Building Growing Closet Pls Help

greenstreetgb

Hello friends, i have a space for building a closet with size : width - 0.7m, length 1.40m , height up to 2.00m / 20inch , 55inch , 78inch/. What will you suggest me to do with this space ? How many plants and with what led light can i grow ? Should i decreased the lenght ? Thank you ! :welcome:

Hi greenstreetgb and welcome to :420: :welcome: We are proud to be the number one site promoting cannabis awareness to end prohibition and are really glad to have you join us :thumb:

Closet dimensions seem pretty good to me. I think you could do 3 large plants or 6 medium ones in a space like that. I have 7 currently in that size of a space. As far as a light this one would fit nicely: TopLed 144x3 Reflector I only recommend that because I know this model and they are a sponsor. There are lots you can choose from in a variety of price ranges and configurations.

:Namaste:

Hi greenstreetgb and welcome to :420: :welcome: We are proud to be the number one site promoting cannabis awareness to end prohibition and are really glad to have you join us :thumb:

Closet dimensions seem pretty good to me. I think you could do 3 large plants or 6 medium ones in a space like that. I have 7 currently in that size of a space. As far as a light this one would fit nicely: TopLed 144x3 Reflector I only recommend that because I know this model and they are a sponsor. There are lots you can choose from in a variety of price ranges and configurations.

:Namaste:

Hey buddy, so nice to found this forum. Till now i was feeling alone in the battle of legalizing it in EU, but these community is like family for my ideas and way of thinking. So happy that in it! :)) Thank you so much for the quick response. I am thinking of growing only auto flower plants for now. I bought a carbon filter and fans and now i am building up the closet. So how many autoflowers do u think will be best to put in these space ? Should there be space between them or its better to go for SoG grow for max yield ? How much do you think i can yield in earth / hydro from this closet ? Will these 400w reflector will be enough or i should go for bigger W reflector ? :thanks:

Thanks brother :thanks:

There is really no one right answer and it all depends on your plan and how much you want to put into it both financially and timewise.

If you fill a 2x4 space you can yield a lot potentially. I would review some other members grows. Light Addict gets huge yields doing his style of training called fluxing, but it is quite a lot of work and requires a long veg. He could probably pull a couple of pounds from 2x4. I have that space filled with mid-sized plants, topped only, and I expect 8-12 oz.

Thanks brother :thanks:

There is really no one right answer and it all depends on your plan and how much you want to put into it both financially and timewise.

If you fill a 2x4 space you can yield a lot potentially. I would review some other members grows. Light Addict gets huge yields doing his style of training called fluxing, but it is quite a lot of work and requires a long veg. He could probably pull a couple of pounds from 2x4. I have that space filled with mid-sized plants, topped only, and I expect 8-12 oz.

Can you give me link to Light Addict ? I am thinking to use Northen Light or Big Bang auto seed i saw that they give most yeild. What do you think ? I have also another one closet that will be 4x4 do you think one 700w mars ii with 5w chips will be enough and how much do you think i can yeild these ? Thanks ! :Namaste:

Thanks i will read it. What do you think about the 4x4 closet with 700w mars ii led light and the best auto flower seed for max yeild ?

Guide to fluxing: Light Addict's Quick Guide To Fluxing: Featuring The Original Flux!

Your first focus should be a successful grow. Don't even worry about yield, that comes with time and practice. If you start out saying "zOMG I will have 2 kilos!" Your grow will fail, guaranteed. Your plants will either die, or you won't hit your goal.

If you want maximum yield, Buy Photo strains, and veg them a long time. Autos can't touch the yield a photo can produce.

Thanks for the answer you are right! Which auto sort do you think gives highest yield ? I see that now you are growing Big Bang, is this the sort with the highest yield from autos ?

The seeds I'm growing are a photo period strain, which means they require the light schedule to be switched. Autos do not.
It's also going to be difficult for someone to tell you which auto yields the most, unless they have personally grown them all.

When you shop for seeds, most of the sites will give you an approximate yield amount.

You can find trustworthy seed vendors in the sponsor list: Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

They will usually list a yield 2 ways. One is by plant, They'll say something like 35g per plant. The other way, is by square meter. It'll say something like Yield: 650g/m2.

In the square meter equation, there are approximately 10 plants that fit in a square meter, so divide that number by 10, and that will be your approximate yield.

Of course, these numbers assume OPTIMUM growing conditions. As soon as you deviate from optimum growing conditions those numbers will change. So it's almost impossible to say "you will yield this much" as humidity, temps, light, pot size, soil, etc.. all varies.

But again, just focus on a successful grow. Stop worrying about yield. :)

I think you should start with the photo strains as they are the most forgiving. Autoflowering plants should NOT be topped because their due date is their due date regardless of what training, or other stressful situations we put them through and the more mistakes made (trust me you'll make many), the less yield you'll pull per plant.

With the photo strains, you can extend the vegetative period indefinitely if you choose which means you can sort of put them in stasis, all while growing them bigger and bigger. Then when you are ready, you simply adjust the light schedule from 3/4 of day to 1/2 a day and adjust the food regimen and flowering will commence. With photos, you can clone the heck out of'em and choose which has the best characteristics (phenotype) you're looking for.

Granted, to get this much out of a plant requires some more space, it is still much more forgiving on newer growers. But before you nail down what type of plant you want to start with, or what lighting to use etc etc etc, I strongly suggest that you complete immerse your brain with as much reading as you can stomach from 420's collected info page.

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

When I started, I spent months in here reading my face off, then rereading some of the things I knew I would be immediately dealing with. cut yourself a lot of slack when building for a grow and the grow itself. As a newb, I know what it's like to set the barre too high and not achieve those goals. Expect that you will make a lot of mistakes and your plant will likely be the one the price, but it will keep trucking towards harvest for you.

Back
Top Bottom