Bogdan - Coco-Coir - Grow Journal - 2016

bodyionita

Last update: 4th October 2016 - I'm gonna be updating the journal once every 2-3 days

Hello growers community! I have just joined this forum and I would like to present you my first humble grow.
First, here are the details of my plant:

What strain is it?
Aurora Indica [Feminized]
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
It's mostly Indica, but I don't know the percentages
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
It's currently in Veg stage. The seed sprouted and was planted on: 20th September
Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor grow
Soil or Hydro?
Coco-coir so behaves like hydro
Type of light?
4 CFL 35w bulbs: 3 cold white, 1 warm + led strip: cold for Veg
Is it aircooled?
Yes, 2 intake 80mm fans at the bottom and 1 outtake 120mm at the top
Temp of Room/cab?
Between 23-28 C
RH of Room/cab?
Between 45%-65%
How often are you watering?
Watered once a day at the beginning and only locally because it was in a big pot, gradually adding more water and leaving more time between watering. Currently watering every other day.
Type and strength of ferts used?
Flora hydroponics + Cal Mag

Issues to date:

I need some help regarding an issue I have with the plant which I have not been able to diagnose properly:
Those are the 2 leaves of the Bottom(first true) set of leaves my plant had. It seems to me that it might be nute burn.

14522536_1181735165225615_595842354_o.jpg

14585570_1181735171892281_641784305_o.jpg

You have bellow some of the pictures of its grow until now

Day 2
IMG_20160920_044438.jpg

Day 4
IMG_20160922_114554.jpg

Day 6
IMG_20160924_121318.jpg

Day 8
IMG_20160926_084343.jpg

Day 10
IMG_20160928_093719_HDR.jpg

Day 13
IMG_20161001_080434.jpg

Day 16
IMG_20161004_084359.jpg

Welcome! Looking good so far ! I'm VERY interested in learning Coco. So I'll be taking notes.

Hello there, Personalplusg, and thank you! I'll update the journal every 2-3 days, and I'll answer to any questions or advice anyone has for me. I'll also post soon enough the concentration of the nutrients I'm using. Meanwhile, I seem to have a little problem, I'l post it in the journal.

Welcome to :420:!

You are off to a great start! To me it looks like she could use a little bit more nitrogen. Not sure if you knew this, but in a soil less mix like you have, you need to start giving nutes right away...just like in hydro or DWC. Where she is now, she looks happy. I like to prune the first set of leaves once you go to do the topping (4 or 5 sets of leaves). Do you plan on topping? LST? How much dry weight are you hoping to get?

Keep up the good work bud. :thumb:

Welcome to :420:!

You are off to a great start! To me it looks like she could use a little bit more nitrogen. Not sure if you knew this, but in a soil less mix like you have, you need to start giving nutes right away...just like in hydro or DWC. Where she is now, she looks happy. I like to prune the first set of leaves once you go to do the topping (4 or 5 sets of leaves). Do you plan on topping? LST? How much dry weight are you hoping to get?

I also thought about that, but since it just appeared 2 days ago, I wasn't sure. I have been giving nutes to it right away because I know it doesn't have any in the soil, but apparently not enough. Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I plan on topping twice , to get 4 colas, and maybe a little bit of LST. I'm hoping to get close to an ounce or over. If I get over 20 grams I will be happy enough:D

I also thought about that, but since it just appeared 2 days ago, I wasn't sure. I have been giving nutes to it right away because I know it doesn't have any in the soil, but apparently not enough. Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I plan on topping twice , to get 4 colas, and maybe a little bit of LST. I'm hoping to get close to an ounce or over. If I get over 20 grams I will be happy enough:D
Well if you run 18/6 for 6 weeks and top twice...you'll be well over 2 ounces. We veg for 8 or 9 weeks and pull a steady 4+ on a photo. On autos it's right in between 2 and 3 ounces. Which they only "veg" for 4 weeks or so. So I think your goal is quite practical.

So is this your first grow ever or is this just your first journal?

So is this your first grow ever or is this just your first journal?

It's actually my first grow of any kind, not only journal. I have never grown anything in my life, I just wasn't into it. But this gave me the motivation :love:

I have another question though: I wanted to keep the journal updated in the first post, but it appears that I cannot edit it anymore after some time. I there anyway to bypass that?

DAY 20 - just topped a few hours ago.
The 6th set of leaves, (including the first set of true leaves which I removed) was topped.
IMG_20161008_1426231.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom