Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Congrats on the babies, Carcass! :tommy:

Annnnd, while I'm here- this happened this morning-74 hours from soak to sprout:
2 seeds, 2 sprouts.......how in the hell did that happen?:hmmmm:
Congrats on the sprouts Carcass! I think DDA are one of the most interesting strains to watch grow. I can't wait to see how she turns out for you. Exciting :yahoo:

One nice thing about growing in a cardboard box- all you need is a couple of paperclips, and you can hang stuff anywhere...:)
A couple paperclips really hold up a solo cup, even when it's been watered? That's a pretty efficient use of space.

Also what's in the squirt bottle? Lol.

Great tutorial on how you train. Also glad to see your two new girls have sprouted.
Thanks, BigD! Yeah, I was pretty tickled to see 'em both pop!
Careful, @Azimuth.

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Now were getting too many guys involved...
Congrats on the babies, Carcass!
Thank You, HashGirl! I was hoping they'd sprout around 4/20- they were a day early, but close enough!
Wonder if it's the same guy?
I've lost track...
Congrats on the wee ones!
Thanks, candy- that's 4 autos I've got going now, but two of 'em are runts- I planted the runts in the ground outside- I checked them today, and, as suspected, they're still runts.. :)
A couple paperclips really hold up a solo cup, even when it's been watered? That's a pretty efficient use of space.

Also what's in the squirt bottle? Lol.
They're stronger than you think...they're the bigger paperclips, they are pretty strong- I mounted my seedling light with 4 of 'em, and they were strong enough to hold the light with the solo cups sitting on it
to keep the seeds warm...
The squirt bottle is just distilled water with a pinch of Aloe powder added- it works great for watering seedlings...

I want to apologize for being absent the last few days... I'm in the process of getting my mom's house (well, my house now) ready to
rent to my daughter.
Had it tented for termites on Tuesday, and it got broken in to in Wednesday night- these assholes went into the house with the tent still on it...I was thinking I might find a dead crook in there, but no such luck ..
Anyway, now I have to do an inventory (from memory) and that's going to take a little while..
Crooks are sooo stupid- the doors were open (not just unlocked, but wide open) and they broke a window to get in..real Mensa candidates right there...
I should have everything squared away by Saturday, so I'll be back with you then...

@Trala- I'm taking pics of the training, so I'll post up a mini-update on Saturday- not a lot has changed, but I'll fill you in...there will also be a little required defoliation coming up on Monday, so stay tuned!

sorry to hear of the inconvenience and stress of the break-in but I hope it goes smoothly from here!
Thanks,Stunger! I think things will be ok, as long as they don't come back tonight...My son helped me move some stuff out of there today, so If they return, there's not much left to steal ..
Many of the criminals out there are not the brightest LED light in the tent.
Man, they sure aren't... So far, it looks like all they stole was a plastic box full of family photos...and they dumped the photos out on the driveway...the box was probably worth about a dollar...
That's sure worth going to jail for!
I may find more missing tomorrow, I haven't gone through the whole house yet, but it really seems like all they stole was that box...

Omg I’m so sorry to hear that!

If you need a strong arm, I’m a PM away. UstinJa oodyGa is a great guy and everything, but he lacks the upper body strength and killer instinct that is needed to fuck those little thieving punks up!

Oh and I’m glad you got an inheritance. My dead mum left me a forensic clean and I’m not even joking!

L o l l I n g !

Sorry to hear about the break in MrC. (I wonder if @Azimuth has an alibi?)

Sorry to hear about the termites and the burglary. Hope that's the end of the problems while you get your mum's house ready for your daughter. :hug:

I want to apologize for being absent the last few days... I'm in the process of getting my mom's house (well, my house now) ready to
rent to my daughter.
Had it tented for termites on Tuesday, and it got broken in to in Wednesday night- these assholes went into the house with the tent still on it...I was thinking I might find a dead crook in there, but no such luck ..
Anyway, now I have to do an inventory (from memory) and that's going to take a little while..
Crooks are sooo stupid- the doors were open (not just unlocked, but wide open) and they broke a window to get in..real Mensa candidates right there...
I should have everything squared away by Saturday, so I'll be back with you then...

@Trala- I'm taking pics of the training, so I'll post up a mini-update on Saturday- not a lot has changed, but I'll fill you in...there will also be a little required defoliation coming up on Monday, so stay tuned!
Bad people suck Carcass! Sorry to have that happen to you! At least noone was home to get involved. I've heard this story before of people working for the bug killers either doing it or selling the address. Don't use them again is what I'd suggest and call the cops! There may be others.

Omg I’m so sorry to hear that!
Thanks, Trala! They didn't come back on Thursday night, so they may be done...
Sorry to hear about the break in MrC. (I wonder if @Azimuth has an alibi?)
Thanks, GDB!....But Azimuth would have went in through the open door, so he's off the hook... :)
Yes, I do. I was out at sea on a fishing trip. When was it again?
No worries Azi, I cleared your name...:cheesygrinsmiley:
I hope the photographs weren't damaged....
Thanks, VG! The pics survived ok- it was drizzling rain, but they were under the carport so they stayed dry...Lots of family history there, so I'm really glad they dumped them out...

Sorry to hear about the termites and the burglary.
Thank You, HashGirl- The termites are just a fact of life in California, so no surprise there, and the burglary was more annoying than anything else, since I have to fix the window.
Next time, I'll put signs in all the windows that say "Have you checked the doors?":)
Bad people suck Carcass! Sorry to have that happen to you! At least noone was home to get involved.
Thanks, Stone! It could have been worse- Luckily, all they wanted was that little plastic box...:hmmmm:
What VG said. ↑
Thank You, Shed!
my guess is dumb neighbor kids. Really dumb.
I think you're probably right, GB-...really dumb!

And, while I'm here- I've got a little Update for @Trala on the plant training...(she probably already knows this stuff, but just in case...)

Leaf tucking- or getting all the big fan leaves out of the way (without cutting them off) so the all tops get some light.

When the branches get a bit longer, you can tuck the big fans under the branches/tops, so the tops are exposed to direct light. We will be removing a few leaves soon, but these big fans aren't the ones...

The GSC is 28 days old, topped 16 days ago, and her fan leaves are effing huge..
Tucked 1.jpg

And the ones that can't be tucked under, get tucked upward, and the sticks from the hooks will hold them there... for awhile... you may need to re-tuck these every day.
Basically, you should be able to look down at the plant from directly above, and see all 6 (or 8) tops- if you can see 'em, the light can too!

Not the best pic, but now all 6 tops are getting direct light- She just got watered yesterday, and I didn't feel like lifting her out for pics...The 5 is quite a bit heavier than the 3 gallon pots I'm used to...:oops:
I can lift it ok, but I'm probably not going to unless I have to.;)
Tucked 2.jpg

And that's all for today-

I'll be back in here on Monday with a full update!
Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support!
:love:

And, while I'm here- I've got a little Update for @Trala on the plant training...(she probably already knows this stuff, but just in case...)
Good morning C King :)

She 100% doesn’t. I can’t thank you enough for doing this for me. I’m at work today, so I’ll read in detail when I finish. Xo

But be warned, I’m coming for your crown, king.

Not the best pic, but now all 6 tops are getting direct light- She just got watered yesterday, and I didn't feel like lifting her out for pics...The 5 is quite a bit heavier than the 3 gallon pots I'm used to...:oops:
I can lift it ok, but I'm probably not going to unless I have to.;)

And that's all for today-

I'll be back in here on Monday with a full update!
Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support!
:love:

Lightweight. I've been lifting 5-gallon pots all along. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom