Bruising stem?

steovblyth

Hi folks

I wonder if anyone can help me? A friend of mine has mentioned a technique in where you take the stem of one of the buds and roll it between your fingers until you bruise it and squash the fibres. This then results in the plant healing itself and where it was damaged a sort of swollen bulb appears. Apparently doing this and allowing this swelling to happen means the plant can force more nutrients along the stem to the bud.

Can anyone tell me if this is true and also if it is true would it be possible to do it to the main stem of the plant beneath the cola in order to get better yield?

Thanks.

Re: Bruising stem???

I think this technique is used from when the seedling has its second set of leaves you pinch the stem of the plant with the nail of your thumb and the pad of your finger. the plant will bend initialy then stand itself back up . when plant doubles in size you do it again every 3 inch or so, then let it double in size and do it again, and so on until just before plant is sexed. This does increase the circumference of the stems therefore allowing more ability to suck nutrient. Its labour intensive and slows the growth of the plant, as its always healing. I have tryed it once and then got board with it. What little bit i managed to do, did work. Apparently when grwoing most things, the circumference of the base of the plant is in direct relation with quantity. I have never heard of doing any thing like this while the plant is budding, does not sound good. I hope this helps.

Re: Bruising stem???

This sounds like the technique that Soma demonstrated in HTs Grow show, but he was using this to bend the top cola over. It's believed that the top cola can release hormones to stunt lower portions of the plant to bring more energies to top cola. By bending the top cola over you disburse the hormones to much less effect on overall buds, this process is started in veg and continued to early flowering. As to the extra flow of nutes past the scar tissue I have not heard this.

Back
Top Bottom