Briansbrain's Cannabis Culturure in Tubes

briansbrain

A journal covering background, materials, and techniques to propagate Cannabis Indica on Murashige and Skoog medium containing 3% (w/v)sucrose, 0.8% Type E agar fortified with 0.5 micromoles Thidiazuron.

The goal is to demystify the growing of whole plants from plant cells, and to hopefully successfully culture entire buds.

A noble undertaking. Subscribed!

Which type of plant cells, specifically, are you using to grow your cannabis from? I've been told that you cannot grow a "buddable" plant from a leaf, for example (although I've not tried it, but it makes sense as I have tried growing the odd plant or ten from leaves that fell into my pocket when visiting botanic gardens & arboretums and the majority of the ones that I got to grow into plants never flowered).

You've certainly captured my interest.

First off, in order to grow plantlets in tubes, we start off with a nutrient solution containing a plant growth regulating hormone that stimulates plantlet growth from a sterile axial bud. In other words you would sterilize your explant in 50%, then 10% sodium hypochlorite solution, then rinsed thoroughly with sterile water before being transferred to a baby food jar containing sterile agar.

I will be in Costa Rica for three weeks and of touch. I promise when I get back we wil go through a materials list(get a pressure cooker, 15lbs for 15 mins needed). We will grow planlets, trick them into budding, and I hope to grow resin glands/trichomes in nutrient solution.

When undifferentiated callus is grown, (hormones in the nutrients again), each of these cells is said to be pluripotent, or plenipotent, meaning each cell could become ANY kind of plant cell, sort of like stem cells.

I will list everything I use so you can duplicate my efforts. I feel bad about my trip interfering with the conversation, but we'll go step by step, with plenty of pictures, when I get back. I am convinced anyone can do this, and experience has shown that sticking to sterile procedure religiously will greatly increase your chances for success.

They're sittin' in, uhh... They're over at... Lol, slippin' gears here, hoping that I'll be able to manage a gentle and early night tonight since I must need it so badly. (Night before Valantine's, yeah right.)

Anyway, they're probably monitoring what'shishandle's intro thread for activity, lol. Quick, wave a bud around or something and they'll snap out of it. :rofl:

(That's where I got the idea to visit your thread, actually.)

This is Carnival Time in the Southern Regions, USA and Regions South, have a good trip and party well. Look forward to seeing you when you come back.

Back
Top Bottom