Boveda 58% humidity packs

User43

Anyone on here have experience with the curing humidity packs??

I dont trust myself to burp a jar properly so these sounded like a god send, just curious if anyone has
a time frame in mind for when to discard the pack and when itll be ready to smoke.

You burp the jars and then after they are at the right rh, then you add the Bovedas for long term storage and curing.

Its my first grow so i dont have a good estimate how much will be yielded, but i doubt it will be enough
for long term storage the way me and the wife toke lol.

How soon is too soon to start smoking it though?
After it's dry. You can also get a vape pen that will allow you to use wet product. Best after a three month cure though. I realize that it isn't an option for you yet but rather for the future after you have a headstash. Lots of threads on curing around here.

I use them in all sizes but in the 62%. After the drying time I pack one with the flower to be cured. I usually cure in buckets , they work much better at adding moisture to over dried flower but they do work on reverse also just slower. And as a bonus when the packs are used up You can rehydrate them good as new.

I use them in all sizes but in the 62%. After the drying time I pack one with the flower to be cured. I usually cure in buckets , they work much better at adding moisture to over dried flower but they do work on reverse also just slower. And as a bonus when the packs are used up You can rehydrate them good as new.

Say whaaaaaaaat???? They are reusable??!????

When the packs become hard , I put a small dish of water inside my clone dome on a heat mat , prop up the pack inside and in a couple days depending on the size pack it will be as good as new.

Wow i did not expect that. I bought a 10 pack of one Ounce packs.... probably will take a me a few grows to need more than that. awesome news.

It is best to use distilled water or R/O water to rehydrate packs. I just use a gallon ziplock you can use what ever holds water fill up to cover packs completely. It can take a couple days just check on them until they turn darker brown then pull out and use a towel to lay them out until they turn back to light brown then put back into air tight container they are back to new again. I have been using them way before they were used in cannabis for cigars which is what they were created for keeping cigars fresh. I owned two cigar shops.
20200729_095856.jpg
20200729_095906.jpg
20200729_095947_HDR.jpg

Say whaaaaaaaat???? They are reusable??!????
Say whaaaaaaaat??? You did not know the packs could be used more than once? Or, that they could be rejuvenated?;)

Lot of ways to rejuvenate them. @billyran and @CO Finest mention two of the more popular ways of getting the packs moist again.

Do a search using the words:
rejuvenate Boveda packs

and there are some great suggestion for setting the packs back up for use.

I store my packs in pint canning jars. One jar will have the ones that are 55% up to 62% and another jar has the packs that are 65% or more. The numbers might vary 1 or 2% but I that should give the idea. I use a method similar to what billyran suggests. Set it up, put the packs in and walk away. Come back a week or month later and check them. Easier to rejuvenate than to drive to the head shop or order on line to get more.

Back
Top Bottom