Budget LED's Illuminating Wonders

From what I understand, you get better tricomb development with Uvb in the mix. How does the red benefit bloom better than the full spec? Thanks.

Yes you are correct. The UV will help boost trichome production. The Extra red light acts to enhance photosynthesis. You may gain a slight yield increase. However, both boards have been performing very well in flower. If you want a full cycle light, we would reccomend the full spec for sure.

From what I understand, you get better tricomb development with Uvb in the mix. How does the red benefit bloom better than the full spec? Thanks.
And if you want to go both routes, we can mix each 480w kit so there are two boards of each. They are compatible and will function together. :Rasta:

Ok, I see the full spec has the uv. I'll probably go that route. Thanks guys. BTW, I'm a 100% disabled vet. How could I go with anybody other than you guys?

Thanks for your service from one vet to another!

If you guys made your far red with UV for tricomb development.... well, I dunno, but I suspect it would be bad ass.

It may or may not be in development for our Series 3 boards :)

How did I miss this earlier? Now I know what I want! Woot!

Haha we need to put the kit on our site. Since we build each kit to order, we can do it. Just comment on your order. We reccomend 3500k though in the red spec for full cycle.

Day 33 update picture with some frost.

IMG_20191012_092808_621.jpg

IMG_20191012_092531_855.jpg

How did I miss this earlier? Now I know what I want! Woot! But how long till series three?

This.

I'm looking to upgrade the lighting option for my secondary 4x2 space, and the Series 3 sounds like it will be right where I want to be with r-spec and UV. Saves buying and trying to rig reptile lights. :D

This.

I'm looking to upgrade the lighting option for my secondary 4x2 space, and the Series 3 sounds like it will be right where I want to be with r-spec and UV. Saves buying and trying to rig reptile lights. :D

The series 3 Red Spec will be a bit. Adding the UV to the red spec is taking time in development now. It wont be for a few months.

The best option right now, would be to blend the full spec and red spec boards in a kit to get the UV capability. It would make for a nice setup.

The series 3 Red Spec will be a bit. Adding the UV to the red spec is taking time in development now. It wont be for a few months.

The best option right now, would be to blend the full spec and red spec boards in a kit to get the UV capability. It would make for a nice setup.

Good to know, thanks!

I'm not in any particular hurry, but at some point in the next 3-6 months I would like to upgrade that spot. :)

I'm jumping in because I am already days from buying my first light and have recently been recommended a budget board from a fellow member here. I am comparing your 250w to HLGs 260w, but I must say the more I read around here the more I'm siding to the budget led lights. Is it possible to order a 250 with one red spec board and one full spec board or would it be redundant and be better off with 2 separate lights. I'll be growing in a 3x3x6.

Thanks for the insight and my apologize, not trying to hijack the post:peace:

I'm jumping in because I am already days from buying my first light and have recently been recommended a budget board from a fellow member here. I am comparing your 250w to HLGs 260w, but I must say the more I read around here the more I'm siding to the budget led lights. Is it possible to order a 250 with one red spec board and one full spec board or would it be redundant and be better off with 2 separate lights. I'll be growing in a 3x3x6.

Thanks for the insight and my apologize, not trying to hijack the post:peace:

No apologies needed. We want this to be an on going conversation. We are just posting feedback grow pics from current customers so 420mag members can see results and set-ups.

Yes you can mix the boards. They are designed to do so. We did this on purpose so if we came out with a bigger model (like a 1000w) both boards can be utilized in the design. We hand build each kit to order. So if you want it, just comment on your order to mix the two. It is a great idea to add the UV in for flowering combined with the red spec board. The diodes project at a 120 degree angle.

We make a great product. Very comparable to HLG.

Haha we need to put the kit on our site. Since we build each kit to order, we can do it. Just comment on your order. We reccomend 3500k though in the red spec for full cycle.
So if I'm understanding correctly, one board will have full spectrum 3000k w/UV while the second board will be a 3500k red spec? Would you mind explaining why the recommendation of a the 3500k for the red spec?

Thanks again

So if I'm understanding correctly, one board will have full spectrum 3000k w/UV while the second board will be a 3500k red spec? Would you mind explaining why the recommendation of a the 3500k for the red spec?

Thanks again

Hello CChapp

If you want a light for full cycle, the red spec in 3500k will feature more 450nm blue over the 3000k which is needed in veg. The full spec already has the 450nm specific diodes.

Here is a brief visual example from 2700k to 5000k for reference only.

Attachments

• 20191013_071957.jpg
    20191013_071957.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 204
Hello CChapp

If you want a light for full cycle, the red spec in 3500k will feature more 450nm blue over the 3000k which is needed in veg. The full spec already has the 450nm specific diodes.

Here is a brief visual example from 2700k to 5000k for reference only.
Thank you. I'm still learning here so your knowledge is appreciated. So in your opinion, would one be better off with a mix as we've discussed, or the full spec? I'm on the fence, maybe because I've never seen it done before? It seems as if the veg stage wouldn't be effected with the mix as much as the flower, where i would expect to see a bit better results do to the red. I guess thats's my main concern, I don't want to hinder my veg weeks for minor improvements in flower. Please correct me if my concerns aren't warranted.

Thanks for your patients

Chris

Hello CChapp:

The mix would offer your plants the right mix for every growth cycle. However, we understand your concern. The boards are designed to be mixed. We made them that way on purpose.

Both kits have shown great success in veg (red spec in 3500k). Whatever option you decide on, you will have a great light regardless.

Best,

Budget LED

Here is a shot of the lighting used is this tent grow. The tent is actually a 4 x 8. It includes 3 of our Red Spec 250w kits.

20191016_185822.jpg

Here is another angle.

20191016_180313.jpg

Back
Top Bottom