Buying new lights 4x6 question

Stormblade

I'm trying to run two 600 watt hps bulbs in a 4x6 space and wanted to know if 12 plants is too little or too much? Also, I was thinking about using the lamp below

Hood_Lamp_Reflector.jpg

Is this a good one? Any suggestions on lamps(150.00 and below) and about how many plants should thrive would be greatly appreciated. Height of the room is 8 feet, and I also want the lamp capable of going to 1000 watt hps in the future.

Thanks!

I am starting off with seeds, but will be taking a clone from each of the 12 before they go into flowering. I planned on leaving a mother in veg so I can grow a few varieties. The problem I seeing is that this room may get hot even with ventilation. I believe I may need an AC in the room because it is getting up to 83 degrees with two weak t5 lights. I know the temperature will increase much more when 3 600 watt hps bulbs are added to the room.

So far I have the room shrouded in panda film, I built a box for my window(it's huge) that incases it to just a 5" diameter hole for my fan/duct/filter. The room is 13 x 7 and I am sectioning off most of the room for flowering/tool storage, and the other for vegging. I am simply going to use panda film to create a dark screen between the two rooms.

One problem I foresee is I may have to cut another hole in my box to run a small fan through my 600watt on the veg side. I was planning on using the two t5s for blue spectrum and drop the 600watt just so the veg side is getting the watts per square foot they will need. The t5s are nowhere near powerful enough by themselves, but they cannot be increased due to power constraints.

If anyone wanted to know what I am planting, I plan on planting 12 purps seeds. I have blue haze under the t5s right now as I am experimenting with soil/nutrients/heat and basically feeling out my room before I drop my expensive seeds in there.

Back
Top Bottom