so, and add more as needed, so it is something of a commitment, but it's worth it in the end....
Any questions about the training, don't be afraid to ask!

So much for that one, now we'll look in on the auto situation, which has changed a bit-

These 2 (actually 3, but you can't see the tiny one) got moved outdoors- they weren't growing like they need to, so I decided not to waste any more indoor space on them...if they're going to stay tiny, they can do it out here...They'll be fed @GeoFlora Nutrients from here on in, just because it's easier when they're growing in the ground.
They may surprise me, and start growing like crazy, but I really don't think that's going to happen...

8.jpg

So here's what's replacing those 2:
9.jpg

A Wookiees f2 (first one was a f1) ,and a DarkDevil auto from a very special lady:love: here on the forum
They've been in the cups for about 36 hours, after soaking in distilled water with a bit of H202 for 24 hours. Hopefully, I'll have 2 sprouts by this time tomorrow...or not, we'll see...

And I guess that's about all for now-
Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support:love:
And please, stay as safe as possible out there...:peace:

Great explain on the stick use, sir! :thumb:

Looking forward!

Back
Top Bottom