Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Looking good MrC. Good luck on the "big fat healthy seed" emerging. :Rasta:

Love those roots on the GSC.
Thanks, Shed!
I've got a good feeling about that one- she had an odd start, but now she's doing everything right!
Awesome grow!
Thank you, DeeBoy!
It'll hopefully get awesomer as it progresses!
Good luck on the "big fat healthy seed" emerging.
IF it doesn't go, I've got one more, and it's even bigger and fatter :)
fat seed.jpg

I'm just a few days behind you with my Wookiee. She came up yesterday.
Thank You, VG!
Great news on the sprout!:party:

Thanks, Shed!
I've got a good feeling about that one- she had an odd start, but now she's doing everything right!

Thank you, DeeBoy!
It'll hopefully get awesomer as it progresses!

IF it doesn't go, I've got one more, and it's even bigger and fatter :)
fat seed.jpg

Thank You, VG!
Great news on the sprout!:party:
When I'm picking a seed to drop I always leave the biggest, fattest one and use one of the others. My thinking is that the big one is the best one and I'll save it for last.

But "last" could be years and years away, so my thinking could be viewed as ass-backward! :laughtwo:

I always leave the biggest, fattest one and use one of the others.
That's what I did, both those seeds are from 2019, so I hope they're viable.
I saved the biggest one for last, in case I kill the first one...not ready to give up on her quite yet, though.
This is definitely my least favorite part of the grow...easy way to waste a week or 2, just waiting.....

Yay for Monday updates. :party:Congrats on the babes, hopefully one more on the way. I need to drop some seeds. I’m planning 2 photos and two autos for the next grow but my house is still kinda upside down from the floor install and the painting, etc….and it’s causing me to procrastinate. Plus it’s been cold! :straightface: I need to make a decision soon…on the photos at least! :cheesygrinsmiley: You are rolling into summer. :high-five:

Congrats on the babes,

Thanks, Boo!...hopefully it'll be 3 babes tomorrow...or the next day... :hmmmm:
and it’s causing me to procrastinate

Well, it's not really procrastination if you're finishing something else before starting the grow...and it may warm up a little while you're finishing the painting...the silver lining... :)

Sprout Update...

So, this happened this morning: (Mephisto White Chem auto) 68 hours, soak to sprout...

MWC 1.jpg

Then this happened: me ---> :)

And here's the summer grow- The one on the left stays inside, the 2 autos will go outside in a few weeks..
MWC 2 4-5-22.jpg

^ GSC photo--------------------------------------^ White Chem auto--------------------------------^ Wookiees auto

That's it for today!
Thanks for looking, and have a great week :love:

Yaaaaa! :yahoo:

Let the grow games begin!
Oh, yeah- and we're going to make it a good one!
The GSC should be ready to top in 3 or 4 more days, then the real fun begins...

That's the one- I'm probably going to just top the autos, but
the GSC is going to get the full treatment.. :)

Monday once again, and time for a little UPDATE on the happenings around here...

First up is a shot of my temporary seedling setup- the 2 led bulbs I usually use weren't going to be enough for 3 seedlings, so I broke out the @Atreum Lighting Hydra-1000 to use for a few weeks...
1a.jpg

The seedlings seem to like it..
1.jpg

I mentioned 3 seedlings...well, I'm still waiting on one of em- I initially tried a Wookiees x Kalashnikov cross (From the Wa. State seed fairy) but, all 3 seeds were duds- all 3 of them were a pale green color, which told me that they were harvested a little early, and sure enough, they weren't viable...not my fault for a change... :)
Now, I'm waiting on another one from the same seed fairy- Mephisto White Chem auto, which I soaked for 12 hours, then she went into the cup on Saturday at 11:30 pm- nothing yet, but it was a big fat healthy seed so I think she'll show up in another day or 2...
7.jpg

Back to the ones that actually sprouted- GSC on the left, Wookiees auto on the right
4.jpg

The GSC isn't very big yet, but she's very healthy...she's 9 days old today.
I haven't fed her anything yet, although I did amend the Promix she's in with a tsp. of @GeoFlora veg and a bit of @DYNOMYCO a week before I stuck her in there. Same with the Wookiees..

5.jpg

She's been pretty busy below ground, lots of roots...she'll be going into a 1 gallon pot in a week or so, and then into a 5 gallon when she's ready- this is the one that's going to stay indoors (photoperiod)- the auto(s) will be going outside when they're big enough
5a.jpg

Next up is the 4 day old Wookiees auto- Her first 2 leaves were "funny"-the tips were pure white when she sprouted, then the white parts died and fell off...not a big deal I guess, didn't seem to affect her at all.
No roots to show you on this one, it's a bit early...
6.jpg

Both of em- the Wookiees is a little tall, so she's a bit closer to the light so she doesn't stretch any more-
I'll have to bury some of that stem at transplant time...
They're 12 and 11" from the light, and it's running at 45 watts-

6a.jpg

The heat from the light and the driver are keeping it at a nice 80f in the box...When the light goes off, the seedling mat comes on, to keep it warm in there in the wee hours of the morning...
They're on a 19/5 light schedule right now-off at 2am, back on at 7 am.

3.jpg

And that's about all I've got today- I'll post a little update when/if the White Chem auto sprouts!

Thanks for looking- I appreciate the support.. :love:

And please, stay safe out there!

That looks beatifull!
Supper happy to see you guys using DYNOMYCO!

Thank you, candy!
3 sprouts, and I only killed one seed in the process :) that never happens!

Herbies Seeds, 5 from 5.
Hey, I got 3 out of 4 to go, so I might finally be getting a little better at it...
or not... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom