Busted awhile back

420247in402

So here is the scoop, the charges I got were all compiled into one ticket.

Long story short, I was pulled over by State Patrol and had my car searched because I honestly believed that I had nothing illegal in the car. They found a roach from a blunt inside my ashcatcher. They charged me with posession of marijuana under 1 ounce. I went to court, plead guilty because I was obviously guilty.

When I was pulled over, I was charged for 4 other things, but I wouldn't like to say what they were.

Anyways, I had two court dates in one day, and had the tickets made into just one fine.

This fine is 593 dollars. I was in court, and told them I had no job at the moment and was looking for a job. I had 3 months to have funds to pay for this fine. I have court on December 7th, and I know that I will not have enough funds to pay this hefty fine.

Is there anyway I would be able to arrange payments on this? Or anything I should say in court to prove I am not in contempt? I just got this job and they are barely scheduling me, but more hours are coming. If I could do payments monthly this ticket would be no problem......

This incident was in Dodge County, Nebraska.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

When I was young, in the late 70s, early 80s I got into traffic trouble and didn't have money to pay fines. I would call the court (whoever it is you actually pay fines to) and tell them I didn't have money. It was in a different state and a different time, but they would tell me that as long as I kept in contact with them they would work with me and not issue a warrant for my arrest.

If I were you I would call the court and tell them that you cannot find a job. Chances are you are not the only one telling them that sort of thing. Anyway, it would not hurt to call. The worst that can happen is they will tell you to sell a kidney or something. My guess is they will give you some kind of time frame to try to do it in and you may even be able to extend it again.

What they don't like is when you just don't pay and don't say anything to them.

Well I already went to court for the tickets, they gave me 3 months to pay, and it took me about 1 month to find a job, problem is, they give me no hours, I have been applying like crazy at other places to get a second job, and if I can't get it paid by December 7th, I have to go to court that day and explain why I am not in contempt.

Can I call and see if I can do installment payments, like 100 a month?

Who would I need to contact to talk about the payments. Like the county clerk, prosecutor etc?

I think it is the court clerk. Call the court house and if you get a person on the phone tell them your story. If you do not get a person listen to the menu options and somewhere it will talk about paying a fine. If that don't work go there in person. You are not in contempt of court if you are indigent. Seriously, it is not against the law to be broke. If you talk to them and tell them you cannot get a job and need more time they should work with you. Be nice and respectful and just tell the lady you are among the millions of Americans that don't have a job right now. And if you go to court on the 7th and cannot pay the fine the judge himself may give you more time.

I really do hope so. I mean, I could totally do payments of 100 a month, but a lump sum is really hard for someone who just graduated and has to be moving out on their own soon :/

Go and pay a hundred dollars immediately on the fine then when you go next month bring another hundred and ask if you can 100 per month. I have been to Court a few times and have seen this work 90% of the time.

That sounds like a good idea, I will have to wait until friday when I get paid to do 100.

I wish they would just decriminalize the plant for god sakes, it just creates headaches for everyone. Why can't police just go bust a meth lab or something

If they let me do 50 I could do it with no problems whatsoever. I'd just rather try and get it done and over with as soon as possible. I really just don't want to go to jail. :(

Gotcha start aying $50 per wk or every other but definitely at least $50 per month and $50 to "catch up" whatever you pay will be the expected routine payment as long as reasonable and accepted by the Court. Good Luck my friend! Let us know how you make out?

Just called the County Clerk today. I can make payments online, but still have to show up for court unfortunately. I explained to them my situation and they told me that if I say the same thing to the judge, I will likely recieve more time to pay my fines. Until then, I will just pay as much as I can until the court date.

Never, never, never agree to a search of your car or home without a warrant! Even if you know you are clean, cops plant evidence!

If you want to know more about your rights, click on the "Busted" link below....

Busted Awhile Back: UPDATE

So I went to court and talked to the judge about my situation and I got the extension until about sometime in march. I have to pay 100 per month until the fine is paid off so it should be smooth sailing as I only have to save 25 bucks a week

Cool deal dude.u got by this time an that is a good thing.Just try an b safe an the POPO r almost always dirty.The court system is all about the $$$$.I've seen both the 1's that don't care an those gunho MFer's.Agree why not just leave us b we r non violent.At least most.LOL again stay safe.
Godspeed
DnR

Back
Top Bottom