Can you recommend a PH Meter?

Marbles420

Please don't get angry if I'm asking a repeat question but I could sure use some help picking a good, dependable and accurate PH meter but affordable also, hopefully for around $20, I'm on a tight budget. I prefer an easy to use and low maintenance type for testing soil and water PH. I don't know much about these instruments.

Thanks in advance my friend's :peace:

I am in the market for something myself, obviously the test strips pretty much suck ass.
I will be watching for an answer also!

Well Smokeyjoe, I hope we get some responses before I go and buy one, I've seen some with single and some with double probes, I don't know what the diff is. I want to be able to test the water accurately as well as the soil but I want to get the most for my $$$

If you're looking for an inexpensive PH pen, consider the Milwaukee 600. It can be purchased on Fleabay (and other places) for around $20.00. McBudz put me on that one. I've had it for a few months and it works well. I can't vouch for long term durability but so far, so good.

You'll also need a bottle of 7.0 calibration solution, which can be had for around $10.00. The calibration solution is also used for storage so the sensor on the pen doesn't dry out.

You'll need some natural (hydro) PH up and down solutions as well...

:peace:

Harry

Well, I bought the Milwaukee 600 pH pen, it was in my price range and looks like it will stand the test of time.

Mine still works like a charm. I would say like a Champ as in Hanna but I had that one for less than a month before it was all ehp'd up and could not calibrate anymore.

I actually just picked up a couple of more pH 600 just to keep in supply for backups and to cross check my constant on Hanna GroCheck. That one makes me nervous even though I haven't used it yet. I've heard of people having to have it replaced for not measuring pH accurately.

Back
Top Bottom