Brown spots near tops. Help needed

Electricthom

I'm starting the 6th week of 12/12 on my first grow and have a issue creeping into my flower tent. I have gotten these brown areas starting near the buds of the top colas. It looks and feels like a papper shopping bag until it crumbles apart. It comes on super fast with no yellowing or warning and when first seen the brown area is already dry and brittle. It begins in the middle of the leaf half way out from the bud and spreads
IMAG04875.jpg

That was yesterday and today from lights on to mid day it spread to more leaves on that bud and started on the two other highest buds on this plant only.

Strain is unknown bag seed in coco Hempy's with shake-n-feed with micros, veged 2 months under CFL's with ph and heat issues, all taken care of before going 12/12 under CFL at first then a 1000W HPS 16-18 inches directly above her five weeks ago today. They showed a N deficiency two weeks ago and I started a 10-15-10 fert, then as it got worse added nitrate 2 tsp per gallon and kool bloom 1/4 tsp per. She is still loosing the larger fan leaves to yellowing even with the nute adjustments. The smaller ones showed burn but not the one with spots. I stopped the 10-15-10. I am concerned not knowing what it is or what I did to cause it. Could anyone tell me what is happening to her? :peace:

yeh its a hard one, looks definatly like nute burn of sum kind, have u ph'd ur soil? Maybe try flushing her..

Will try that Thanks Smokemupm8, I had a cheapo tester for soil but the kid got a hold of it, girls are more destructive than I thought. The plant itself is looking sad. and the brown spread across to the next leaves where they touch, like a flesh eating bacteria. Every large leave is gone now, and she is all stalks now, she was so bushy then poof yellow dead leaves. The small leaf where buds are look ok so far I think chopping stopped whatever it was (fingers crossed). :peace:

She is looking bad, going bald as it were. Is she gone and just drying in place? 95% of the hairs are red now. It looks like branches half trimmed after harvest. Question is, do I chop her now?
IMAG05196.jpg
IMAG05219.jpg

I am leaning towards N dif on her and three others only one is coming back, then nute burn trying to fix the Nitrogen. The one on the right got the same everything but is going strong
IMAG05174.jpg

It did show slight nute burn but recovered quickly.:peace:

She was dead. When I chopped her I found that a low branch that broke two weeks ago did not heal and it was dead and dry right through the main stem. The smaller branches were almost dry enough to snap one day hanging and it will be dry. At beginning of 6 weeks it is weak but probably better or as good as the bag of swag I got the seed from. That explains why a smaller one didn't wilt like this one. Thanks for the help Smokemupm8.

Hi mate, just had another look at ur pics.. The root ball structure looks rather small too? What growing medium are u using? If the plant is stunted/root bound which looks like what also may have been part of ur problem, it will die.. I dont kno if you intentionally kept em that size, but they look small mate? Just keep an eye on what youre feeding em, dont feed too much nutes, once a week or so feed her but watch how she responds;) Goodluk

Back
Top Bottom