Breeding Question re: Colloidal Silver

Not exactly what I meant. I meant do you put plastic or something behind the branch you spray so it doesn't get on other branches. Is there a need to remove this plant from my other plants ? I wouldn't think so since it only pollinates the 1 branch & not the rest of the plant.
If you are making pollen on one branch..once pollen sacs appear your grow room will have pollen floating everywhere for about a week..I had a female in my office get pollinated by a plant in the basement..two weeks later I started a different crop and after vegging them and collecting the seeds from old crop..the new plants never produced a single seed. So let's put it this way..if you are making seeds..that's what you are doing..your flowers will get pollinated...spraying one branch makes no sense..make one whole plant into a transgender male so it can populate all your females..don't go halfway..with pollen..there is no "halfway"..sorry..also...
Please..don't smoke the plants that you spray..the silver nano particles enter the plant membranes..this is what halts the copper and stalls the ethylene..and what will kill your lungs..please just sacrifice the plant you spray..it's really not worth your life for a few contaminated buds..silver in the lungs will harm you ..it builds up in your system..it's a "heavy metal"..any plant that is sprayed should be junked..any plant that is nearby when you are spraying..should be junked once seeds or pollen are harvested..please wear a mask when spraying and wear gloves..just as a foot note..if you are making seeds..your crop is not worth smoking...your health/life isn't worth taking this risk.

I bought at that , i use the same seller on flea bay :) blue bottle worked out cheaper in the end ,
I use a DC power supply set at 9 - 11 volts and 800ma with a pure silver coin..9999.99 clipped on anode and a pure graphite rod for the cathode 1.5 inch apart in an 8oz glass of water (small batches work better I find).. For 5- 6 hours..I wipe down the coin and graphite once every 2 hours ..strain through coffee filter into dark jar (no metal implements or the solution gets shorted and ions/particles will drop out) store in cool dark place not fridge) spray or soak plants once a day for 13 - 21 days until balls appear.

I ordered my stuff got it in two days and didn't have to worry about the rest silver coins are getting rare
i used to make it, its in my journal about 6 years ago , too much hassle for me these days with kids ect:laugh:
i don't splash out on nutrients so this is nothing to buy £12 free postage 260 seeds could have got another two runs with same bottle, cant complain cost me £90 for 6 seeds a few months back :)

I ordered my stuff got it in two days and didn't have to worry about the rest silver coins are getting rare
i used to make it, its in my journal about 6 years ago , too much hassle for me these days with kids ect:laugh:
i don't splash out on nutrients so this is nothing to buy £12 free postage 260 seeds could have got another two runs with same bottle, cant complain cost me £90 for 6 seeds a few months back :)
Ahh yeah..I think if you find a good source for it..it's just as good..I am skeptical about the strength needing to be as strong as even 50 ppm..it's like in hunting..deer aren't wearing bullet proof vests..my 30-30 does the job..goes for bear elk and moose...lol

On my Twitter page there's a link to my YouTube where I think my video is still up on my CS build..

There's no actual way to tell its 50 ppm without a really specialized tester..because the silver is very conductive..it shorts the regular TDS meter reading..it's easier to use a simple green laser to guesstimate macro particles by reflection..you will see a solid beam of consistent dimension through the liquid that is the same going in and exiting the glass container...the liquid should be a light gold wheat colour..if it's too dark or shows solids at bottom of jar..you went to far or used too high of a voltage.
I’ve heard this Same response from multiple people. If it’s because silver is conductive, wouldn’t it skew the reading high and not low ppm? Something else is going on. Seems Like it saturates at +/- 20 ppm? Since ppm is just a solute/solvent relationship, I wonder if it’s just spooned into at a 50 ppm concentration.

To any of you that make your own, does the silver wire, coin, etc.. continue to dissolve? Do the solids precipitate out?

The short answer is I don’t really know. But people like to write articles about the subject and argue with each other, and I seem to keep ending up on silver threads. Maybe because I’ve worked with it a lot in the past- mentored under a silversmith in past years and continue to make stuff with it.

To my understanding what we are making in the DIY version and at least nine out of 10 commercial versions is -ionic silver. Meaning basically -dissolved silver.

Colloidal silver is more like an emulsion or little particles of silver suspended in the liquid, as opposed to actually bonded to the molecule.
I don’t know how true colloidal silver is made but I know it takes more specialized equipment than what we are using to do it properly.

Also as said somewhere in one of these articles, ppm is fairly meaningless with colloidal silver measurements because what really matters for what it is used for is -the number of particles.

One gram of silver in a litre of water is 1000 ppm whether it’s formed of millions of particles of silver, or a one gram chunk floating around (the second case is admittedly very unlikely but you know what I mean).

When we make the DIY version, I think a small amount of true colloidal silver is formed as well - to float around in the ionic silver like soup.

Other people say that ‘colloidal silver‘ is an acceptable blanket term for any sort of silver suspension product, and that all the arguing about which is right and which is wrong- is wrong.

I think ionic silver can reach much more than 20 or 30 ppm. As for why we can’t measure it properly with a TDS meter, I’m not sure but there is an article about it below. Even though it’s not super helpful on the details.

Actual (suspended) colloidal silver is not conductive. So it definitely won’t be measured with an EC meter. It also won’t react to light as my ionic silver always does.

And yes if you leave the electricity running the silver continues to be extracted. I don’t think that the solution gets any stronger. But there is a fairly large amount of tarnished black crud that forms.

However- it tends to puff and look like more than it is. The actual amount of silver used up seems very small and is undetectable to me on the objects used.

weasel..firstly..I AGREE with you on PPM being irrelevant with CS for plants..it won't hurt them if it's stronger..only if it isn't pure..or has something bad in the solution..So youre saying just because silver which is conductive is trapped in a water molecule..which is also conductive..isnt conductive as a colloid..???..this is my 3rd CS successful transgender..all I was saying in my post was that because "it is conductive" I can show you the readings going up with my resistance meter settings as more solve suspension taking place..while making the solution..all I was saying is without lab equipment..just using a TDS meter wont be accurate..unless its the more expensive light refracting type..spectrometer...lol..all that being said i have had great success with this silver soloution that I am making and using..

No offense...and none taken..my electronics diploma is now just toilette paper...

Hey grow boy :passitleft:

When I wrote that I was Just trying to reply to Spitz’s question. I wasn’t addressing anything you said at all. I’m not sure I even went back and read what you said. It never occurred to me that I could be disagreeing with you or anybody else, and to be honest I don’t actually see that I was. but if you’ve got the feeling I was somehow contradicting you, please don’t, because I wasn’t. Ok- hopefully that’s covered? :D

I’ve never taken a multimeter to my CS solution but that is a good idea. I’ve only used the ECmeter.

But part of what I was saying above is that we are not really technically making colloidal silver.

We are making ionic silver and ionic solutions can conduct electricity very well. So it makes sense that conductivity would rise.

Yeah pure water conducts, but very poorly. Apparently true colloidal silver doesn’t conduct much better. But that’s just something I read. I have no way of making true colloidal silver anyway. And that bit I posted could be completely wrong. I don’t even have the fancy toilet paper So you’re way ahead of me there.

Every time I’ve made the so-called colloidal silver it has worked for me as well- to create pods on the plants. Although I didn’t always get pollen and seeds, but I assume some of that is down to my spraying schedule, or maybe some strains that are just resistant to the process.

Back
Top Bottom