Cannabanana's Soil Grow Log, Various Strains, 2017, For Funsies

Cannabanana

May 30 2017 (took me awhile to log in properly)

Alrighty then.

The main grow is being mainly run and reported on by my other half, so my grow journal is more of an addendum, outlining some experiments being done along the way, mainly to see what happens and maybe learn a thing or two from doing so.

I am starting with 6 clones. The plants they came from we grew from seed. 3 are from a bag seed plant, which I am as of now naming 'Alouette'. You know,

Alouette, gentille alouette,
Alouette, je te plumerai.

Seems appropriate, as she (I am told she is a she, haven't really had a moment to see with my own eyes but I trust the source) is a fast grower (Sativa heavy if not 100%) and we are probably going to pluck her more along the way to keep her down to the level of the others. (There will probably be more experiments to come.) I don't know where the seed came from though, don't know if it was old or new, or from good stuff or not. It's the fastest grower in the bunch though.

Actually her 'Head' got plucked more than a week ago, as did her 'Shoulders', I guess they'd be, as she was growing too tall and touching the light. The two clones were put into jar contraptions, a small mason jar with a bit of distilled water, the ends were dipped in some rooting compound, but it was old, quite old. Anyway it basically came off in the water, although it stuck to 'Shoulders' for awhile before it came off after a few days. On top of the mason jars were pickle jars, upside down, to create little greenhouses, the idea being the humidity level would be 100%.

So, the results of that experiment was no roots for either, the ends just got yucky, turned brown and started to disintegrate. They smelled different after awhile than they did when they went in there. The fan leaves became yellow and fell off when I took them out of the jars to try to root them properly, I guess that's how they survived, sucking the life out of those leaves. They were under fluorescent lights most of the time though too.

'Head' fared the best. Besides the one fan leaf falling, she looks like I just took her from the plant. At this point I'd recommend doing that if you couldn't complete your cloning preps but had to top a plant or accidentally dismembered a plant somehow.

'Shoulders' wasn't as lucky, lost two bigger fan leaves, which had been light burned, and got some mold on them along the way while inside the jar, which I cut off when I saw it. After that the leaves started to go yellow from the tips down. The grow tips have since turned brown in the middle, hadn't noticed until I took her out today. I didn't want to play with her too much so I didn't inspect the damage too well, if she has anything left in her, we'll see. If not, I am just playing, it's actually good that she's in rough shape, now we'll see if she bounces back or how she continues to degrade, if that's what she's going to do.

So what I did with those two was basically what my other half did (and taught me) with the "real" clones. Used a razor blade to cut off the ends, then they had liquid root compound added to the new ends and up the stem a bit with a Q-tip. I had 2 rock wool cubes treated with some nutrients, used a small sterilized screwdriver to make the holes bigger, then dipped a toothpick into powdered root compound (This time both rooting compounds were new, we marked them with the year so they wouldn't get confused with the old stuff, which we still have.) and coated the hole in the cube. Then slipped the clones in. The trick is apparently to leave the stem alone as much as possible, no touching or bruising allowed, hold the clones by the leaves when slicing or placing into the rock wool. Then they went in a seed starter greenhouse, and some nutrient water got poured in the grooves in the base. Then used a fogger to fill the whole thing with extra humidity.

The other 4 I have yet to prepare. One is a grow tip off Alouette that I knocked off by mistake while taking a "real" clone, I cut with a razor blade above the tip but must have touched it with the cut end because I found it lying on a leaf below afterwards. So her name is 'Knockoff'. She's tiny and doesn't even really have a stem. So we shall see how that goes. She is currently floating in some distilled water along with one I will call 'Threesome'; the mother plant is called '3'. The other half said there was nothing left to grow on it, but I beg to differ, and so that is the experiment there. Same for the other two, 'One of Two' which has one leaf and a mother named '2', and 'Two of One' who has a mother named '1' and has two leaves. They are in some distilled water as well, both sets have a plastic bag over them right now. I decided that was easier than setting up the jar contraptions again.

Since I didn't have any more rock wool cubes prepared and didn't want to waste new ones on an experiment, I decided to use some really old ones that mice have been using as nest material for probably the past ten years. They were not too bad once i got all the little chewed bits and poop off them. I put them in distilled water and literally boiled the crap out of them. There are 9, I'm using 4 tomorrow.

Since I need to get some sleep I will put these four in their cubes tomorrow, believing them to be safe for now since the way they are is no different to how Head and Shoulders were more than a week ago, just a peach container (plastic) and an olive jar (glass) instead of mason jars, and plastic bags instead of pickle jars. And no rooting compound yet. But they won't been in there for a week and a half like H&S, the plan is to put them into the cubes tomorrow, the cubes are waiting to be shaken out and dunked in the weak nutrient solution, then will be prepared same as for H&S.

Oh and one other difference from our main clones, which had their fan leaves cut with sterile scissors about half way, I will be keeping mine intact until they fall off like H&S's did.

What strain is it? Don't know. There are at least 2 I am working with, probably more to come.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? All mother plants have fronds of 9 somewhere on them, I would guess Sativa Hybrid for all, possibly Sativa only for one mother plant which came from bag seed.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg.
If in Veg... For how long? New clones from plants about a month and a half old.
If in Flower stage... For how long? 0 time units.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor for now.
Soil or Hydro? Soil is coming but are in rock wool right now.
If soil... what is in your mix? Special recipe.
If soil... What size pot? Not applicable yet.
Size of light? FLs right now.
Is it aircooled? Not at the moment.
Temp of Room/cab? Guessing around 70F
RH of Room/cab? Don't know right now
PH of media or res? 6-7
Any Pests ? No.
How often are you watering? Just the one time so far.
Type and strength of ferts used? I'd have to look at the bottles again. Weak nutrient solution in distilled water.

I have pics I think, if they were not destroyed when battery failed, will try to post them if/when possible.

Cannabanana - I liked the sound of it and those things are crazy sexy cool, so hey.

May 31 (still catching up)

Got them done. But there are 7 now, 'Threesome' became herself with 3 leaves, 2 fan and one tiny grow tip leaf, plus I topped her or she wouldn't have fit in the seed greenhouse, and that one will be known as 'Threeway'. She has 2 fan leaves and no noticeable other features at this point. Everybody is doing fine, although 'Shoulders' was worse for wear than I thought and I pinched some of the brown stuff away, she just basically has two very sickly tiny leaves but there seems to be stipples along her stem from having been in the root hormone water for so long and maybe the tiniest of grow tips in there somewhere, I almost threw her out but decided to keep her until she's gone, just to see what will happen. No wilting with anyone, they all still look freshly cut other than Shoulders.

Did another experiment. The tips of leaflets we cut from the main clone bunch I dried in the oven in Pyrex measuring cups at 150F for a few hours. And then smoked them. They all tasted different and surprisingly produced an effect. All tasted of chlorophyll-y. The Alouette ones were harshest. 3 was best. 2 was the most different tasting, a lighter citrusy note to it. I took pics but as I said earlier (there's a bit of timeline tweaking in these posts as I prewrote then edited the first one and now am adding this one a day late too but hoping to keep up to date from the next post on) there has since been a battery issue so I will catch them up when possible if I didn't lose them.

Cannabanana

June 1 2017 - Today. Ok, early today. Still tonight, I guess, of the day before, if you don't look at the clock.

Everyone doing well, no real change other than Threesome now has multiple leaves in her grow tip, so she's growing :) Pics when I can.

Cannabanana

If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain
If you´re not into yoga, if you have half a brain
If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape
I´m the love that you´ve looked for, write to me, and escape...

:circle-of-love:

:thumb:

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom