Buds getting mold in jars even if they are dry - Where should I put them?

dogno

hey everyone, the buds in the bottom of my jars, the ones that are touching the glass, got mold.
i put some fan leaves in the bottom, that way they dont touch the glass but im afraid it might not be enough.

i decided i should probably forget about the curing and put the buds in a place where im 100% sure they wont get mold, what do you guys suggest?
i thought about a cardboard box with a layer of fan leaves in the bottom (just to be sure) is that good? the box would be closed ofcourse so maybe a bit of curing can still happen without risking mold?

Re: Buds getting mold in jars even if they are dry. where should i put them?

You should not be getting mold from dry buds...are your jars clean? How often did you burp?

Fan leaves will add moisture. Mold loves moisture.

You could try brown paper bags, folded closed.

You should not be getting mold from dry buds...are your jars clean? How often did you burp?

Fan leaves will add moisture. Mold loves moisture.

You could try brown paper bags, folded closed.
the jars are clean, and i dont burp lol
fan leaves wont add moisture because they are completely dry (to the point i had trouble putting them in because they break)
hmm brown paper bags, any other suggestion?

U shouldalw ys bur ur jars oru risk mold growth. I wouldnt bother with the fanleaves cus they arent going to help much if any. U most likely gotmold from not burping. After u dry the bud and put thrm in jars to cure, the buds still have some moisture in them. That is y u burp the jars to release the moisture from the jars. If not, it jus gets trapped and bam! Mold. Burp burp burp them jars. U can put the back outto dry somemore jus be sure to keep air moving in the drying area. If ur buds r fairly dry now u can leave in jars but u must burp them. Remove any moldy bud n throw away. Good luck

someone is high it seems :)
and yes i do burp them, 2 times a day(for like an hour), believe it or not i misunderstood that word for something else...yes thats kinda embarassing xD

Dogno, are these buds from the plants upon which you had mold?
they arent thats the thing, they are from the 3rd plant. the ones u are talking about i put them in a dry place, still unsure if im throwing them away or not(i could make some butter no?)

Was this plant anywhere near the moldy one? If so, then the mold spores could have migrated and waited for the right conditions to grow. I would take the moldy buds out of the jar(s) and let them dry some more. Keep an eye on the remaining buds in the jar(s) and continue burping until they don't sweat anymore.

Was this plant anywhere near the moldy one? If so, then the mold spores could have migrated and waited for the right conditions to grow. I would take the moldy buds out of the jar(s) and let them dry some more. Keep an eye on the remaining buds in the jar(s) and continue burping until they don't sweat anymore.
it was near, but its a different kind of mold, the other plants had bortrytis which is black, this is white mold (the one u usually get in jars anyway) so it cant be spores if its different kinds?
and problem is they dont sweat... they are dry.

Maybe this strain is just prone to molds, white and black. I would still remove the affected buds to another jar at least and see if the remaining buds cure without any further problems. :goodluck:

Maybe this strain is just prone to molds, white and black. I would still remove the affected buds to another jar at least and see if the remaining buds cure without any further problems. :goodluck:
alright, what if they get mold again? where should i put them?

I would keep the moldy buds separate from the clean buds. I would place the moldy buds in a closed paper bag to let them dy out some more and see how they look. If the mold is only on the surface you could cut it away and potentially use it the remainder for oil but, as I said before, be very carfeul with mold since it can cause problems if it or its byproducts are injested.

alright so paper bags it is, ill see how shit goes in the next days and ill do that if i need to, thanks :)
and i inspect the buds veery carefully and cut away all the mold i find, its a hell of a job lol but i gotta do it. but as you said the spores and invisible byproducts can still cause trouble so gotta be careful with that stuff

Getting your humidity in check, in your drying room, would be my priority. should be the cause of your mold

hmm my drying room is dry, i hanged the plant upside down in the shower (i havent used in years dont worry lol)
the shower is in my basement, the only humidity there could be comes from the windows, other than that its pretty dry i think

Ya first timer mistake not have your drying room in order. Live and learn. Hold at 60/65% humidity for a nice even dry and to avoid mold. Took me a few times to get it right.drying is the most important part in my opinion and giving the least info. Get a humidifier/ dehumidifier. Mine was around 400. Make sure you run your trash water out of the room. Also exchanging your air helps tremendously with mold and smell. You want air movement but not blowing on your plants. I have a box fan that runs for 10 mins every 3 hours just outside my drying room blowing air out of the room. Stagnant air causes most peoples mold problems.

I noticed if I left the fan constantly running the humidity in the room would fluctuate up and down.

i do have a dehumidifier, but i use it only during the summer because in the winter i already have the heating going so it feels already pretty dry, how do i measure humidity?

Back
Top Bottom