can i try sample 1 week early?

hahahaha! Haven't we all been there!

You want to now but later you will wish you had not done it!

(easy to give advise.. hard to take it tho!) Good luck bro! Hope you get a bad soon and leave the lady alone! (she can read you mind you know!!!)

Yeah well i did it and its like you say,you cant take just one hahahahah! It was really good for the head,but the taste when you hurry dry suckssss!Bud stankalot sure was right ,but like they say i guess you have to try it yourself,I am leaving the girls alone now!! Just have to tough it out! Thanks for replies.

I see this question a lot!

I know you've already chopped a little and whatnot but I figured I throw in my 2 cents for the next person.

My thoughts are - if you have to ask - go for it!

There are lots of reasons to sample some bud a week early, and only one reason not to.

Pros:

1 Tune the palette. Every strain looks and taste different at different times. The only way you will ever really know when to harvest a strain is to grow it once, and taste it at different times, then grow it a SECOND TIME!

2 Check the flush. A taste test is a great way to tell if you need to continue flushing.

3 Gives you a little smoke. When you've got a whole plant in front of you - why would you go spend ANOTHER $50 on more smoke. Smoke some! Hell, if you feel guilty start a new seedling a week early.

Cons:

It will cost you weight. If I take some early - I always make sure that I take enough that I can actually dry it and cure it for 2 days - then smoke for 3 days off it while I wait for the next test or harvest.

Just my thoughts. Growing should be fun. Don't torture yourself at the end.

:smokin:

+1 Rep. to Papa Green. That's so true. I did it. I would do it again if I had to. I can't pay when I got a plant in front of me. That money is for more supplies or equipment!

Just my 2 cents...

I actually took a sample of first cut today, and nuked it for a while to test it.

Because I quick-dried it, of course it tasted horrible, from the chloro that did not degrade properly.

Why did I do so? To make sure it was flushed well, and as it turned out, it was fine.

I always do this, just to be sure I've not made a mistake, but other than that, fresh flowers are useless to me. The THC is not usable until it is dried and converted to psycho-active form, so trying to rush that is pretty much impossible, you can't really speed up the process.

It's hard, but the way I see it is that my plants are still alive when they are drying, they are just slowly dying. That is not inaccurate, as many metabolic processes take place after a branch is severed from the plant. So, you are just stuck to have to wait.

Leaves dry faster -- shake is not great, but you can make bubble hash with it or just roll it up, that's absolutely better than nothing hehe...

Back
Top Bottom