Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Hey, I got 3 out of 4 to go, so I might finally be getting a little better at it...
or not... :oops:
Look stick with me kid. You’re looking at the self proclaimed Goddess of SeedStrike, with a healthy strike rate of 5 from 5. That’s V from V, or IIIII from IIIII or Hawaii-five-0 from Hawaii-five-0.

I can teach you, but I’ll have to charge ;)

Lollllllllinggggg!

Ha!...I'll deduct it from your training bill! :rofl:

While I'm here...how about a pic of the 3 I didn't kill...the GSC (rear) is a very happy little plant!
Those dollar-store squirt bottles are great for watering seedlings!
x3 happy sprouts.jpg

I guess only 2 of the 3 Wookiiees x Kalashnikov autos weren't viable-
8 days later, she decides to show up...I might end up with 5 plants outside this year... :oops:
W x K.jpg

I know @InTheShed has separated them before, I'll have to look back and find those posts..

Ain't that a kick in the pants! An unexpected birth.

Congrats, Dad! :Rasta:

Shed, do you remember someone recommending pulling the plant and then rinsing off the roots with water as a good way to separate them?

It sounded like a good solution also.

Shed, do you remember someone recommending pulling the plant and then rinsing off the roots with water as a good way to separate them?

It sounded like a good solution also.
Found it!
On the note of splitting two clones or plants. Another way is to slide them roots out and gently shake them while the soil and roots are under water. Then it's just a gentle pull apart and then you arrange your roots however you, want them (I spread mine out as much as possible) and fill in with new soil. Never get shock using this method. Same method for repotting orchids. No need to change what works for you though. Just a couple ways to skin a cat. No offence to any cats reading this, it's just jokes, ok?

Ain't that a kick in the pants! An unexpected birth.
Ha! Last time that happened, I named it Glenn, and raised it for 20 years... :rofl:

Thanks for the link, Shed-I was hoping you had that somewhere in your rolodex ...:thumb:

was actually under water rather than running water
I remember seeing that too-might be a gentler way to do it, especially for a "less than graceful" person like me....

Found it!
Thanks, Shed!...I don't know how you do that, but I really appreciate it:thanks:

Another Monday!...must be time for a little Update on what's been
happening in the ol' box this week..

Here's a pic of the little ladies...GSC in the rear, White Chem auto on the left, Wookiees auto on the right..
1.jpg

But wait, there's more!
There's a little one hiding in there! a 3 day old Wookiees x Kalashnikov auto that I gave up for dead - 9 days later, she decided to sprout, right next to the 5 day old White Chem :straightface:
2.jpg

So, I'll have to decide what to do with the little one...If she does well, I'll probably try and separate them
when they get a little bigger...If she doesn't thrive, she may get culled...we'll just have to wait and see...
she's actually looking pretty healthy right now...The White chem is a little droopy, but that comes and goes...
2a (2).jpg

Then there's the 11 day old Wookiees auto...she seems to be growing really slowly so far, hopefully she speeds things up pretty soon...she stinks pretty good already, so that's probably a good thing..
2a.jpg

She's a little tall, I'll bury some of that stem at transplant time...
2b.jpg

And last but certainly not least, there's the nice n' healthy, 16 day old GSC...
5.jpg

I haven't done any training on her yet, but she'll get topped above node#4 tomorrow, then in 4 or 5 days, the training will begin- gotta wait for the branches to grow a little before I can start tying them down...
4.jpg

Not enough room to get in there and clip the top yet, should be just right tomorrow...
8.jpg

And, a parting shot of all 4 of the summer ladies- the 2 or 3 autos will be going outside in a few weeks, and then the GSC will have the whole box to herself...She should eventually need all the space in there if things go according to plan...
3.jpg

And that's about it for today, only so much I can say about 4 little plants... :)

Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support.. :love:

And please, stay as safe as possible out there! :peace:

I can't wait to see the pool noodle come out for another appearance!
Yeah, I'll need a new noodle- the 2 I have are for 3 gallon pots, and the GSC is going into a 5 gallon, when the time comes..Fortunately, they're very affordable... ;)
Wow is that really a water drop, looks huge?
No, it's just a decorative glass bead, leftover from one of the 4 weddings we've had here....I've got a million of em...(not really a million, but definitely a shitload of 'em)
I'm guessing it's actually glass, but where's the comedy in that?
It's a classy substitute for a plain old rock... :)

They all look sweet MrC! :Rasta:

The GSC in a 5 gallon and with a new noodle. That ought to be interesting. :)

This looks like some kind of Sci-Fi grow!
1649711196320.png

The GSC in a 5 gallon and with a new noodle. That ought to be interesting.
I hope so- I'm trying to get her to grow a little bigger than the last 4...I'm a little worried that she may want to get too big for the box, although I've worried about that before, and it hasn't happened yet... :oops:

I hope so- I'm trying to get her to grow a little bigger than the last 4...I'm a little worried that she may want to get too big for the box, although I've worried about that before, and it hasn't happened yet... :oops:
That's about to change. A 5 gallon pot with the @NextLight will make a big difference, new noodle or not! :)

It should be fun- my first grow ever in anything but a 3...the nice thing about the summer grow is, if it gets too big for the box, I can always stick it outside...I won't do that unless I absolutely have to, but it is an option...

You going to color code your noodle choices?
Ha! That all depends on what the dollar store has in stock...I'm thinking an orange noodle with the black fabric pot, sort of a halloweeny type theme.... :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom