Buds getting mold in jars even if they are dry - Where should I put them?

Re: Buds getting mold in jars even if they are dry. where should i put them?

Yea get a humidity/temp meter they r pretty cheap and a very good investmet.

Excellent thread everyone!!!! Some pretty good drying info here.

Here is my little word of advice. Boveda Humidipacks. These little buggers are a wonderful thing. They are a 2 way humidity control pouch that fit right into your curing jar. They make them in many humidity levels, and just happen to have one that is 62% which coincidentally is the perfect cure humidity for bud. I bought some of these a year ago and have never turned back. Even the dried out nugs you get from your dude or dispensary can be brought back to a fluffy joy in a madder of days!!! I actually sell them to friends because they are just as impressed as I am!!! They are cheap and you will never go with out one after you use it. You can even put fresh bud in a jar (after initial dry of course) with a pack and only need to burp maybe once a day. They just absorb all the moisture. I will shit up now about them. I promise they won't be a waste of money!!!!

Check this out: Boveda Micro Humidipak 62% 12 Pack

61UaMz-N7IL_SL1234_.jpg

Interesting, it sounds like if you over dry your buds this will bring the moisture back up to 62% as well. Thanks for the information, Outragedpluto!

Correct. I can't say enough good things about them. I think they are a necessity for any smoker and grower. They last up to a year or longer if left in a sealed jar, keeping your bud perfect the whole time!!!!

Get yourself an inexpensive digital temperature/humidity monitor from your local home improvement/hardware store. If they aren't available locally, check out Amazon or eBay.
alright thanks will do, i should have got ahead of time something to see thichomes too, but meh i guess first grows are always kinda messy arent they? and ill see if i can get those humidipacks too in italy, thanks everyone :)

alright thanks will do, i should have got ahead of time something to see thichomes too, but meh i guess first grows are always kinda messy arent they? and ill see if i can get those humidipacks too in italy, thanks everyone :)

No problem dogno! Something around 100X should be enough to get a good idea of the state of your trichomes and they are not that expensive. I just ordered a 12-pack of the Boveda myself, make sure if/when you do order it you get the 62% variety as that is made specifically for curing cannabis.

No problem dogno! Something around 100X should be enough to get a good idea of the state of your trichomes and they are not that expensive. I just ordered a 12-pack of the Boveda myself, make sure if/when you do order it you get the 62% variety as that is made specifically for curing cannabis.
I'm glad you are giving them a try. They won't each be hermetically sealed so you will want a good airtight container to store your extra packs in. I have had some In storage for a good 6 months and they are still like brand new!!!

I'm glad you are giving them a try. They won't each be hermetically sealed so you will want a good airtight container to store your extra packs in. I have had some In storage for a good 6 months and they are still like brand new!!!

I plan on keeping them all in a quart size mason jar. According to the website they have a shelf life of 2 years, if kept in a sealed environment with other Humidipaks of the same percentage.. Once in use, they can last anywhere from 3 months to a year depending on how tightly the container is sealed. Since I'm using mason jars I expect to get close to a year for each Humidipak and I can use them over again for my future grows until they start feeling gritty/sandy or when they completely stiffen up, then it's time to replace them. It really cannot get any easier than that I tell ya! Much thanks again Outragedpluto!!

btw, can i see mold spores with a 100x microscope?

Yup i jus ordered some 8g 10 pack from Boveda . Ill see how it does when it comes in next week.

Yup i jus ordered some 8g 10 pack from Boveda . Ill see how it does when it comes in next week.

You won't be disappointed. I should become a salesman for them hahah

I just received my Brovedas, 3 days after placing the order, all individually wrapped with their little instruction card in each one. They are now resting quietly in a mason jar awaiting their call to duty.

Lol yea u should. If im happy with the 8g packs ill definetly be going back for more.

Alright i got my packs :high-five:! They arrived in a box sealed in a plastic zip bag. Im pretty happy with their packing and shipping. Time to test their product.

Quick question, is it ok if the packs touch the buds? Im pretty sure its ok but i want other inputs. None of the packs are leaking.

Sweet cus thats what i just did lol. Thanks Coloradohigh for the conformation! Its great knowing that i can keep my stash fresher longer. Thanks again outragedpluto for the heads up!

I recommend buying straight from Boveda cus ive seen quiet a few bad ratings on Amazon about packaging.

I was putting the packs right into the jar next to the buds for a while. But then I figured out securing them to the lid seems to be more effective. I have mason jars for storing and I just tape the humidipak to the bottom of the lid. Stays out of the way and I feel the pack has done better and lasted longer. I have been using them for a while now and have used them in all fashions. Hope my 2 cents on them helps!!! Be safe everyone!!!!

Back
Top Bottom