Boveda packs

I felt bad contradicting you Guy. And took it as a cue to pay attention just in case you’re right about them absorbing smells. But I have never noticed it or heard of it. And they’re designed by tobacco connoisseurs for the purpose. These guys can get pretty fussy about their cigars and whatnot and I don’t think they would stand for a product that removed or transferred odours.
I’ve never dried a pack to the point where it was crispy, but I’ve had some get pretty deflated and thin.
You can rehydrate them again to the point where they’re completely puffed out like sausages. Way fatter than they are when you buy them
Of course, this isn’t necessarily the way you want them as you want them to be kind of in the middle where they can release moisture or absorb it.

I like the Boveda way better than the other brands also. They are great for long term storage and will save your harvest if you accidentally over dry your buds. I use various size jars depending on amount to be stored. All with big mouth lids and 8 gram packs. Bigger jars might get more packs. Ive never reused them, thanks Weasel ill keep that in mind

This will be the first time for me for storage i hope i can do it right i have one bud hanging in closet was cut off by mistake but its drying nice and will add it to my jar I'm proud of my grow so i got 2 jars made up for me these are just decoration jars but they have air tight lids made out of wood with a silicon sealer to hold in tight will be adding my crop and boveda pack in it

As you said those jars are more for decoration. Those type will never seal completely and your bud will dry out. The boveda pack obviously will counteract this, but not forever. Look for some screw-top jars like mason jars. :thumb:

I saw some masson jars i have to pick them up tomorrow at the market i took the biget they have with a wide mouth 5 for 20 bucks yea that not cheap but i live in Quebec as they say le province des crosseur

I saw some masson jars i have to pick them up tomorrow at the market i took the biget they have with a wide mouth 5 for 20 bucks yea that not cheap but i live in Quebec as they say le province des crosseur
Five for $20. Are you sure...?
It costs less than $20 for a dozen of those here and I live near the North Pole.
I always keep my greedy eyes open for the big ‘cookie jar’ style. I find them now and then at second hand stores and friend’s places and weasel them home when I can. Not sure what used to be in them. Pickles mostly I think.
I could never bring myself to buy new and eat that many pickles.

I love going to the Antique markets and picking out old mason jars..... Come to think of it it's a garage sale time LOL!

Love them. Even the crap ones with the snap down lids. Hence the Boveda packs lol. On the lookout for green ones.....like everyone else lol.

Yep i got my 20 boveda packs today and 1 cola that i cut by mistake was hanging in closet dry to a good twig snap and put it in one of my jars its weight was 10 grams not bad. I guess you just put the boveda in jar right nothing to do to activate them correct

I would imagine that the smell of the weed if it's a different strain might melt into one another, but the Boveda will do the same treatment on all that's in the jar if that's what you're asking....

Those are the same size and humidity that I use. They have taken weed in both directions for me, so you're on the right track @coralman. I had a couple of ounces of white cookies that got overdried and these put them right back where they should be. I use one of those packs in each large mason jar and I haven't replaced it in a year.

Back
Top Bottom