British Stoner 1st Time Grow

ItsanIsland

Brief Overview
First Time UK Grower. Start date: 16-Jun-19
Populated Suburbs - limited grow space - affordable grow​

Would absolutely love as much help as possible as a newbie. Done as much reading as possible and doing a practice run with some seeds I purchased online. Let's see how this goes!!

Indoor Grow Info:
Canna Terra Professional Plus Soil (mixed with perlite 20%ish?)
Rimarup 80 x 80 x 160cm Hydroponic Grow Tent - (32" x 32" x 63")
Viparspectra Reflector-Series V450 450W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum
GardenMate 15L (4 gallons)

Conditions:
Temp: tbd°C
RH%: tbd%
Soil & Water pH: ~6.5
Nutrients: BioBizz Hydro Pack

Strain Info:
White Widow, Hybrid 40:40, Auto, from RoyalQueenSeeds
Flowering: 7-8 wks
Harvest: 10-12wks after sprouting​

.......... :D

Bought a seedling LED propagator from RoyalQueenSeeds and germinated a white widow seed using the paper towel method. Seedling shot growth and so decided to transplant to a larger cup (w/ drainage holes) on day 6.

Unsure if it’s transplant shock but initially thought I was under watering since there wasn’t any runoff from the drainage holes so added more day after transplanting.

edit: using natural sunlight until I get a chance to set up my tent today (temp 24C, RH=50% - likely conditions are the problem)

Attachments

• BE9DC384-2F85-4F11-A6C5-33D09985B6F3.jpeg
    BE9DC384-2F85-4F11-A6C5-33D09985B6F3.jpeg
    483.3 KB · Views: 197
Looking nice British stoner! Its already so neat and organized lol. I can tell you're gonna do well. Glad to be along for the ride, and I'll help anyway I can.
Thanks mam, appreciated!
Unfortunately might not be able to keep a very detailed diary due to work (well see how it goes) but def gonna keep doing some reading.

Reading is key! My biggest advice is find what to do, but more importantly find why to do it. Knowing that veg plants like humidity doesnt help as much as knowing why. Once you know the why's, problem-solving becomes a lot easier.

Welcome Itsanisland, a great community here and very helpful and friendly (from one newbie to another.
Wise words here, as TysonOG says "more importantly find why to do it".
Although i'm new here and to growing, i've spent much longer researching and this is the exact reason, being told is fine, but understanding 'why' is key to success.
Good luck.

Welcome aboard, look forward to seeing your progress. Also RQS are a quality bank! I was checking out the little propogator last week during the sale haha
Made germinating and growing seedlings very quick and easy, I’d recommend! Kept everything together in a small place, with LED at perfect height - even used them to grow some herbs and veggies

Annoyingly still waiting for my tent ⛺️ to set up grow space though

Quick Update: I've been keeping a spreadsheet rather than trying to find the time to continuously post (bc let's be honest - likely won't happen).

Annoyingly I've been having issues keeping my grow space optimal:
Temperature - 24-34C (75-91F). it has been amazingly hot in the UK lately so temps have been mainly around 30C​
Humidity - 20-45%. annoyingly low​
Water pH - initially used ~6.5 but soil pH was a little high so been using water at 4.5-5.5​
Moisture level - hovers between 1-4 depending on the wet/dry cycle (using MoonCity 3-in-1 Soil Tester)​
Lights 600W - approx 30" from leaves​

OVERVIEW
Day 6 - Transplanted into cups after spouting first leaves

Day 12 - found some fungal/ bacterial growth at the base of the cups at the drainage holes (included pics!). I assumed it was due to the high temps and minimal air movement so added a fan and cleaned the bottom with a bit of disinfectant but alas it returned on day 17 - any help with this????

mould2.jpgmould.jpg

Day 14 - added half strength nutes (BioBizz Heaven)

Day 18 - added normal strength nutes
So pretty...

Day18.jpg

N.B I'm also initially vegging some actual vegetables and herbs in the same space

Attachments

• Day 4 -seedling.jpg
    Day 4 -seedling.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Day 7_ii.jpg
    Day 7_ii.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Day14.jpg
    Day14.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Day7.jpg
    Day7.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 179
  • mould.jpg
    mould.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 191
Quick Update: I've been keeping a spreadsheet rather than trying to find the time to continuously post (bc let's be honest - likely won't happen).

