Broken stem, fix?

fatbuds420

Accidentally broke my autoflower stem, I quickly supported it so the 2 broken ends touch nicely, and, I did what I didn't see anyone do on these forums.

I used a special. Glue used for healing all kinds of plant wounds, its called mastice here.

Its usually used when you cut a tree stem, apply is on the cut end, and it will aid healing and protect from insects etc.

I. Apply it all around the broken stem. In 1 hour it will harden up and help further support and healing.

Hopefully it works.... Has anyone used this kind of product?

Attachments

• IMG_20200825_172828.jpg
    IMG_20200825_172828.jpg
    724.6 KB · Views: 85
Most here just tape it up, duct tape, electrical tape, whatevs. Should be good but it’s nice to hear of a product for that. I know there are similar products for a tree that’s been hard pruned like utility maintenance cutting a giant limb and sealing it so the tree does not “weep” itself to death.
This is what I'm talking about Incase anyone wants to try it.

Attachments

• 15983698990063448311097734718740.jpg
    15983698990063448311097734718740.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 70
Only thing I hope is that this won't stop the stem from growing thicker, because once dry is really solid.
Is it tree specific? Guess some grow like trees... hope it works for you. I would be checking the fine print, but I am on my first grow. Keep the recovery pics coming :goodluck:

Thanks for adding that info & pics!

I was a bit skeptical when I heard or envisioned “limb repair glue” yet I know there are many cool things I’ve never used. As long as it doesn’t block the internal flow of sap moving up it’s all good.

Ah Europe maybe? It’s just a mastic Arabic gum based. We won’t have same brand in US or Canada probably but it’s great to know.

Is it tree specific? Guess some grow like trees... hope it works for you. I would be checking the fine print, but I am on my first grow. Keep the recovery pics coming :goodluck:
Not really tree specific, for any plant is says on the back

Yep, I used it on another plant too.

Huge weed fem, very thicc stem, I was doing some LST, and the main stem was chocked by the wire, and left a pretty decent scar, I carefully removed the wire and put some. Of that stuff. That was 2 weeks ago, so far so good, looks real healthy

Thanks for adding that info & pics!

I was a bit skeptical when I heard or envisioned “limb repair glue” yet I know there are many cool things I’ve never used. As long as it doesn’t block the internal flow of sap moving up it’s all good.

Ah Europe maybe? It’s just a mastic Arabic gum based. We won’t have same brand in US or Canada probably but it’s great to know.
I'll post pics of the other weed I used this stuff on, I acually checked, and it seems that the stem healed better than it ever could on its own.

I didn't look real. Close, but it actually looks like where the scar was is green again! Usually with scars like that it turns "woody and dry" almost like a scab on us humans when we injure

I'm glad to see it works on weed too, I had a tree years ago with a huge scar, we just covered it with this glue and it helped a lot

Also, its dirt cheap. Got that bottle for 6 euro at the store, and for weed, you can propably repair 300 branches, you only need a tiny dab

So it's super glue for plants, wonder if you could splice limbs from one plant to another.
you can,this glue is especally made for that

Here in italy its called innesto, aka taking a branch from a different tree and stick it on another and it will grow, this glue aids the process

For example you can attach an apple branch to a pear tree

Random fun fact about super glue, it was used in Vietnam to close the wounds of wounded soldiers, as it was very quick and effective to stop the bleeding, glue can have many uses doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom