Budget LED's Illuminating Wonders

Some more pics. Day 38 of flower.

20191016_190445.jpg

20191016_190650.jpg

@BudgetLED, I know you've mentioned you build the lights on order, specifically mentioning mixing of R and non -R boards.

My question is similar, but with regards to the driver. Would it be possible to either not connect the driver to the board, or maybe add a longer cord between? I would like to try and mount the driver outside of the space if possible. Thanks!

@BudgetLED, I know you've mentioned you build the lights on order, specifically mentioning mixing of R and non -R boards.

My question is similar, but with regards to the driver. Would it be possible to either not connect the driver to the board, or maybe add a longer cord between? I would like to try and mount the driver outside of the space if possible. Thanks!

Hello MultiVortex

Yes! Just specify the length you need from the boards to the driver on your order and we can build it with the driver off. If you miss it on the order, just email us when you place your order.

We do that quite often for customers.

Best,

Budget LED

Hello MultiVortex

Yes! Just specify the length you need from the boards to the driver on your order and we can build it with the driver off. If you miss it on the order, just email us when you place your order.

We do that quite often for customers.

Best,

Budget LED

Awesome!

Well, crap. I guess this ol Vet has some decisions to make in a short order. :D :D :D

@BudgetLED

Sorry, one more question. For a 4x4, would you think (2) of the 250's would be of any benefit over a single 480?

I'm thinking of just ordering 2 of the 250's so I can have a little physical separation for a uv or other supplemental bar type light in between the two panels.

Coverage/PAR/PPF(D) and all of that jazz should be neck and neck?

@BudgetLED

Sorry, one more question. For a 4x4, would you think (2) of the 250's would be of any benefit over a single 480?

I'm thinking of just ordering 2 of the 250's so I can have a little physical separation for a uv or other supplemental bar type light in between the two panels.

Coverage/PAR/PPF(D) and all of that jazz should be neck and neck?

Hey MultiVortex

2 250w kits would give you better coverage by spacing them out. The down side is it's two lights to manage instead of one. However, personally speaking, I like two lights because 1. Spacing for better coverage 2. Saving energy - I can run 1 light instead of two if I only have a plant or two to run. Yes ppfd will be relatively similar with two kits. Might be alittle higher because of a slight gain in wattage.

Ps, another advantage of 2 lights - different strains react differently to lighting. One may want more lighting. One may want less. You can dim each light accordingly.

As far as mixing the boards, yes there will be some different coverage potential. On a 480 kit, not so much (because the boards are placed diagonally). The light is projected at a 120 degree angle.

Hey MultiVortex

2 250w kits would give you better coverage by spacing them out. The down side is it's two lights to manage instead of one. However, personally speaking, I like two lights because 1. Spacing for better coverage 2. Saving energy - I can run 1 light instead of two if I only have a plant or two to run. Yes ppfd will be relatively similar with two kits. Might be alittle higher because of a slight gain in wattage.

Ps, another advantage of 2 lights - different strains react differently to lighting. One may want more lighting. One may want less. You can dim each light accordingly.

As far as mixing the boards, yes there will be some different coverage potential. On a 480 kit, not so much (because the boards are placed diagonally). The light is projected at a 120 degree angle.

Excellent. Off to take a measurement or two, then put my order in. :D

Excellent. Off to take a measurement or two, then put my order in. :D

Great! Let us know if you have any more questions! Ps, we are now offering IP68 power cord connections (plug to driver connection)on all 120w and 250w kits. It may not show it on the site yet, but that is what it will show up at your door with!

Great! Let us know if you have any more questions! Ps, we are now offering IP68 power cord connections (plug to driver connection)on all 120w and 250w kits. It may not show it on the site yet, but that is what it will show up at your door with!

Excellent. Just put my order in, and then submitted a contact form to have one panel of each per light.

I opted to leave the drivers in their standard location for the sake of simplicity. It won't be much of an issue, and probably better than dealing with a long cord most of the time. (I was looking at somewhere around 12ft, so nah. :D)

:party:

Excellent. Just put my order in, and then submitted a contact form to have one panel of each per light.

I opted to leave the drivers in their standard location for the sake of simplicity. It won't be much of an issue, and probably better than dealing with a long cord most of the time. (I was looking at somewhere around 12ft, so nah. :D)

:party:

Great! Thank you for the support! We truly appreciate it! We will get your lights built and shipped out tomorrow. To your location, we would expect you to receive Monday.

With a cord that long, you would most likely see a power drop.

Just be prepared, the lights are bright! Protective eyewear is reccomended. We cant wait to see grow updates.

Great! Thank you for the support! We truly appreciate it! We will get your lights built and shipped out tomorrow. To your location, we would expect you to receive Monday.

With a cord that long, you would most likely see a power drop.

Just be prepared, the lights are bright! Protective eyewear is reccomended. We cant wait to see grow updates.

Suh-weet!!!!! Thank you so much!

I do have eye protection. Wouldn't unzip without it! (Wait, that sounds funny. :rofl::rofl::rofl:)

Monday is going to be a busy day around the ol Vortex house. Several boxes of goodies are lining up for then. :D

curious. looking at the series 2 on the website, it shows a flowering foot print of 4x2 or 3x3. does this mean that the lights can be put together side by side rather than lengthwise?

Remystemple" post: 4662443 said:
curious. looking at the series 2 on the website, it shows a flowering foot print of 4x2 or 3x3. does this mean that the lights can be put together side by side rather than lengthwise?

Hello Remystemple

The light is slightly better for a 2 x 4 for flower because of the design shape. It will also work great in a 3 x 3 because the diodes project light at a 120 degree angle.

Best,

Budget LED

Here is some photos from a client who was doing a comparison grow versus CLW. However, because of the response difference, he decided to switch all his lighting over to our 480w kits! Just a week ago, the plants didnt fill the space. Now ...

IMG_20191018_091929_100.jpg

IMG_20191018_091929_102.jpg

IMG_20191018_091929_101.jpg

@BudgetLED...

holy shit these things are bright! These lights are going to rock the hell out of this 4x4 grow for sure.

I set them about 5' up so the were out of the way while I was working. Well I plugged them in for a check, and thought, "well those are nice."

Then checked the dimmers. They were most of the way down. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cranked them up and WOW!

:thumb: :party::thumb:

@BudgetLED...

holy shit these things are bright! These lights are going to rock the hell out of this 4x4 grow for sure.

I set them about 5' up so the were out of the way while I was working. Well I plugged them in for a check, and thought, "well those are nice."

Then checked the dimmers. They were most of the way down. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cranked them up and WOW!

:thumb: :party::thumb:

Glad you like them :cool:. We cant wait to see some pics.

Glad you like them :cool:. We cant wait to see some pics.

I'll drink to that! Hoping to get germinating in the next week to ten days, one way or another. :D

Some Red Spec 250 grow update pictures on the customers grow we have been following (day 45):

IMG_20191023_232019_292.jpg

IMG_20191022_103840_713.jpg

IMG_20191024_092122_234.jpg

Back
Top Bottom