Annoyingly I've been having issues keeping my grow space optimal:
Temperature - 24-34C (75-91F). it has been amazingly hot in the UK lately so temps have been mainly around 30C​
Humidity - 20-45%. annoyingly low​
Water pH - initially used ~6.5 but soil pH was a little high so been using water at 4.5-5.5​
Moisture level - hovers between 1-4 depending on the wet/dry cycle (using MoonCity 3-in-1 Soil Tester)​
Lights 600W - approx 30" from leaves​

OVERVIEW
Day 6 - Transplanted into cups after spouting first leaves

Day 12 - found some fungal/ bacterial growth at the base of the cups at the drainage holes (included pics!). I assumed it was due to the high temps and minimal air movement so added a fan and cleaned the bottom with a bit of disinfectant but alas it returned on day 17 - any help with this????

mould2.jpgmould.jpg

Day 14 - added half strength nutes (BioBizz Heaven)

Day 18 - added normal strength nutes
So pretty...

Day18.jpg

N.B I'm also initially vegging some actual vegetables and herbs in the same space

From what I understand, you do not want to transplant autos. Due to the fact that transplant=stunted growth for a minimal amount of time. With autos, you dont have time to recover, so most people it seems plant into final pot at the very beginning

From what I understand, you do not want to transplant autos. Due to the fact that transplant=stunted growth for a minimal amount of time. With autos, you dont have time to recover, so most people it seems plant into final pot at the very beginning
I was wondering why she was looking small, was worried she would be big enough by flowering time.

I assume you’d suggest to move it ASAP to the final pot?? Cheers for the heads up!

I was wondering why she was looking small, was worried she would be big enough by flowering time.

I assume you’d suggest to move it ASAP to the final pot?? Cheers for the heads up!

I know there are many experienced growers on here that can give you better and more knowledgeable info than me. But if it has recovered, I would. My autos start flowering around 3-4 weeks and you dont want to transplant after that, from what I understand. My first plant made it to a height of 3 inches before it started flowering..lol. There are experts that have pulled 1/4 lb from autos, def not me. I am still very much a rookie, on a budget

I know there are many experienced growers on here that can give you better and more knowledgeable info than me. But if it has recovered, I would. My autos start flowering around 3-4 weeks and you dont want to transplant after that, from what I understand. My first plant made it to a height of 3 inches before it started flowering..lol. There are experts that have pulled 1/4 lb from autos, def not me. I am still very much a rookie, on a budget

Bloody hell 3 inches??? Mine's at 4, just got back from my hols so transplanted it this evening, guess I won't be using LST with this one haha
Fingers crossed it'll keep going at least for another few weeks.
On day 23 right now...

Bloody hell 3 inches??? Mine's at 4, just got back from my hols so transplanted it this evening, guess I won't be using LST with this one haha
Fingers crossed it'll keep going at least for another few weeks.
On day 23 right now...

Hopefully you still have a week. I've noticed week 4 is when I really get a growth spurt/start to flower.

UPDATE

Day 34 - So the WW has continued in its veg state for the last few weeks but had started to show signs of pre-flowering pistils

Day 41 - Lights were moved to approx. 25" away from the top of the plant. She's still very small, only 10" tall - hoping to transfer it outdoors in the next week or two.

N.B. I also ordered and tried to germinate 3 Royal Jack seeds bought from RQS one after the other over the last few weeks but...nothing... Unsure if this is a quality issue but solely the White Widow seed has actually germinated and sprouted. (I simply soaked for 18hr under darkness, then wrapped in moist paper towel or added straight to soil).

Attachments

• Day34.jpg
    Day34.jpg
    823.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Day34ii.jpg
    Day34ii.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Day41.jpg
    Day41.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Day41_ii.jpg
    Day41_ii.jpg
    803.9 KB · Views: 179
tried to germinate 3 Royal Jack seeds bought from RQS
Did you let RQS know about their beans failing to crack?
(I got three NLAutos from RQS but hanging off as I try and organize grow space more for photoperiod but if they fail, i'll for sure be at them... !)

Not sure what the general concensus is but assume a replacement pack should be offered as standard...?!?!

Back
Top Bottom