Built my own Bubble Cloner - Now I have questions?

DeeWeed34

Ok, so I built me own Bubble cloner, turned out pretty frickin awesome, if I do say so myself (so far, I am the only one that has said that...lol) anyways, I have my clones all set up, doing good so far. I just put my 4" net pots in a big tub lid, small layer of hydroton on bottom, cut my rockwool cubes in half, placed my clone in the rockwool, put it back together, stuck stem through bottom of net pot and surrounded rockwool with more hydroton. Now, my questions. I am hearing all different things about the "after care" now that the clones are under the dome. What should humidity under dome be? When is a good time to remove or allow air in dome? What is a good rez temp for them? And air temp? I was under the assumption that I only folier feed till they root, correct? Thanks for any answers and I would welcome any other advise also.

Oh, and also, some people say to run the air stones to a timer for shut off periods and some say no. I have not shut them off because logic tells me that DWC does have continuous air, and that is what these are use to, so why not keep it going. Yay or nay on this?

Pics? Sounds pretty cool. I've found net pots to cause pain if roots in cloner get too long. Auggie the clone farmer here uses Styrofoam inserts he makes I just buy plugs. But yet again I didn't diy it I bought a 144 site turbo cloner

There's a diy thread in growers forums you should post this there.

Hey thanks DP, I am checking it out now. So far only DIY stuff, I am hoping to find some info on the after cloning care, so maybe its in there somewhere. Tons of kick ass info on this site.

ok heres what works for me
I use a 2 gallon bucket I covered it all up lid and bucket so no light shines through
I have 4 holes in the lid for my cuttings I use neoprene pucks to hold my cuttings
the size of the hole is slightly smaller than the neoprene pucks
I also have 2- 1/4 inch holes for my 2 airlines which run 24/7 continuous
I use no dome it is not necessary
the depth of the water is just about the height of where the bottom of the cutting stem is can be just below the stem just touching or even just above it will work either way
mine is diy I use no netcup just the neoprene puck when I put it in my 6 inch netpot lid I just put it in and slowly cover it with hydroton this is after my cutting is well rooted and im gonna veg it
my current cuttings have just started rooting a couple days ago it usually takes anywhere from 10-14 days to root
again dome is not necessary on a bubble cloner

Sounds cool, similar to mine, minus the neoprene pucks. My hydro guy tried getting me to buy those for my set up, but I hadn't heard of it before and already had a system all worked out in my head. Maybe I shall try the neoprene next time. I am going to try the vermiculite for my clones next time and see how that works out. I love experimenting! :winkyface::winkyface::thanks:

Well, I must have done something right, so far 6 out of 8 of my White Widow clones have started to sprout roots. It is only day 7 so I shall wait to see if the others sprout too. Doesn't look to promising for two of them, but I am perfectly happy with a few making it considering this was my first clone and my first DIY Bubble cloner.
Still trying to figure out how to get some Damn photos on here...lol. Plenty of patience for plants...NONE for technology...lol.

Ok, so finally was able to get photos up of my bubbler.
IMG_20150405_120949_029.jpg
IMG_20150331_165453_985.jpg

Ok, I realize that some of my clones were not right, like the stubby ones with just 1 set of leaves, and I am pretty sure, but not fully, that they possibly will not grow right. But shit, they all have roots, so they look real nice from the bottom, although, I can't smoke roots...lol.

I didn't use mine the entire time, left it off most of the time during lights on unless humidity got low, then I put it on at night to keep humidity up. It's cold here in Michigan and I didn't want them getting dry from running the heater at night.

Back
Top Bottom