1st Grow Log - 2nd Attempt

masterofgreen

Alright guys 2nd attempt, 1St attempt was okay and actually still going for now. Just a bag seed strain that im going to be growing outdoors. (alittle more boring than everyone elses elaborate indoor lights and killer strains) but I've got this new found love for growing so I want to expand my knowledge and I've been on the site for almost a month and its awesome.. but anyways like I said its going to be an outdoor grow (north Florida area), going to try to get some fox farm soil for when I transplant, just some bag seed strain. I'm starting off with 2 clones that I think are going to make it. Right now they are just in some soil that was already in the planter.
Female_clones_day_4_5_20_13.jpg
female_clone_cup_d4_5_20_13.jpg

These are the clones on day 4, I cut alittle extra off both of them. The one with the 2 larger fans I cut off both of them branches, I didn't want her to use too much energy and end up dying. The one in the cup I cut off the one fan leaf coming off of it hoping that will help her get some roots started faster..

Female_clone_cup_d6_5_22_13_journal.jpg
Female_clone_d6_5_22_13_journal.jpg

And here they are on day 6, still looking green so I guess that's a good sign. Any tips or tricks to help them along? Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

oh and for the 1St grow..I just had 2 bag seeds that I pushed into the dirt around mid February and wasn't really expecting anything of it, but a couple weeks went by and I noticed that they sprouted. So I just checked them every couple weeks and even through some of the crazy cold snaps (between 20 and 30s) they managed to keep going. One ended up being a male and the other was female. so with the female after she was about a foot or so tall I transplanted her in the ground, she was doing good until I noticed hairs coming from her and realized she was budding.. Guess she was confused since I planted her so early. I was told it would be best to take what buds she had produced off and she would start vegging again. So that's what I did, today actually. that's why I said my 1St grow is still going for now, but idk what she's going to do. she is where I got my clones from
Female_5_11_13.jpg

Again.. Thanks for reading. Sorry I tend to go on and on sometimes..

thanks for the intrested guys

So I did some looking around and I found some fox farm products, this is what im thinking... I know I need some new soil I was looking at either fox farm ocean forest or fox farm happy frog potting soil. I've seen good things about both, is either one better than the other in yalls opinion? Other than soil I was looking at some fertilizers too, I can't go too crazy right now bc money is alittle tight right now since im starting a new job. I was looking at either earth juice grow or bush doctor kangaroots..I know I've seen stuff on the earth juice, but kangaroots sounds good. Have any experience with either one?

Hopefully my clones will be doing okay when I go see them today, I've had to be fine a couple days. So if they're still living I would like to treat them to some good high quality stuff to let them know I care :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh, and I had a question too.. What do the numbers on some of the soils for instance (6-4-4) or (5-5-5)?

Once again guys I really appreciate the time yall take to read and help out with this. You guys are awesome

Alright guys today I managed to get out and get some ocean forest and I got some chunky perlite to mix in.. Did alittle research and by doing that it should help oxygenate the roots. So I guess we'll see, this is day 10 for them

Female_clones_d10_5_26_13_journal.jpg

Also I took a look at the mother female and her branches are turning purple? I think read some where this may be because of potassium? I feel bad because I butchered her up removing all the budsites.. But I think she'll manage to push through, so far she's made it through low 30s on a number of different nights. Wake up in the morning and there's frost on the ground and she kept on moving so I've got faith in her.. I tried mixing in some of the ocean forest with her topsoil hoping she'll grab some nutrients from that. Is there anything else I can do? Or is this normal?

Mother_female_purple_stem_5_26_13.jpg
Mother_female_purple_stem2_5_26_13.jpg
5_26_13_mother_female_journal.jpg

Thanks everyone for viewing and for any feedback!

Oh, and I had a question too.. What do the numbers on some of the soils for instance (6-4-4) or (5-5-5)?

those numbers refer to the N-P-K fertilizer in the soil, or Nitrogen-Phosphate-Potassium.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

sorry for the wait guys things got alittle complicating and in the way, but you know how life goess. the grow is still moving along. some changes have happened, my mother plant had to go because of living rearrangements and i have only one of her clones left the other didnt make it bc of the dog... but i replaced her with another random bag seed. it was the only seed i had and was just hoping it was female and it ended up being female! so back in there.. the clone that i have from the mother plant looks like its budding now. weird that it seems to be budding early? or well what i think is early? but the mother plant that i had in the ground was budding early too and im thinking she was bc of how early i planted her. but her clone that ive got is doing the samething now. its been 2 months give or take that shes growing and now she looks like shes getting buds and smelling. idk?

now, the other bag seed that i planted to replace my other clone that died looks like a different strain. looks like its grows more veritcal than bushy, the leaves look thicker, and she already has 7 leaves at the top. the other clone and her mother didnt ever have that.

but for both ive been letting the rain do what it does. i havent watered them since i last posted.. we have got alot of rain here lately.. they are both in the foxfarm ocean forest and the original clone that i had i moved to a 5 gallon bucket. i will have pictures up soon as i can upload.

again sorry for the wait guys but im back now untill the end of these gals! so thanks for the views and for any comments or advice!

Back
Top Bottom